Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

JAZZ NIGGA

d-town_bomber

Originally posted by Sonik3000

I'm no musician.... Smart's heard me sing.

Yooouuuureee innocent.....whennn yooouuu dreeam..."

He's like Frank Sinatra without all that musical genius baggage... Actually, Sonik is just more honest than me, I'm keeping my examples to the best of the well known...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

"oh brother....

jazz also seems to attract a

whole lotta elitist twerps. "

um seriously.....i dont even really know what to say....i guess that attitude gets the rolled eyes.....:rolleyes:

kaes whats up with that show?

anyone see the hancock show, with that band the new deal?

heh.. ah well smart.. it's been about 5 years since i made any progress in music history... save seeing who was on what record and looking for em on others.. but that doesnt count.

can i join the band too..i can hit kids off w/ samples and wack cutting.. something liek bucksho lefonque... except apollo is dope.

you got a drummer right here.

vince guaraldi, miles, mingus, grant green(favorite guitarist) wes montgomery, stan getz, turrentine, wynton marsalis, brubeck.

ive also been listening to some ragtime and roots as of late. oh brother got me on this roots kick. scott joplin is a must.

i also dig alot of funk. lonnie smith, mandrill......i dunno alot of shit. especially funny rare shit.

---------if anyone has a decent connection and some tunes they wanna trade hit me up on aol im (prophet182).

Guest Andy Capp

i hate wynton marsalis. his brother branford is good, but wynton is just stupid. i remember a few years ago i saw an interview on tv and he was cutting down herbie and a whole bunch of people for what they're doing to jazz. he's a good player but as for him, music could definately do without.

but for some key jazz, i've been rocking some Dave Douglas, Kenny Wheeler and Michael Cain lately. goood shit.

• 5 years later...

I've been listening to a lot of Coltrane lately...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8j_TDoOPnIA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_n-gRS_wdI

I've always liked Dave Brubeck's "Take Five"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDOgYw5-pNs

Also shout out to Thelonius Monk, Sonny Rollins, Miles Davis, Wynton Marsalis, Horace Silver, and other greats that I can't think of right now...