Canvas Thread

Harpo Marx

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest Hustleman

feelin the vibe in here... i have to comment on the "ahh i just threw it together, well i rushed this, uhh i did this last nite in the dark",, if u doin werk on canvas, why not take it serious, take your time, step back every now n then 2 think about where u goin with it, if u get stuck, walk away till u come up with the solution. i know some cats who can just crank work out rapidly, and it comes off for them, but if you have to justify shortcommings or 'halfstepping' on your piece by saying u rushed it, then u shouldve slowed up,,

your time is precious, make it count! unless u want a body of work, that wen looked back on is full of rush jobs that u know in your heart u came up short on

Originally posted by Hustleman

feelin the vibe in here... i have to comment on the "ahh i just threw it together, well i rushed this, uhh i did this last nite in the dark",, if u doin werk on canvas, why not take it serious, take your time, step back every now n then 2 think about where u goin with it, if u get stuck, walk away till u come up with the solution. i know some cats who can just crank work out rapidly, and it comes off for them, but if you have to justify shortcommings or 'halfstepping' on your piece by saying u rushed it, then u shouldve slowed up,,

your time is precious, make it count! unless u want a body of work, that wen looked back on is full of rush jobs that u know in your heart u came up short on

kinda figured sumbody was gonna comment about that. thats the only one i would say i really rushed. cuz like i said i had started sumthing else on that canvas before and it just straight up wasn't coming out right, and a couple days later i got bored one nite and just started messing around with a white-out marker on it. and then just recovered the rest of the canvas with the black. im not one to normally rush things, although im also not the most patient person at the time. but your right i do sumtimes catch myself using the "i did it at nite" or "i was in a rush" excuse every once in a while. i'd say its more because im just not organized. im workin on that tho. that last red one i posted i spent more time on, but i kno im still gonna look at it and find errors to correct. i've already gone back and done two more things to it since i posted it up here, i can see the mistakes better when im lookin at it as a smaller picture on a computer screen

a new one . bring on the hating... hahaa.. and to break it down, i decided to create a floating face. It is made up of different shapes shaded in flat shades and tones of blue. I used orangish and brown tones with washes of browns, blues and greens for the background. my goal here is to not have an overall deep content behind my piece but to explore the spatial relationships between the shapes and create a sense of movement within the space. there i explained myself, now u know why what is where and why i used the colors i used... if u dont like then criticize, but post your own work before u go all jonathan fineberg up in this joint..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v65/rymewon/Canvas.jpg'>