The Skateboard Thread

SPORTO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Tavaruawon....don't forget Chris Miller . 41 and skating like a 17 year-old . John Cardiel is probably in my top 3 for sure . And what DAO said is pretty true . I'm proud to see kids that are normally street rats , skating everything nowadays . Every decent built park here in Ohio has an amazing bowl or series of pool to bowl/bank , etc...

Grove City , Ohio

grovecity-skatepark1.jpg

c13e3e219d9b21cbfc727b.jpg

532e22468aa64aa1ae4e7a.jpg

Wheeling , West Virginia , a few of us have gone there like 3 times now before the snow...very fun .

wheeling-skatepark3.jpg

Riley Skate Park in Farmington Hills , Michigan....fucking awesome . The drive is the same in terms of miles/time to Wheeling .

features-map.jpg

you celt...send me a pm the next time you swing up to riley...ive only been there once...and now that the kids are in school...you can actually skate lines.

Sure , they'll probably be 4-5 of us . The weather is starting to suck . Riley is amazing , no pushing whatsoever . :cool: There was a local going over the over-vert pocket into the deep end , gnarly as fuck .

Sure , they'll probably be 4-5 of us . The weather is starting to suck . Riley is amazing , no pushing whatsoever . :cool: There was a local going over the over-vert pocket into the deep end , gnarly as fuck .

yeah....the weather is the worst right now in the midwest. i got my fingers crossed for a week of indian summer before it gets dumb cold. however...im not holding my breath. be in touch...im down to link.

Oh yeah West Side Skates NHS rep called yesterday , and is shipping out Flip's Extremely Sorry . I hope by a miracle today it comes if not tomorrow . We were watching Transworld's And Now on repeat yesterday . I personally think it's better than Right Foot Forward , but that's just my opinion . :cool:

god im so bored watching skating lately. flip video really didnt do much for me. claymation was uber gay.

rowley killed it

as douchey as he is, burnquist killed it

lance killed it

everyone else, im sure it was all switch and super tech and im an idiot for not being blown away but i was bored. i gotta quit watching videos.

I like Innerspace. The people there are corny there. They usually let me just go there and skate the box, rail, and the little quarter pipe for free at the entrance, but now they start chargin' tough. I only go there when GOODS or a demo or something is involved. The mini us one of the best though. The best mini ramp is in Covington to tell the truth.

Brooklyn Banks Closing.....

Brooklyn Banks Skate Park Closing The Downtown Express reports that an area under the Brooklyn Bridge that's a popular skatepark called Brooklyn Banks will probably be closing: "The city plans to use the internationally known Brooklyn Banks skate park as a staging area during the Brooklyn Bridge reconstruction, which is starting later this year and will last until 2014," according to the Parks Department. And the Department of Transportation "said the city would definitely need the space" at some point.

That's fucking gay . I always wanted to skate there , and looks like now I'm going to have to hit NYC up early Spring .

Brooklyn Banks Closing.....

Brooklyn Banks Skate Park Closing The Downtown Express reports that an area under the Brooklyn Bridge that's a popular skatepark called Brooklyn Banks will probably be closing: "The city plans to use the internationally known Brooklyn Banks skate park as a staging area during the Brooklyn Bridge reconstruction, which is starting later this year and will last until 2014," according to the Parks Department. And the Department of Transportation "said the city would definitely need the space" at some point.

That's fucking gay . I always wanted to skate there , and looks like now I'm going to have to hit NYC up early Spring .

cot damn. i knew i should have skated there when i was in ny a couple of years ago. this shit is garbage bag.

god im so bored watching skating lately. flip video really didnt do much for me. claymation was uber gay.

rowley killed it

as douchey as he is, burnquist killed it

lance killed it

everyone else, im sure it was all switch and super tech and im an idiot for not being blown away but i was bored. i gotta quit watching videos.

i agree and disagree with this...

1. the claymation wasnt that bad to me. some of them were a bit drawn out.

2. yes...burnquist's part got a bit repetitive...but its hard to front on how monster that shit is.

and

3. lance's part was probably my favorite. hands down.

p.s. rodrigo tx can kickflip into anything.

could someone explain to me why Tony Hawk has put his name on such garbage? i was in kmart or wallmart or some mart the other day, and i was looking at their "skateboards". theres a couple different quality levels available there, but none of them are near that of a skateboard youd buy at an actual shop. At least most of the boards had metal trucks, unlike some of the shitty Variflexs i rode growing up, and at least they are shaped somewhat like a real skateboard, but the wood theyre made of is garbage, along with just about every other part of the board.

Does Tony Hawk not have enough money already that he has to have his name stamped on some fucking 30 dollar death trap of a board that barely rolls? There were even shitty "BMX" bikes there with a big old "Tony Hawk huck jam" whatever sticker on them. What in gods name does Tony Hawk have to do with BMX??? Seriously, does he not have enough money after making Tony Hawk pro skater vol. 19?