What do you remember most from high school?

Kettiecat

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

grade 9

- being a mediocre student & skating everyday

grade 10

- getting fried & skating everyday, flunking most of my classes. multiple run-ins with the law

- trying most of the textbook drugs for the first time (late bloomer, i know)

- watching a snitch getting a knee to the sack by store security

- watching all the rich g-unit wanksters get demolished in a "gang" fight by real thugs from another area. enjoyable

grade 11

- similiar academic situation

- giving up any hopes of academic success

- more pig trouble

- being ready to run away to vancouver. i had my bag packed & pussied out at the last minute, letting a friend talk me about of it

- emptying out one of the vending machine at school, because the stock man didnt close the front properly

- racking $10 worth of cafeteria food (cheese & chicken burgers/beef patties/drinks/candy/wraps/etc...) for a month straight & being confronted by the lunch lady (she sounded like a dying toad with a hole in its neck). she made me empty out my pockets & i still got away. i yelled at her for embarrassing both of us & accusing me of such things

- sexual tension with my science teacher (i know she felt it too)

grade 12

- barely graduating

- the undo narc who came to my school & tried to buy, but failed horribly

- the overpriced ice cream man who preyed on grade 10s

- fighting my friend & taking a chunk of his gum out

- breaking up bud on my diploma in the park 5 min after recieving it

- my 2 cool art teachers who shared my philosophy about the rich hipster kids our school was infested with

- being a k tard for a good portion of the year & bumping it daily /nh with a candy kid in my life drawing class

- one of my teachers getting fired, being caught with a grade 10 student sitting on his lap at a coffee store patio

*i had to witness eyesore toy wars everytime i went to the bathroom

year 9- avoiding fights with maoris, rap letters. sex. being a smart ass

year 10- doing more rap letters than year 9, stealing everything that wasn't nailed down. more sex. booze. being a smart ass

year 11- more booze, more smartass much more sex, same amount of stealing, slightly less rap letters, getting snitched on. nearly getting expelled after videos of me boxing people ended up on youtube.

year 12- i finish in like 8 weeks. i haven't been expelled yet. i'm the only one to make it to yr 12 in my family.

and to the people i go to school with, i fucking hate you all, you low life, going no where in life drug fuck dead shits, i can't wait to never see any of you again and to stop pretending to be nice to you. i don't want to stay in contact in myspace or anything. just all die in a hole.

I loved and hated high school.

Loved the friends I made and all our inside jokes that every high school has.

Hated some of the teachers and there were times I simply hated going to school. Then I would just start ditching. Felt free going to the beach in the middle of a week in the middle of the day.

I remember in 9th grade, all the writers at school got together and made a plan of waging war against the school, catching as many tags as possible and destroying the school. I remember the boy's bathroom was destroyed from the ceiling to the floor. You walk in there and it was covered. Then they shut the bathroom down as punishment. We'd even make up fake gangs and monikers to hit the school with just to throw the faculty & staff off. Shit was stupid & fun. The school took notice and started mentioning it in the newsletter, and mentioned it at parent-teacher conferences. They caught a couple kids though. They didn't catch me but I could tell they suspected me.

the library was the place everyone chilled at my HS, i did everything i could to piss off the librarians including knocking all the books off shelve and jumping up on a table and dancing and having a 10 minute light saber fight with this kid. i was def a clown.i got kicked out of for months at a time.

this one time when i as a junior, i had this super soaker and was sprayin the freshman on their first week and this one kid slipped and smacked his head maddd hard. it was too funny.

I did this a lot.. Did it in my Metal Shop class.. Then decided it would be a great idea to throw this 3lbs lump of clay into a furnace.. The teacher didn't think it was so great.

I took metal shop for three years. I used to get stoned in the welding booths. It was easy because the ventilators sucked up all the smoke and you wore a mask with your back to the rest of the shop. One day I was reefed out and thought it would be a good idea to draw a big pot leaf with the arc welder. It took a couple electrodes and about ten minutes, and it looked pretty cool...then the teacher saw it and made me spend an hour after school grinding it off along with all the initials and tags in the other booths.

As far as the rest of high school, the first half I was in LA. That was awesome. I managed to do pretty much whatever I wanted and still pass. Then I moved to the Bay and had to go to school in the 'burbs...that was awful. Started ditching, and my grades went to hell...then during winter break of my junior year I stopped going altogether so I ended up at continuation school for senior year. When I was there it was okay, almost like being back in LA. The problem was that the school was way the fuck out in the hills and if I missed the bus that usually meant I missed school unless I got a ride. But there were some good times at continuation school...

-My art teacher was this old beatnik guy named George. He used to get stoned in his car during lunch then hit on all the pregnant Mexican girls. Since he was my last class of the day, I asked him if he'd pass me if I did my homework in his class and he said sure.

-People used to get caught smoking in the bathroom all the time (if you were smart you went up the hill into the bushes). One time, my friend Sean was smoking in the bathroom while taking a leak and the security guard grabbed him by the shoulder when he was at the urinal. Sean got startled so he spun around, punched the narc in the eye and pissed all over his leg and shoes. The security guard got up and was about to swing on him, but Sean was a pretty bad dude and was ready to box and said something to the narc like "Let's go, then." The security guard stopped, thought about it and said "You're expelled" then had to walk to the office with Sean with a wet leg.

-This Russian stoner dude Yozo had a Datsun 510 that he raced. One time he picked me up at the bottom of the hill (I missed the bus) and when we got to the driveway at school he said "hang on," punched it up to about 50 and did a couple of donuts in the parking lot.

-Using the magic dollar trick to clean out the soda and snack machines.

-My history teacher was crazy and would have full on screaming fits in class (which was not good when I was on acid). One day he got sick of people stealing pencils, so he taped strings to all of the pencils and then taped all the strings to his desk. The principal came in, saw that, then took him out in the hall for a chat. I think he took a little break shortly thereafter.

-My friend Tula was this crazy Fijian dude who I think had a really bad case of ADD...he'd do shit like doing all of his schoolwork in gangster tag script or bust into the Running Man in class when the teacher was talking. One day he tried to push a door open by straight arming the glass, except he was on the pull side and he ended up punching out the window. He got suspended for that.

and to the people i go to school with, i fucking hate you all, you low life, going no where in life drug fuck dead shits, i can't wait to never see any of you again and to stop pretending to be nice to you. i don't want to stay in contact in myspace or anything. just all die in a hole.

this.

and also this:

"if you remember it, you werent there"

My old school was absolutely destroyed with graffiti. At least 80% of the active writers aged 14-18 in my city were going there at the time, and we used to just go off. There were fucking fillins in the hallway ha

Wow, we never got that bad. Although there was a famous story from the 80's I read in a graff mag from early legends that went to my school, and they said they broke in to my school at night and did burners in the hallways and against the lockers.

I would see spray can tags on on some of the walls on some of the buildings. But it was mostly markers, streaks, scribes in windows & desks, stickers.

My high school was "art" centered high school so I guess that's why a lot of writers went there.

Academically, not much. Socially, a ton.

Lots of skaters, lots of bboys, and some writers. Raves were also growing in popularity. If you went to high school in LA in the 90s, you most likely went to rave at least once and fried fucking balls.

And of course a lot of chola group photos being traded like baseball cards every week

cholas.jpg

Archived