bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

saw this today at my dads house...

25 years ago...my brother started riding without training wheels at 18 months crazy (can in photo for size reference)

29810_1488580053810_1213201223_1413180_4004284_n.jpg

Beginning on Tuesday I am going to give up my car for two months and bike instead, sort of as an experiment to see how much weight I can lose and I am sick of traffic and gas and cars in general.

I will probably be making more appearances in this thread.

My friends dad was about to throw away this vintage peugeot that had been sitting in his garage for years. Cosmetically it is almost perfect. He said I could have it for free if I come take it off his hands, so I did. Stripped it down this weekend and turned it into this. Wish I had some before pictures:

CIMG4167.jpg

CIMG4168.jpg

CIMG4169.jpg

My first single speed, as I have always rode with gears, and I have to admit I'm loving it so far.

I'll never get it either. Then again I can't see anyone putting in any good miles on a single speed where the correct saddle position would effect you that much.

Aside from that, I've been getting ontop of stretching the fuck out of my IT band and quads to reduce my knee pain. It seems to be working out pretty well. I'm going to start Physical Therapy here in about two weeks. I need to finish up graduating college first.

31160_1490303056884_1213201223_1416470_7908477_n.jpg

is it a viable option to install a triple on the crank i have right now?

i am dealing with some major inclines and the dual crank isn't cutting it...

Probably one of those questions that can't be answered without seeing the bike..

You most likely wont be able to instal a triple without a new bottom bracket because a triple wont fit on the one you have, since it's fit for a double. That's the best thing I can give you right now without knowing a damn thing about your bike.

What ind of inclines are you talking about that you can't deal with on a double? I mean I know there are some pretty brutal hills around my way that suck on a double but it's nothing I can't power through (with a little bit of training at least: intervals, trainer, etc).

Maybe I just sound like a jackass because I'm kind of drunk.

Edit* Oh the toe clips might not be helping as much as clipless pedals as far as helping you up those hills. Might be a cheaper investment than a new crank...

I cosign that count...i have had an injury for the last 4 months..just started riding again.

The incline im having trouble with is not because of the grade but the distance...id say its about a mile climb.

Sucks because its the only way home from the train station. If anyone is local its hillsdale boulevard from el camino real all the way up to 92 .... san mateo, ca

I was thinking that a triple would require a new bracket and a cassette...oh well, ill make a trip to my local bike shop and see what the options are.

Ralphy... you can put a smaller chain ring on the inside, maybe a 38 tooth, and then change out your rear cassette to 12-29. Doesn't sound like much of a change but trust me... it'll make a difference.

Rubbish... the knee is still wonky. So bummed. All the work over the winter, all the money spent... I'm just bummed. I feel like even if things come together in a month it'll take me two or three months to get back to where I was with Banana Belt 1 when I got 6th. And by then the road season will be over. I guess I can look forward to Cyclocross...

• Like 1

Ah Joker, you'll be good... our season is so long that you'll be strong during some point of it. Full summer of crits and then a full autumn of cyclocross... pick your poison and I'm sure you'll be stomping in due time. The benefits of long base mileage are slow to come on, but slow to wear away as well.

Besides, everyone knows of the racers who get a bad injury and then come back with more vengeance then they had pre-injury. I've got a handful of friends like that, including one guy who's had a string of bad luck every season and recently broke his vertebrae at a pro/1 race in Trinidad... I think the mental drive to win gets a lot stronger after you go down and get over the initial hump of anxiety and apathy.

My friends dad was about to throw away this vintage peugeot that had been sitting in his garage for years. Cosmetically it is almost perfect. He said I could have it for free if I come take it off his hands, so I did. Stripped it down this weekend and turned it into this. Wish I had some before pictures:

CIMG4167.jpg

My first single speed, as I have always rode with gears, and I have to admit I'm loving it so far.

Nice, One of my bikes is a Peugeot Iseran. Similar story, except got it at a garage sale for $15 and converted it. Peugeot had some tough graphics.

Not my bike, but same frame

Anyone going to the bike film fest? I may be late on convo, but it's in my city next week. Last year was a blast. http://www.bicyclefilmfestival.com/

I'm hoping you're right, Rubbish!! I'm definitely angry about this injury and turning that into some results later on would be nice.

Watching the Giro right now. I'm really hoping that Arashiro can pull off a stage win... that would be wicked.

ArashiroYukiyaS-vi.jpg

IMG_0386%20copy.jpg