Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

random thots

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Mr. Peanut, Jun 6, 2004.

1. Fist 666

Fist 666 Moderator Crew

Counter is all the All Lives Matter people being very fucking vehement that it is Merry Christmas, NOT happy holidays...

in conclusion, our species is full of shit.

Happy Kwanzaa motherfuckers.

CALIgula likes this.
  2. One Man Banned

One Man Banned Dirty Dozen Crew

Are the All Lives Matter people in that X-mas group? Was not aware. Oh well, what can I say, people are allowing themselves to go to shit. Guess it's best to set your own standards and principles and stick to them, have some integrity for your own self.

Merry Christmas to those who celebrate.

giphy.gif

3. theprotester

theprotester Moderator Crew

Being angry about it is silly but also arguing about why we have a holiday on the 25th of December is being incapable of accepting reality

4. One Man Banned

The reality that he died for your sins?

Almost feel like this is where we get a visit from that religious dude who pops up on here twice a year to make religious threads that go nowhere.

Anyhow, the reality is that a few worldly religions celebrate a holiday about this time of year that oddly have very similar themes that, quite possibly, were stolen from groups that came before them.

Thought that just occurred while typing this- I think Chirstians might be the only ones to wish everyone a Merry Christmas... like no one ever has approached me and randomly wished me Happy Hannukah or Happy Kwanzaa (maybe because Kwanzaa is a recent invention no one knows what the fuck to do with?)

Anyhow, hope you didn't think I'm enraged by the act, it can be annoying, and/or amusing.

5. theprotester

The biblical relevance is quite,well, irrelevant. The fact is you have a holiday because it's Christmas.

You don't have a holiday because your forefathers thought December would be a nice time for a break.

If you go to the countries where those other religious holidays are actually the culture on which the society was built you might find yourself swept up in the celebration or observation of the relevant significant dates.

6. theprotester

Also I don't think he died at Christmas but it's been a fucking long time since I was at school and they made us religion

7. One Man Banned

There's a holiday in/around December for a couple religions. Not because it's Christmas, and not because it was Jesus' birfday either since those other religions aren't celebrating Big J and his accomplishments.

Also didn't say I didn't have a holiday this season, just commented on how some people treat their holiday like it's everybody's.

I have been to other countries where the religion was very old and the beliefs/practices wholly unfamiliar to me at the time. Pretty powerful/moving experience to step into an anient temple or such to say the least. But- for me, much easier to be swept up in something like that vs Christianity, which has really been directly and indirectly thrown in the face for so long as to be souring.

8. theprotester

9. BillysBadFurDay

BillysBadFurDay New Jack

10. Fist 666

Fist 666 Moderator Crew

I bet you have some riveting views on social progress.

11. Hua Guofang

Hua Guofang Dirty Dozen Crew

Do the terms liberal and conservative even have meaning anymore?

12. Fist 666

Fist 666 Moderator Crew

liberal=i think gays are people
    conservative=i think guns are people

13. One Man Banned

Interesting take, with one you might get a dick in your back, with the other, a bullet.

14. Fist 666

Fist 666 Moderator Crew

I think gays and guns are people so I'm in for a helluva party.

15. Mercer

Mercer Moderator Crew

If you think driving with your hazard lights on will remind the rest of us we're in a blizzard, I can guarantee 100% of us already knew that. Let us know something useful with those blinkers, like when you're about to change lanes, or turn.