bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
me and my boy were going to go to this, but that fool is working late and sjbp goes so ridiculously slow.

25 mile loop though tonight, not too bad.

it was a decent ride....went into the foothills and then out to milpitas.

definitely a slow pace though.

my bottom bracket ended up coming loose, have to do repairs tonight.

Hey guys got a quick pricing question.

So I have a Nishiki Road bike (10 speed) from the 70's, all steel that I put ~200 in repairs into. Its in great riding shape, besides some minor cosmetic rust. Unfortunately, I have to sell it since I'm moving out of the USA, and I was wondering what you think I could get for it. At the very least I'd like to recoup my what I put in for repairs so like $200-250.

Do you think it'll sell?

Sorry I dont have a better pic atm, It's the one in the foreground.

n6150906352074801619894.jpg

Hey guys got a quick pricing question.

So I have a Nishiki Road bike (10 speed) from the 70's, all steel that I put ~200 in repairs into. Its in great riding shape, besides some minor cosmetic rust. Unfortunately, I have to sell it since I'm moving out of the USA, and I was wondering what you think I could get for it. At the very least I'd like to recoup my what I put in for repairs so like $200-250.

Do you think it'll sell?

Sorry I dont have a better pic atm, It's the one in the foreground.

you could probably get what you want if someones into older bikes.

200 wouldnt be unreasonable at all.

Joker, good thing you didn't race Mt. Tabor!

There was a big crash that split the 1/2/3's, and then about 6 laps after that, two Gentle Lover teammates (namely Beardsley) went down right in front of me on some lost traction slip outs. I narrowly avoided that crash and then got off to see if they were all right.

When Beardsley got up, his bike looked like this:

TaborCR10-1605.jpg

In addition to the busted fork, the down tube was crumpled. Speedvagen RIP.

i love this thead; i've learned a bunch of stuff about average dudes road racing

as well as i have enjoyed the occasional "yo im doing this alleycat this weekend" get ignored.

then there's the bmx thread.

but i cant recall anyone ever mention touring..? two weeks from now i'll be taking a 5-day, ~350 mile tour, minneapolis-duluth and coming back with the MS150 (MS society's bike ride fund raiser), but what i'm really pulling for is when i graduate college (whenever that ends up being) my plan is to bike the entirety of the mississippi.

anyone else tour here?

the rig; trek 520 (1986 model frame i want to say), matrix wheel set, deore gruppo, biopace chainrings (i think i'm still getting used to them), bar end shifters, and i'm getting a front rack next week (as well as a set of axiom panniers for the front, i got some old school cannondales for the back)

thoughts?

I've always had a passing interest in touring as long as I've been doing long rides. I guess I'm too roadie'd out to be content with hauling 30+ lb. of shit on the back of my bike and take hills at 5mph, so I'd personally go for credit card touring on less luggage + more cash.

One thing that intrigues me is how touring and winter base training are essentially the same thing - long, slow hours spent in the saddle. I think it'd be rad to go some place warm and just tour day in and day out as opposed to the drudgery of riding slow miles in the rain.

Oofah... I saw him and his slick new ride just before the start. I heard about the crashes in the 1/2/3 field and what I heard was not good. I didn't hear names though. He's a good bike racer but a bit full of himself... cocky. I guess if I was that young and winning a lot I would be a bit of a bitch, too. I'm sure Edge have already sent him a new fork and I would be surprised if Sasha got right on a new frame for him. Maybe though...

Loaded touring is tough but rewarding. Bring only the absolute essentials: every little bit of weight subtracted ads up, especially on long and or steep climbs. Bring a shit ton of water, as well as some kind of nuts, peanut butter, sun screen, etc etc.

Also, do some longer rides before hand, like 50-70 miles. It wont really prepare you physically or mentally, but it might tell you that your handlebar or saddle position is off in a way that a 20-30 mile ride wont. A good multi tool will also come in handy.

• Like 1