Toys post here...

swif1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Here is a new guide I whipped together, it is all done with computer fonts.

letterguide2.jpg

Using graph/lined paper helps a lot in developing letter structure and 3ds. Please note how the 3d all shares the same angle, before you try any distorted perspectives you need to get your basic angles down first.

Not good scribbler, not good at all.

You have this idea that you can make a apiece but just getting a shitload of arrows and hoping they will come out like letters.

Its not going to work.

You need to have letters, without letters youll just a mess, which is what you have there.

Concentrate on your letters not the effects. Overdoing of effects/do dads/cuts whatever you want to call em kills the piece. Simplify your shit, get a good letter structure going on, letters are the heart and soul of a piece.

I took the liberty of highlighting all the lines you have in that first piece there and i cant see any letters, there something wrong there.

newbitmapimage2oj.png

You can see that there is no clearly defined letters there.

Take a look at this sever:

sever4.jpg

Everything looks crazy and shit, arrows everywhere. Right?

Wrong. Everything in that piece has a purpose. And all of the arrows and shit, are secondary to the letters. They assist them.

Here i highlighted the letters:

newbitmapimage8yb.png

See how everything is structured around the letters, not the other way

around?

Thats what you want to achieve.

You dont want to have arrows or bars that come out of nowhere and lead nowhere. Youll notice all his arrows and shit have a purpose and come out of somewhere.

So for now work on a good letter structure.

Arrows and the like will come later.

Originally posted by aimoner.reno@May 24 2005, 02:11 AM

For the fool on page 37 who writes jeaz you better change your name cuz there is a jeas in RENO who would smoke you... just a thought

I wouldnt trip off some Renoid writer who probably hits up twice a year! Just dont take the name of a King or a dead King and you will be cool. Get good and battle for your name

Originally posted by Flayed God X@May 30 2005, 02:48 AM

Here is a new guide I whipped together, it is all done with computer fonts.

letterguide2.jpg

Using graph/lined paper helps a lot in developing letter structure and 3ds. Please note how the 3d all shares the same angle, before you try any distorted perspectives you need to get your basic angles down first.

I'll post up my notes from art class about 3 years ago that we had on an assignment regarding 3d and creating perspective. Or I'll quickly sketch it out again.

Stop twisting your letters, make them straight up and down- copy this exactly and then redraw it, and redraw it..just when you're sick of it- redraw it again:

RISE

you need to get an idea of what goes into a letter before you can start contorting them.

Also: Don't do any 3d yet, you don't understand that yet, either.