Canvas Thread

Harpo Marx

Guest im not witty

its actually from a kinda punk rock anarchist book called days of war nights of love. but im absolutely positive they stole it from another source. someone on here knew what it was a long time ago. but i havent a clue. nor do i know who sam flores is. ill check him out too.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Onecedondple

Cool to know you would be intrested in buying the canvas, the thing is I gave it away, it was a set of two. I have more canvases and i am working on more, if i get to posting you could email me and we could go from there.

Again thanks for being intrested.

Originally posted by ciste

Kristina,

I dont know if your so defensive because your young, or you lack self-confidence in your work or what, but if you lose that attitude and learn some humility it will go a long way.

Lots of people front on here about where they are from, so a simple "Yes, Im really from New York" would possibly open up some positive avenues of communication. Especially with somebody like Joker, who could definitely provide some good insight into your work.

You arent enough of a net fag to care about a blurry photo, but a few posts above you recommended how somebody should resize thier photos for the net. Which is it.

Heres some 12 oz etiquette. Come on here, communicate, remember your behind a screen so tough talk and such just makes you lose credibility. There are a bunch of good people in here, who are always up for giving advice. Take it in. Think before you speak.

Take your own advice "Learn it. Know it. Live it."

i don't know if you care so much because you're gay, a nerd, or take 12 oz way too seriously. i could care less what you think about me since you don't know me.

excuse me for having an "attitude", i didn't know it was possible to hav attitude on the internet, but hey, you learn something new everyday right. it's not my fault i have more balls than u =

Originally posted by kristina

i don't know if you care so much because you're gay, a nerd, or take 12 oz way too seriously. i could care less what you think about me since you don't know me.

excuse me for having an "attitude", i didn't know it was possible to hav attitude on the internet, but hey, you learn something new everyday right. it's not my fault i have more balls than u =

If you "care less" about what he thinks, why even respond? You do not have to thoroughly know a person to understand their psyche but you can make an educated guess or logical assumptions about other people. After all, you are your thoughts and what you are writing is solely your's and no one elses, with that in mind I think you do need to be more humble and not because it would help your persona but rather because it is healthy. It is very possible to have an attitude over a keyboard, for it only transfers your "thoughts". Learn the dennotation of the word and you will realize you have presented yourself and your attitude very badly, because of your bad attitude. And I honestly learned your mind from these last days of your typing.

And to make fun of the kid who is disabled is very horrible and I do not view this as an argument, this is why people have trouble talking about ideas or views because it is not viewed as a discussion. So when the exchange begins the different parties are already in an argumentive stance.

Originally posted by im not witty

its actually from a kinda punk rock anarchist book called days of war nights of love. but im absolutely positive they stole it from another source. someone on here knew what it was a long time ago. but i havent a clue. nor do i know who sam flores is. ill check him out too.

yeah he does a lot of work for upper playground

Originally posted by SeYnO9

If you "care less" about what he thinks, why even respond? You do not have to thoroughly know a person to understand their psyche but you can make an educated guess or logical assumptions about other people. After all, you are your thoughts and what you are writing is solely your's and no one elses, with that in mind I think you do need to be more humble and not because it would help your persona but rather because it is healthy. It is very possible to have an attitude over a keyboard, for it only transfers your "thoughts". Learn the dennotation of the word and you will realize you have presented yourself and your attitude very badly, because of your bad attitude. And I honestly learned your mind from these last days of your typing.

And to make fun of the kid who is disabled is very horrible and I do not view this as an argument, this is why people have trouble talking about ideas or views because it is not viewed as a discussion. So when the exchange begins the different parties are already in an argumentive stance.

must be the best thing ive read on 12oz in a while.....good job bro

Kristina, even though this has been pointed out already, it seems like you really are rushing your work. Most, if not all, look like they were completed in less than an hour. I don't have any knowledge in "The Arts" department, but your canvases look like lame attempts to be "artsy" and/or abstract. Artsy is probably not the best choice of words by the way. Anywho, by artsy, I mean the pictures below.

http://www.thinkmule.com/v2/images/published/crude_magazine0.jpg'>

http://www.thinkmule.com/v2/images/published/adabsurdum.jpg'>

http://www.thinkmule.com/v2/images/published/toggle6.jpg'>

http://www.thinkmule.com/v2/images/published/solosusuki_3.jpg'>

http://www.thinkmule.com/v2/images/published/toggle2_1.jpg'>

^This last one crushes hard. :)

=============================================

http://www.digitalupload.com/datapath/2478f263ea867250ce8fcbfd57c06fe4/24438_p202812.jpg'>

I say out of all of the canvases you posted, this is the only one that caught my attention. It probably has something to do with that right eye. I don't care much for the background and the rest of the facial features. That right eye looks like it actually took some time and effort while everything else looked rushed. Why'd you do that?

I'm guessing that you are tired of looking at (and perhaps doing) realistic portraits and you wanted to try something "different". If you have any realistic canvases and/or drawings, post 'em up. Judging from that right eye alone, you're probably decent. I'm no Van Gogh myself.

=============================================

And about your attitude. It's probably in your best interest to be more open about shit. Like Ciste said, lose that attitude and learn some humility. Most of the responses towards you, including this whole post, were trying to help you in some way. Instead, you came back with comments like "You're gay" and "I don't care"...

peace

Originally posted by kristina

I would like to know what hypothesis you've made about my "psyche" when you're the one writing these long ass replies...if you're going to tell me to learn the meanings of words please learn how to write a correct long ass paragraph

Yo kristina.........

Let's make out .

Originally posted by Dr.Goe

stfu and go THROW YOUR DAMN NIKES AWAY

well she obviously doesn't respond constructive criticism, or anything nice for that matter.

Anyway. I really like this thread. Good discussions, some good work. It makes me want to actually go through with a canvas. I cant tell you how many ideas Ive had...or how many times I've started something and not finished it.

The Coroner, Joker has some of his work at the VERY beginning of this thread. Beginning on page one.

Originally posted by Joker

I had even given thought to opening a thread where kids could post images of their work I and would critique it, redraw it, offer ideas... whatever.

Insanity.

Anywho, bump for canvases. Earlier, I took the time to look through this thread from the beginning. I stopped around the 30-ish mark. I'll resumer later tonight. Very inspirational (for the most part.)

peace

i like that orange piece ^^ yellow feets if i come off with an idont care attitude i really don't care because everyone is assuming i shit out canvasses in 5 minutes when i dont and personally the only opinion that really matters is my own because i know how i was feeling when i did my canvasses