bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Yeah... I would get in some 4 hour rides, at least a few. If you're not used to riding your bike for that long and you go and do a long-ass ride... the last forty miles could be brutal. The last ten will make you wish you never learned to ride a bike.

To put it into perspective...

A pro bike racer can do 100 miles in 4 hours-ish

A amateur bike racer can do 100 miles in 5-6 hours-ish

And those are folks who train and race all the time.

If this ride you're going on has many stops throughout with the chance to rest a minute, eat some food and drink some drink... take advantage of each one.

And make sure you are properly outfitted etc.

Saddle sore like a mofo if you arent used to long distance and you are not wearing good riding shorts..

Compton Red and myself are looking to get some mtn.bikes, trying to spend under 1k and get something that will have some longevity. I have a roadbike and a fixed/free, so im a little clueless to mtn.bike scene.

Fyi mostly off road but some touring/pack ride possible too.

Thought you all would have some good suggestions...

I did a 400 mile tour last summer. From southern Washington pretty much to California down the Oregon coast hwy 101. This summer my buddies and I are taking the Amtrak to Glacier Falls National Park, Montana and riding back. Should be around 1,000 miles in total. Touring is a load of fun, pun intended. Feels so weird getting home and riding without gear. Here is the whip I'm bringing on this one:

pics250.jpg

I'm finding I'm struggling on hills recently. I can't quite keep up with the group anymore :(

But I have improved on the tt side a bit. I don't struggle as much anymore leading out or going into the wind.

I've been trying to do intervals recently, but don't have anything regular - occasional 2x20 and some v02max.

I've also put on weight, mainly through cross training for other sports.

So I'm kinda lost training wise now.

With winter hitting I'll probably concentrate on the endurance side, and hit high intensity later on.

Some of the guys are entering road races in the coming months, but no way am I ready for the distance and intensity right now.

Sometimes I wish I took this up a few years earlier.

30-2657-GRY-ANGLE.jpg

i'm looking into getting this. going to throw some titan rims on it, and some gator skin treads / tires... what do you guys think? I'm kind of new to the whole cycling thing, but i'm starting to really dig it. Been biking to buddies houses and around my area for awhile now and considering biking to work to. Need to lose weight and caught almost caught a dwi which helped to motivate me...

And make sure you are properly outfitted etc.

Saddle sore like a mofo if you arent used to long distance and you are not wearing good riding shorts..

Compton Red and myself are looking to get some mtn.bikes, trying to spend under 1k and get something that will have some longevity. I have a roadbike and a fixed/free, so im a little clueless to mtn.bike scene.

Fyi mostly off road but some touring/pack ride possible too.

Thought you all would have some good suggestions...

thanks....

KM4RT... power to weight ratio is kind of what helps one climb faster. The higher your power and the lower your weight the faster, theoretically, you'll climb. I've climbed with guys who weigh more than I do and are about my height and can climb like a mountain goat, which can mean a few things but I think it still falls back to power to weight ratio. If you can lower your weight by doing plenty of long endurance rides over the winter then you should gain your climbing prowess back by Spring. Definitely hold off on high-intensity intervals for a while and concentrate on 20 minute or 30 minute aerobic intervals. Nice Giro shots, BTW.

Go_all_in... I know nothing about those bikes but I'm going to assume it's a decent bike for an entry level road machine. And really, that's all you need.

Mt Hood Cycling Classic starts tomorrow... driving the team support car on the queen stage. Should be interesting.

personally i hate modern motobecanes. just another bought-name pumping out bikes with the hope the old name will hold some value.

it seems like they only make fixies and 29ers. whatever the next 'cool' aspect of bikes is, they will make.

buuuut. for the money the part set up is pretty awesome. you'd almost do alright buying that complete and upgrading your frame and a couple parts in a year or so.

i'm probably gonna seem like an idiot for asking this, but here goes...

i recently decided to restore this old schwinn super spot that had been sitting in my nana's basement for something to do. the only thing i can't get to come apart is the fork and the part that holds the handlebar. i've taken out all of the screws and undone everything on it. any help would be appreciated.

i'm probably gonna seem like an idiot for asking this, but here goes...

i recently decided to restore this old schwinn super spot that had been sitting in my nana's basement for something to do. the only thing i can't get to come apart is the fork and the part that holds the handlebar. i've taken out all of the screws and undone everything on it. any help would be appreciated.

maybe:

http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?5000-Removing-handlebar-stem

Not sure how the hell i managed to do this... but i cracked my rim where the spoke attaches, now i need to get a new rear wheel. But then I may need a new hub etc. shit, this may be a good time to go all out and get the triple I was desperately needing.

I got some deep v's coming this week for my flip flop build....now I need to shell out for the road wheel.

I have shyed away from the motobecane, im going to go with a GT i think...

http://www.performancebike.com/bikes/Product_10052_10551_1027840_-1_1511002_1511000_400328

those triple triangle frames are good, whatever GT has become as a company, the frame design is solid. and the part set up on that is good. (note that that is a 2008 and is sold out, so your price point is probably different.) (also, fuck performance)

Watched stage 1 - Mt Hood Cycling Classic at Mt. Tabor race last night. Love it when pros are in my back yard throwin' down. It was impressive to see how fast they rode uphill. Even my coach chasing down a counter attack, on the steepest part, at top speed. Awesome race. Lots of crashes. Stopped raining about an hour before the race started... but it was still cold. This NW weather is killing me...