Canvas Thread

Harpo Marx

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by deceipt

wow! you finally said something i agree with! (if ur saying wut i think ur trying to say) didn't see that one coming......:D

its true bro u can do so much shit with a canvas other than graff, but this has been discussed already

nice wooden canvases i really like those...

^

you're right, canvases are an awesome place to expand new ideas. I mean, if you're really pushing the envelope with graff on a canvas, then by all means have at it. It's just unfortunate that a lot of the graff stuff on canvases sticks to the pre-established model for canvas graffiti. If you want to put a throw on something, make it a building, if you want to put a simple piece on something make it a train, if you want to do graffiti on a canvas make it interesting.

also, thanks, I have a bunch more I'll probably scan soon. They're really small, like 3x7.

some of those orbits kinda remind of something giant did.. as far as the letter structure... mainly the T.s..

actually man now that i look at it all those letters do not seem to original... but who cares what i think...

and whoever said the dimensions were not correct was right..

mainly towards the bottom of your letters...

sorry orbit..<---------- just my opinion..

atleast your clean and hell ive seen alot worse on here man..

Originally posted by SeYnO9

2 Jazztechnic

I get bored of seeing letters on cavases and the entire paint drips and splatter effect which is overly used like those belts with those metal squares......

hahaha i totally agree about the drips and splatter, but, fuck it i had fun with it. oh and i threw away my belt with the metal squares. :)

gaita's stuff was dope. the fish were actually my least favorite...followed by the girl next to the turntables, which looked like a levi's add to me. i like the strippers though. if you could find a way to make it look 15% seedier, and the girls look just a little more desperate and broken, i'd be all over that shit. work on the backgrounds a little bit too. i know they're supposed to be kind of 'bland' (not in a bad way) but i think they could be improved with a little more 'mature' technique (if that makes sense). anyway, stuff was fresh. probably my favorite i've seen in here in a while.

joker,

you're more qualified to speak on this stuff than anyone, and even if you dont think you make sense, trust me, you do. this whole thing could be improved ten fold just by you having more of a presence.