Canvas Thread

Harpo Marx

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by GrimeyLife1

She is a good reason why alot of male graff writers hate on females,cuz of shitty attitudes like hers,maybe u should jus stop postin shit on here...or jus stop with the shitty remarks

No. She's a prime example of why people hate most writers. Deaf, dumb, belligerint ego maniacs. Guy writers are the same way. Cant tell them nothin' without them getting an attitude.

that is so very true, when i think of it i always come to one conclusion:its like when you diss someones work and they get all huffy and have a mean attitude, its like theyre thinking how dare they critique my work, its beautiful everyone must love it

once again if anyones gonna get mad , i said thats what I think

Originally posted by Scrabble

No. She's a prime example of why people hate most writers...

She's not a writer. She's an artist who spends her time on message boards.

Anyway, enough bickering about her. She doesn't care what you have to say because she is all that matters. Which means she won't post any more of her work. Which is fine by me.

Kristina,

This is by no means a sarcastic or attitude induced question. I was just wondering if you are even serious, or are you just messing around to ruffle some feathers?

The last time I didn't care about something, I just left it where it was. No second look, nothing.

Think on that.

I hear you and actually fully agree.

But here's my question. If it's about close-mindedness, why did you reply calling me gay and a nerd and whatever the last one was?

That's refuting your own reasoning. I say, if you want some constructive criticism and advice, post your work and sit back. Let people put their thoughts out. Even if someone comes straight out and says you suck, let it sink in, look at your work objectively and see if they are right.

If you dont think they are, post more work. If you do, do work that will shut them up and post it. The objective being, to post more work and feed off of criticism. Let it make you grow, not stunt your growth.

If you think my comments make me gay, or a nerd, that's cool. I know who I am.

Are you an art student by the way?

Anyway, enough bickering about her. She doesn't care what you have to say because she is all that matters. Which means she won't post any more of her work. Which is fine by me.

Agreed. This kid didn't even bother to answer my questions. All of my posts were trying to help her out in some way. Heh, and she's talking about being "closed-minded". :lol:

Paid, fruit? Looks like an unfinished painting of a woman laying in bed, exposing her boo-tay. Hmmm...

bump.

Originally posted by crave

paid- how long did she pose like that? or did you just get up before she did?

Just under 2 hours first sitting. she read a book the whole time.

At this point, I can finish it without her but I plan on having her pose again tommorrow to finish it. ;)

Originally posted by ciste

I hear you and actually fully agree.

But here's my question. If it's about close-mindedness, why did you reply calling me gay and a nerd and whatever the last one was?

That's refuting your own reasoning. I say, if you want some constructive criticism and advice, post your work and sit back. Let people put their thoughts out. Even if someone comes straight out and says you suck, let it sink in, look at your work objectively and see if they are right.

If you dont think they are, post more work. If you do, do work that will shut them up and post it. The objective being, to post more work and feed off of criticism. Let it make you grow, not stunt your growth.

If you think my comments make me gay, or a nerd, that's cool. I know who I am.

Are you an art student by the way?

sorry if i hurt ur feelings& no i'm not an art student i'm a creative writing student

.....is that gold colored leaf or daubed paint?

Your work definitely displays your attitude. Not to sound negetive, but there's something psychotic about it that give's it a shiv like edge. Definitely real although abstract. (ah...the days we live in...)

I'm feelin' the second one. The colors are pleasing..... but there's something definitely unfinished about it or maybe it's just the lack of full canvas coverage.(which I guess don't really mean shit if that's the intent)..

and that also reflects the artist attitude or intent.

Not to hip on the message/subject matter on the first one. (I'm not white so that's not why.)

I't just does'nt seem like a worthy subject to convey through arts, as opposed to the subject matter in your other stuff.

There's my 2 cents. Now let's make out.

Originally posted by kristina

... and personally the only opinion that really matters is my own...

I don't get it. Your opinion is the only one that really matters, right? So why post images of your work in a thread that's up for conversation and critique? You don't care what people think of your work, right? You said so yourself. So why share?

Originally posted by kristina

ruffling feathers is the best when people have close minded minds

You said it.

there, problem solved.

now instead of wasting another thread trying to get some dumb ass know it all 'model/artist/poet/bitch/student/ice cream maker' to understand the meaning of 'constructive criticism', we can spend our time talking to and about people that care what others have to say, and post here because they want to learn/improve.

seeks/game on

i could repaint a joker piece, that doesn't mean i'm as good as joker.

art like that needs to just be accepted if it can't be understood. some of my favorite canvases ever are almost entirely one solid color, to most people that wouldnt be art, but it's what you read into it that makes it 'work'.

uhmm

i did a series of these based on hopi indian artwork in an urban setting wich being best derived as blah blah bla yadda yadda yadda more artsy talk blahblahbleh blah and thats how life is best lived.in moderation

eba00461689f00000004.jpg

eba00461689f00000005.jpg

i used 99cent store water colors

prisma marker blender

some color pencils..crayola i think

one tombow graw marker

two letraset markers... i think for the blues

and black ink i made with xylene,black chalk,butane,grey fabric paint, and a little bit of black krylon.

yea.........an shit

oh yea its canvas cause uh all of them are done on the backs of doral ciggerette signs...the ones you see in gas stations etc,,

yea

http://photos.fotango.com/p/eba00461689f00000006.jpg'>

i've been working with non-drying mediums for a few years now.

mostly with various ink, dyes, alot of denatured alcohol ,xylene,cooking oils and stuff..

uhm this one is covered with two coats of krylon clear satin but underneath will never dry and depending on the humidity and angle its hung the lumps in the semi center move slowly from left to right in the course of 4 months......and its really shiny too:rolleyes: