bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

The Felt is 529$ and the Giant is 600$ I was looking for somewhere in that price range... 600 is the most I want to pay. I have seen others for cheaper, and If I had a bit more I might go with a Swobo Sanchez, but really, I just want a good bike that I can ride, and not have to worry about buying anything aftermarket.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

After some quick research people are complaining about the Giant. They say that it's the same geometry as their road frames and leaves it with a lack-luster handling for a fixed gear. The Felt has a more aggressive frame and is more responsive and from what I noticed, it's lighter. It all depends on what kind of ride you're looking for. The Giant will be more of an easy going type of ride than the Felt.

The Felt is 529$ and the Giant is 600$ I was looking for somewhere in that price range... 600 is the most I want to pay. I have seen others for cheaper, and If I had a bit more I might go with a Swobo Sanchez, but really, I just want a good bike that I can ride, and not have to worry about buying anything aftermarket.

personally, i would go with the felt. but, personally, i've never liked giants anyway, so i guess my opinion is biased. it depends on what type of riding your doing as well. if you're just starting out riding a fixed gear, you could get a mercier kilo (which is a pretty popular choice, and not a bad option for $350 complete.....) and use your leftover money to change out some of the stock parts for nicer ones.

I second the Mercer, and the idea of a few upgrades, but if you want to go with one of the two you listed above then I would go with the Felt. I've made that decision totally based on looks though. The Giant looks like something I would pass over if I were looking for a bike myself.

Yeah, ive ridden fixed before, however, its not for me, I like coasting. All of the bikes that im thinking about come as single speeds, of all the bikes that ive owned that were more than one speed, I typically never used any of the gears once I found a ratio that I liked and was powerful enough to get some speed, and not have my cadence all mad high. I dislike the Giant for the reason of the sloping tube, but everything else on the bike is what I look for, so I was leaning towards that. Once I ride the felt, ill see how it responds and make my decision.

Thanks for all the feedback. Word.

So I'm skipping on fixing my bike this week to go the Dodger's game tomorrow..

I got one tire stolen.. Should I just replace the one or both?

Also what should I be looking to spend?

I mean the bike I have isn't all that, but I also want to have something decent.. I love the fucking bike and can't wait to upgrade.. Blah, blah, blah..

I currently and rocking a pair of pricepoint wheels on my bike. They aren't the best but they're pretty light and roll true for $129. Also my buddy picked up a pair of Shimano 105 wheels on ebay for under 200. He bought each wheel separate but still.

Whats your price range?

Good idea Relapser and yes it is..

I'm also thinking of just taking to my local bike shop to make some face time with guy. As it seems a lot of people suggested this to me before.. I've only been in once before, so I'm thinking it may be a good idea..

Think I'm gonna hunt Craigslist today though as well.

Face time in the shop is definitely important. I know from working at mine the last year the customers I saw on a regular basis that interacted a lot with the shop manager always ended up getting hooked up, just because they were regulars and referred others to come in.

From personal experience, I always hooked up people I saw that came in regularly or just were in a similar demographic (young, broke, and in school) with usually minor problems like a flat/brake adjustment/etc.

Good idea Relapser and yes it is..

I'm also thinking of just taking to my local bike shop to make some face time with guy. As it seems a lot of people suggested this to me before.. I've only been in once before, so I'm thinking it may be a good idea..

Think I'm gonna hunt Craigslist today though as well.

i cant stress facetime enough... theres always a time when you will be in a pinch with no cash and need something done on your bike.

Those are indeed great but do nothing to stop a pinch-flat, which I'm assuming Rubbish is talking about. There's something about running your tubes at 30lbs of pressure and riding over ruts, rocks, roots and gravel that will eventually lead to a pinch-flat. Although, I've heard, running tubular tires ensures that doesn't happen... for the most part.

This may be common knowledge but took me a while to figure out, proper inflation prevents flats. I used to commute on a road bike and once I started pumping up the tires on the way out the door every day the amount of flats I got dramatically decreased.

Im tired of working on motorcycles. I need to start riding bikes again. In laments terms, I've gone from leg pressing 16x45lb plates to 6. All from taking a bit more than a year off real riding. Not looking forward to that either since the Trek needs an overhaul plus new saddle stem etc. Choc you still riding your 1000?