bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

i used to ride that same frame. probably the best 200 dollar frame i've ever ridden. it's super stiff, especially the cro-moly fork and perfect for mashin on bumpy streets.

Super stiff? Nah bro........ you just haven't ridden a stiff bike yet.

I feel like Hesh now... things come full circle I guess.

Joker you racing this weekend or next Wednesday? I'm resolving to do one or the other. I may still be on shitty 50/36 gearing but fuck it. You gonna do B's? Let's race eachother fool! Promise my lactate threshold is shitty (because it is and I've been drinking too many beers) so you'd most likely stomp me into the ground.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

no permanent olympic velodrome for chicago.

its funny that daley, the obamas, and oprah are so chicago

that they figured all they need to do was show up

with that good old chicago clout and they would win it.

i imagine them all in bboy stance in front of the IOC,

then kanye runs out singing chi-city with chris martin on piano.

i mean rio!? do they even have paved roads there?

i kid.

Rubbish... definitely racing on Sunday. I pulled a muscle in the quad area on Tuesday doing some run-up practicing but I'm feeling back to normal now. I'll be in the B's for sure. Doubt I'll be you, I'm just looking to finish!!

Been working with a new coach who has me on a powertap... strangest thing I've ever done. I thought training with a HR monitor was weird, powertap is intense. Way more specific. Kinda cool, kinda difficult.

^ eight inch i think kinda sucks now, since they only carry "their" own parts now.

also ralphy did you get that frame online?

ebay the store is bikeisland

i only went with it cuz they had a good amount of positive feedback so it should work out...

looks like I get the frame on the 7th.

Thanks for all the spots to check out....I would prop you all but im 24d

It finally happened.. My dumb ass didn't hook my bike up right and got my back tire stolen. Best part is I was at a court house in Hollywood.. Just came out talking on my phone and saw the dudes riding off.. But didn't realize what happened until I got to my bike..

Fuuuuuuuuuuuck.. At least I'm totally broke and can't really get shit right now.

nah, there a lot of crusties and drunks that would steal for some beer money. My german friend said that bmx is not poplar for people to get it and also they think that bikes without gears are inefficient and they wouldnt ride it.

That is why when people see my on my little 20 incher they think I must be retarded for riding it

It finally happened.. My dumb ass didn't hook my bike up right and got my back tire stolen. Best part is I was at a court house in Hollywood.. Just came out talking on my phone and saw the dudes riding off.. But didn't realize what happened until I got to my bike..

Fuuuuuuuuuuuck.. At least I'm totally broke and can't really get shit right now.

You got a paypal? I would send you five bucks to help you out.

I am sure if you get like five bucks from everyone on here you can get a little closer to getting a new wheel.

goodSamaritanoner

Wow.. Seriously I appreciate the offer, but I should be good. I got two extra months to pay off the fine I went to court for, so I'm gonna use that money and get all fixed up. I got another beater for now anyways.. For pretty much this very problem.. I spent a bill on it, so if shit happens to that one I won't care as much..

Funny thing is.. I almost caught dudes slipping, but they caught on that I was following them. Shit would've been drop kick city..

steal one form someone else. circle of life.

First lap into the race and I get a flat... about thirty feet after the pit. Fuck if I was going to run the whole course to get a wheel change. Race over. Bummed. Got a crappy call-up anyway.

Man you're lucky you had a bad callup. I was 299 so I had the first callup and flatted both wheels and started rolling the tire off the rim.Had no pit wheels (broke student oner) and just said fuck it after two laps of feeling super unsafe riding. Maybe next week will be better.

So Im going to buy a bike this weekend, wanted to see what you all think about these two, there are other bikes im considering, but these appeal to me, so first up is this one

The Felt Brougham...

12472.png

or

Giant Bowery...

Bowery-MashUp-Grey.jpg

Yay or Nay?

Recommendations would be greatly appreciated...

the felt looks heavy.

the only complaint i've got with the bowery, after selling them for the last year before I quit at my LBS was that the welds on the frame are a little ugly, if they were smooth, say, like a cannondale frame, i'd recommend it no question.

aside from that it's still an awesome bike, solid parts, good warranty, and pretty cheap (around $600-650 right?).

So Im going to buy a bike this weekend, wanted to see what you all think about these two, there are other bikes im considering, but these appeal to me, so first up is this one

The Felt Brougham...

12472.png

or

Giant Bowery...

Bowery-MashUp-Grey.jpg

Yay or Nay?

Recommendations would be greatly appreciated...

what's your price range like?