Automatic or Stick

Guest FUGITIVE

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well, i would deff say stick, the best way to go, who cares about traffic, it comes second nature and isnt really a problem in heavy traffic, its like you arent even doing it, like others say you get a feel for the car a lot more. all around its better, im takin the auto out of my el camino and droppin in a stick, its the best decision ever.....

love the stick shift, but i don't when i'm sitting in bumper to bumper rush hour traffic, my clutch foot always hurt, and i could never eat while driving either, i'd be tossing rice and beans all over the car everytime i shifted.

i hate my automatic but for commuting it's very convenient.

What the hell are you talking about? Of course you can. My friend installs remote starters for a living (among other things) and it’s all manuals, pretty much. Anyway, remote starters are cool, but it’s not good to idle in the winter, thinking it’s the most effective way to warm up the car.

Originally posted by onesecondple

its realy not a question of stick or automatic, its "do i want to be a pussy, or get the manual"

THe only time I disliked my stick was after a concert (the concert got rained out, the parking lot turned to mud, and I got a flat tire!) there was the most mind-numbing traffic jam I had ever been in. Well, long story short it took 2 hours of moving less than a foot at a time to get back to a real road. And driving like that left my leg ready to fucking explode...now if I had an automatic it wouldn't of been shit.

Soooo, unless you're an old woman, or you're stuck in traffic jams a lot

get a fuckin stick.

Archived