How were you disciplined as a child?

GamblersGrin

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I dont know if its just me but I thought that getting hit was like some sort of crime that only happened in redneck trailer parks, this thread shocked me.

To the best of my beleif even being spanked is a form of child abuse and will fuck you up later on in life. Mayby thats cause my mom has a degree in child development. But its true, listen to loveline, or anything lots of problems stem from getting beat as a kid.

My parents gave me a talking. Which scares the shit out of my way more than ever getting beaten. Mayby thats why I am such a goodie goodie now adays.

Originally posted by suburbian bum

To the best of my beleif even being spanked is a form of child abuse and will fuck you up later on in life. Mayby thats cause my mom has a degree in child development. But its true, listen to loveline, or anything lots of problems stem from getting beat as a kid.

Out of all the places I've been as a child, only in America is spanking your kid considered a form of child abuse. I've never even heard of children calling the cops and suing their own parents until I came here. I believe there's a big difference between physical abuse and getting punished because you were being a brat.

I'm not endorsing hitting kids as a form of punishment, but in many other cultures spanking your kids or smacking them with your shoes is completely acceptable.

i got the belt on many occasions. i remember getting beat with the belt when i was like five years old. i remember getting smacked, punched(in the face), getting kicked (while i was down), getting shit thrown at me, and whatever else my dad could get me with. me and my brother had shit rough when we were little kids. you may think the "... were just dissapointed." line is bad but thats nothing compared to getting hit over and over while your on the floor by your own dad while your mom is screaming for him to stop and crying in the back. shit was fucked up for real. were not some rednecks that live in a trailer either. my dad had a good job, we lived in a nice suburb in a nice house. noone talks about it anymore. ive kind of blocked it out of my mind for a while but when i saw this thread it brought back memories.

Originally posted by suburbian bum

Im shocked that youre shocked that you didnt believe so many kids get beaten...

my adopted sister called the police when my mother beat her in an elevator. The cop told my mom to beat her inside the apartment next time....

Spankings are not going to fuck you up later in life, unless you get them for no reason. I used to say that, so I wouldnt get whooped, but my father would give me the 'spare the rod, spoil the child' speech, and then he'd whoop my ass...from what I've seen, not getting spanked is what fucks kids up. They turn out bad as hell, and end up on the Maury show.

they would always use the "were not mad,were just extremely dissapointed."

My parents gave me a talking. Which scares the shit out of my way more than ever getting beaten. Mayby thats why I am such a goodie goodie now adays.

I don't get how people can make statements like this. If you got beaten and screamed at as a child you'll know a stern talking to or a guilt trip is a much more preferable option to recieve.

I think spanking your kids isn't that bad aslong as you do it in a controlled and composed way (smack or 2 on the bum ect...).If you just fly of the handle and kick the fuck out of them then your an aweful person.

Originally posted by Weapon X

Yo, I got straight beats until I cried in front of my friends all the time! I still think getting beat by your parents’ friends (who often happened to be friends’ parents, as well) is the ultimate worst.

damn, x. are you a knightbat? i forget. anyway, if you are, your new codename is:

REDHEADED STEPCHILD-BAT

all i'm gonna say in this thread is that i feel real lucky. i appreciate what my parents have done for me. they fucked up some like all people do, but i feel lucky.

wire hangers...

yea not really...i got the disapointment eye from my dad which is probably worse than any beating he could have given me. and my moms regular voice was pretty much her yelling all the time so it never really phased me when she really got mad.

From dad, I got beat with friggin switches (a flexible twig with leaves on it) for a while. then I graduated to belt beatings. Then when I turned about 10, it was time to get punched and slapped bare handed. My mom would always beat me with hangers or box me out with her fists sometimes.

mmm, i was a really good kid.

really.

i rarely got in trouble.

if i did, my mom would yell.

somtimes my dad would spank me but

i think knowing my parents were mad at me disciplined me more than the hitting or yelling.

guilt factor supreme.

When i became a rowdy teen, my mom would really lay down the guilt trip. really bad.

i got grounded maybe a few times...

i was never disciplined to where they would ever lay a hand on me. i was a good kid all my life, i've never really did something to the point where my parents would hit me. or so what i can remember.

i do remember one time my cousins were over and we ordered some little ceasars pizza with crazy bread. now thats the best crazy bread ever. my sister decided to be selfish and have one pack to herself. my father got so pissed off that she wasnt sharing with our cousins that he hit her. thats the first time i've ever seen him do that and my sis was only 12.

Guest SayOne

belts, phone cords, branches (small ones) whatever was at hand but i rarely got hit, my brother and sister on the other hand would get beat often...:( :(

dont know if i would hit my kids, but knowing me i probaly would:D

Archived