Canvas Thread

Harpo Marx

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by kristina

i like that orange piece ^^ yellow feets if i come off with an idont care attitude i really don't care because everyone is assuming i shit out canvasses in 5 minutes when i dont and personally the only opinion that really matters is my own because i know how i was feeling when i did my canvasses

your kinda irritating me ... you are young, and insecure and it shows like a blinding light in a pitch black room.

When you have the likes of Joker, and Ciste taking time out of their day to give you a bit of help and all you reply with is I DONT CARE. you may as well have spit in their faces and said fuck off !!

You need to grow up and realize the only person who looks bad in this is you. we dont care either .... but we dont throw that around like a child throwing a tantrum when momy wants you to wear a cute little dress.

You may as well be shitting on the canvas and smearing it around ... you have potential to be good, otherwise Joker and Ciste would have not said shit to you. all you have to do is open that mind up and accept some stuff you may not be ready to accept.

last thing ... if all you can do in response to this is say i dont care, or blah blah blah you didnt hear one word of what i said.

i am not attacking you, i dont know anything about you but what you have shared here, seriously if you didnt want attention for your work you woulnt put any effort into showing it off here. and we see it so you do want attention for it, its a bitter pill to swallow but if you take it down now it will help in the long run.

thats my opinion ... and 2 cents rolled into one !!

Originally posted by ERIZENO

your kinda irritating me ... you are young, and insecure and it shows like a blinding light in a pitch black room.

When you have the likes of Joker, and Ciste taking time out of their day to give you a bit of help and all you reply with is I DONT CARE. you may as well have spit in their faces and said fuck off !!

You need to grow up and realize the only person who looks bad in this is you. we dont care either .... but we dont throw that around like a child throwing a tantrum when momy wants you to wear a cute little dress.

You may as well be shitting on the canvas and smearing it around ... you have potential to be good, otherwise Joker and Ciste would have not said shit to you. all you have to do is open that mind up and accept some stuff you may not be ready to accept.

last thing ... if all you can do in response to this is say i dont care, or blah blah blah you didnt hear one word of what i said.

i am not attacking you, i dont know anything about you but what you have shared here, seriously if you didnt want attention for your work you woulnt put any effort into showing it off here. and we see it so you do want attention for it, its a bitter pill to swallow but if you take it down now it will help in the long run.

and another note... don't forget to "Learn it. Know it. Live it."

thanks... have a good day!

thanks all for directing me to Jokers work, its fuckin hot like i assumed

as for anything else about that kristina girl or whatever, you should consider yourself lucky to be given advice by joker, and the others because theyve been in it for a long time (as you can tell by their work) and the fact that everytime someone criticises (sic, sic) your work, your write a long paragraph about how you dont care. advice:go back to your junior highschool art class, listen to the teacher and learn and develop, art is a constant development of skills you were born with, so dont let them go to waste by shitting out canvases (no matter what you say to the contrary) because its just bothersome. as for that last canvas, i consider it absolute pure hotness, havent seen something like that in a while and its quite refreshing.i like the pure messy aspect of it, almsot as tho you were struggling with yourself (hey im a art fag now apparently)

anyways thats my two cents so peace out

Originally posted by ERIZENO

i haven't heard a word you've said, read what you have written maybe. . . and no one has given me any advice, just downgraded my work so i dont know how i can receive advice that wasn't given

yellow feets if i come off with an idont care attitude i really don't care because everyone is assuming i shit out canvasses in 5 minutes when i dont and personally the only opinion that really matters is my own because i know how i was feeling when i did my canvasses

I think I know where your attitude is coming from. It's because everyone shits on your work and you REALLY DID take some time on your canvases. To make a long post short, it seems like you're hurt because of the comments towards you and your work.

no one has given me any advice, just downgraded my work so i dont know how i can receive advice that wasn't given

You gotta be shitting me? Kristina, seriously, how old are you? If you're going to ask the same question towards me, I'm 16.

Bump for more canvas work.

Originally posted by GrimeyLife1

She is a good reason why alot of male graff writers hate on females,cuz of shitty attitudes like hers,maybe u should jus stop postin shit on here...or jus stop with the shitty remarks

i have the shitty attitude??? you're the one giving me orders and cursing at me...

y do u people care that i don't care ...let me be

a99lettername is my aim if anybody wishes to converse about the art/canvas thing going on in this thread, for I would definitely like to. . I roll with nothing but writers and we lack the whole art side.

4 kristina

To let people be is very chaotic, to an extent it is extremely helpful for spitting on conformity and pop-culture( their is many reasons, plus it is a large topic) but some people keep and accumilate traits which are very un-healthy. I will be the first to say that from time to time we all need a small check up. And this my friend takes a lot of humility and zero-arrogance. So with that in mind it is not okay to say

"let me be" if the character flaws re-surface and are pin pointed, you only keep yourself down.

Again I understand and know that your "let me be" speech resembles a script.

Originally posted by SeYnO9

a99lettername is my aim if anybody wishes to converse about the art/canvas thing going on in this thread, for I would definitely like to. . I roll with nothing but writers and we lack the whole art side.

