bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

The streetfire's a great frame for hard daily use. They use the same tubing on a lot of mountain bikes so it's stiff, strong, and absorbent. You're probably lookin further up the lineup tho for the nutty lugs they have. Haha.

Without going into too much detail i need a fucking medically comfy saddle to accompany this frame I have. Might need to go with a mtb saddle. Any suggestions?

So last night I rode over to my girl's house.. Took me about thirty minutes(which beats the time to take the bus) and felt fairly bad ass about it.. I know thirty minutes ain't shit to none of you, but I did ride full blast which felt good itself..

Then I rode back home today only to understand that the way back is on a slight incline the whole way.. But still I am in better shape than I thought as my legs aren't all blasted to hell.

/notfeelingasbadassoner

• Like 1

re: the college student college price question

college towns often have bike auctions.

call the campus police department and inquire.

there will be a whole lotta rusted up shit

but there may also be a smoking deal mixed in.

i know Indiana has one annually,

and there was rumor at Illinois of a university garage

full of all the scooped up leftover bikes.

never found it though.

Garbage picked a MTN bike yesterday. Pretty excited to have a winter beater. It's nothing special by any means but it'll do.

Count, I've heard great things about BMC. My teacher I ride with has one and he swears by it. Though his frame set was 4K.

Soup, you're looking for a saddle that takes care of certain kind of issues like numbness or what? I just switched over to the Specialized Toupe a while back and it took care of all my riding issues. It's a great saddle.

what up bike people.

recently i found this bike in my moms basement and it hasn't been used since about the 80s or so... i cleaned it up a bit, i still need to get some new tires... but for right now the tires on it are good enough.. here are some flicks of it.

DSCN0535.jpg

DSCN0539.jpg

DSCN0536.jpg

my question is, besides the tires.. do you think i should replace anything else on it?

i'm gonna get a new seat, the one on there now sucks... but when i was hanging out with lil spenty he said i should get a new set of handlebars or whatever you call em on a this type of bike. if needed i can post better shots of different sections of the bike, but what do you guys think?

i live in the city, and ride it a good amount around the city, but not everday and everywhere i need to go.

-blackboatshoes

^^^

pretty much do everything he said. if you don't replace all the cables at least lube everything up. if the gears on it are shot you could convert it to a ss pretty cheaply if the casette on it is a screw on. also, get some steel wool and wd40 and scrub the rust off of the rims, it should come off pretty easily because it just looks like surface rust.

also, i hope you're tall because that frame looks pretty huge, maybe like a 60cm or something?