bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

question. just looking for some feedback i guess. i bought this old fuji espree(85 i think) the other day for damn cheap and im wondering what i should do with it. all it needs is tires/tubes and a new chain. its pretty much perfect minus a few surface rust spots that are not a problem and being really dirty from sitting in a garage for 10 years. im either going to just buy those few things and keep it as is OR make it into a fixed gear. which will cost a lot more but money isnt an issue here so nevrmind that.. i dont know. no ones really gonna make the decision for me im just curious to see what some of you might think.

yup yup.

question. just looking for some feedback i guess. i bought this old fuji espree(85 i think) the other day for damn cheap and im wondering what i should do with it. all it needs is tires/tubes and a new chain. its pretty much perfect minus a few surface rust spots that are not a problem and being really dirty from sitting in a garage for 10 years. im either going to just buy those few things and keep it as is OR make it into a fixed gear. which will cost a lot more but money isnt an issue here so nevrmind that.. i dont know. no ones really gonna make the decision for me im just curious to see what some of you might think.

yup yup.

Buy tires and tubes and a chain. Its cheaper then converting to fixed, you will need a new hub and lockring/sprocket which will cost a good sum of money.

Buy cheap now, save and buy expensive later. As so far as rust you can just strip and repaint to keep it from spreading. Or use lemon juice and a green scrub pad to get it off, or sometimes some tinfoil works.

Hopefully you are not asking how much the bike you stole is worth...

If you are, then fuck you.

seriously.

fuck bike thieves.

i know a couple.

and have told them they suck dick for doing it.

walking out of a place to find your bike is gone is the worst shit ever. its only happened once when i was a kid. but dude i loved my little kid bmx bike!

fucking assholes.

that was the most vague shit ever. there is more than 1 univega bike in existance. also... its hard to tell you what some shit is worth because to someone it might not be worth a piece of used chewing gum if they have some really top of the line shit and to someone else it might be the shit they dream about at night because they ride a fucking 50lb huffy to work every day.

who fucking knows?

fixed gear on a small budget so far so good...

Hey count chocula, does that frog suit breathe well? All my upper body rain gear keeps me dry from the rain, but wet with my own sweat. I usually end up wearing a wool sweater and some rain pants. Works pretty well, buy now perfect obviously.

I'm having a weird problem with my front derailleur. Its usually fine, but on occasion I can't shift from the smaller to the larger chainring. I've got it adjusted to point that if it goes out any further i lose my chain. It doesn't matter what gear combination I'm in, it just wont move up, even with the cage pushing on the chain all the way. When this happens, the only why i can get it to work is to pull the lever (down tube shifters) up all the way as hard as i can, and then move the rear derailleur (doesn't matter which way). Doesn't seem like the cable is sticking anywhere either. Any ideas?

Been riding and it's been good for morale. The knee is still sore but I'm taking it easy in the hopes of being ready for crit season. An injury suck...

Yea, been watching both the Giro and ToC. Both are equally good for completely different reasons. Tyler is making history over there in Italy!!

Rain riding... well, most of us Northwestern folks have it down to a science. Full SKS fenders with "courtesy" flaps attached to the ends. The flap on the front keeps your feet that much drier and the flap on the back keeps the guy behind you from getting completely covered in road grime. As for gear... most of us just wear normal cycling gear with the exception of some gloves and booties to keep the extremities a little more dry. Both are still going to get wet but having something there keeps them dry for a little while longer. Wearing too much or wearing gear specific to keeping you dry can cause you to sweat way more than you actually would if you just wore normal cycling gear.

"Courtesy" flaps...

I have some of these minus the Bike Hugger stuff. The one on the front hangs so far down that it almost touches the ground. Really nice.

3008564825_6498965d87.jpg

And this is the cheap way to go. All of us have plenty of water bottles laying around... so cut one in half, cut out the bottom and then mount it to the end of both fenders.

Mud%20guard.jpg