4 kristina

To let people be is very chaotic, to an extent it is extremely helpful for spitting on conformity and pop-culture( their is many reasons, plus it is a large topic) but some people keep and accumilate traits which are very un-healthy. I will be the first to say that from time to time we all need a small check up. And this my friend takes a lot of humility and zero-arrogance. So with that in mind it is not okay to say

"let me be" if the character flaws re-surface and are pin pointed, you only keep yourself down.

Again I understand and know that your "let me be" speech resembles a script.

next time u want to seem all "smart" use spell check and then ask someone to show you your grammatical errors

next time u want to seem all "smart" use spell check and then ask someone to show you your grammatical errors

Perhaps they are grammatical errors but you have some personality errors and flaws, I can easily edit my post and pick up grammar for dummies,which I do own, but do you honestly think i take myself that serious? Could you press an edit button and check yourself? I do not think so. You will not understand me for the 9th time because you do not understand anything directed to you.

Trying to sound smart, how cool. Sorry I do not say I use to could or anything of that nature.

One day, this guy was in my face over some graffiti bullshit, telling me he was a thug ni**a. I thought to myself, I am glad I am not one of those, his speech/thiking was beyond the point of repair. It then occured to me, I shoud have told him i was an educated *****.

againt their go the paragraphs you adore, I forgot WE SHOULD JUST LET YOU BE, atttttack another grammatical flaw like you always do, that way you can focus the attention away from you and show every1 why my grammar makes me a bad person.

CHUCKLES:)

lol u guys need to learn that it's not always necessary to read between the lines. . .words in a forum are not art, you can read them for what they're worth no need to analyze them

Words are manifested in actions, you are your words and your words are your thoughts, your thoughts are what you type and what you type is your psyche. If you do not see this, you should be stripped of those MAGICAL lines which lay between and over your eyes...

Kristina

no1 gave me advice so i don't know what ur talking about

There are quite a few that gave you advice/constructive criticism...

1. "Kristina... your response to my request to care more about your photos and posts drives home the previous thought I had of your work. Rushed. Maybe if you did care, about both your art and your posts you'd make more of an impact. It's not a dis, just an observation. - Joker

2. "yeah i dont feel it either, i know its been said before but it DOES looked rushed, almost as if you only did em to post em up here. for me personally id rather destroy 10 canvases and only come out with one that took me so long because then its real, its not rushed in order to get compliments on the internet for it (and im not saying that you did this but im just saying that that is what i observed at least:no diss or anythign) and those shoes frankly my dear, are fuckin terrible

please discontinue those - The Coroner

3. "Be humble. Ask questions. Think through. Take your time. Explore your possibilities and never ever throw anything away. Trust me on that last one... - Joker"

note: This comment wasn't directed towards you but it'll do you good

4. "Kristina, I dont know if your so defensive because your young, or you lack self-confidence in your work or what, but if you lose that attitude and learn some humility it will go a long way. Lots of people front on here about where they are from, so a simple "Yes, Im really from New York" would possibly open up some positive avenues of communication. Especially with somebody like Joker, who could definitely provide some good insight into your work. Heres some 12 oz etiquette. Come on here, communicate, remember your behind a screen so tough talk and such just makes you lose credibility. There are a bunch of good people in here, who are always up for giving advice. Take it in. Think before you speak. Take your own advice "Learn it. Know it. Live it." - Ciste

========================================

Kristina, maybe these comments came off as blatant and "net fag-ish" but they all meant well. Perhaps the "advice" you were refering to are on the lines of "Maybe you should make the left eye bigger, Her eyebrows are cooked, it would look better if they were aligned correctly, Your stuff would look better if the backgorund on your canvases were simplified, try white" and so on. But keep in mind, this is still a graffiti message board. It would be best if you gave YOURSELF advice. It's always better to learn on your own. By the way, you still did not answer my question about your age. But I can see that you are not going to...

Here's some advice... If you're serious about art, take advantage of New York. They are loads of artshows going on over there. If you work and have money, do yourself a favor and go to some of the shows. Take pictures and "study" artwork from artists you admire. Compare your work to their work. And if possible, try to figure out why you like their work. It'll pay off in the long run. But if you're lazy to go out and such, check these sites out. Tons of different artists with different styles.

1. http://www.designiskinky.net/

2. http://www.replessabandon.com/ra/main.html

3. http://www.braintwisting.com/index2.asp

By the way, that last link isn't in English but if you click on Around the world, there are tons of links. Good shit.

peace

Sorry for the chit chat...

Sorry, here's some shit. Obviously not done by me. I'll post some of my stuff later on. :)

http://www.digitalgravel.com/dgImages/products/BigPic/3244.jpg'>

*This shit crushes. I was about to buy this for my little brother last year (Christmas) but the bitch said it was "too artsy".

http://www.wadestudios.com/uploads/projects/21_image1.jpg'>

*I just saw this right now. :king:

http://www.eneone.com/grafix/550_300_frontimage1.jpg'>

Anyways, bump for more canvas work.

edit*

I just noticed that last one isn't a canvas. Let's just pretend it is though...