Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

graffiti invading video games...

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by misteraven, Jan 24, 2005.

1. misteraven

misteraven Administrator

2. Telo

Telo Elite Member

Yeah im not a big fan of it..

3. dojafx

dojafx Member

i remember playing counter strike and it was in this train yard and there were some nice throwies on the cars
    i'm going to be undecided at this point wheather or not its a good thing

4. vyper-

vyper- New Jack

shouldnt this be in third rail?

just kidding

5. GnomeToys

GnomeToys Elite Member

6. The Leader

The Leader Senior Member

Counter-Strike source has a lot of graffiti in it. Stuff that looks even more like graffiti than what you posted. Hell, the first Counterstrike has an erupto hollow on a train, this game was made in 1998. Driver (Playstation) had graffiti in it. I think it was just by one writer though. That retarded ass rollerblading game for the DreamCast. And of course the coming up "Getting Up" by marc ecko.

I think a graffiti game would be much better executed if it was more of a sneaky stalker type game. Like Manhunt for instance. In Manhunt you have to walk around being as silent as possible to kill a bunch of people. I think it would be very easy to execute that gameplay in a graffiti game, especially seeing as how it would be much more realistic.. I mean sure, we've all done backflips off of subway trains after doing a simple.. but a backpack that holds your spray cans on the outside? PSSSH.

*edit, I forgot about GTA:SA and the graffiti missions as well. It was bound to happen. I guess I was the only one who saw it coming and just learned to accept it before it actually came. You can't tell me you didn't see this happening.

7. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

8. Yellow Feets

Yellow Feets Senior Member

^That's sort of nice...

Graffiti in games, doesn't bother me.

9. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

I've always wondered what you got, if anything, for your contribution to Driver.

Anyway, graffiti in videogames is essential. After all, these makers are often going for realism, if not simply for a certain atmosphere. Max Payne, for instance, really used graffiti to convey the dark image of the underworld in which the story was set.

As a matter of fact, when a game is set in an urban setting, it is one of the first things I look for. Some games simply put some nonsense scribbling on the walls, but I give respect to the developer if the graffiti is real, so to speak.

10. Safe Fun

Safe Fun Member

grand theft auto vice city and 3 both had rebel in them.

11. tokerSAF

tokerSAF New Jack

in tony hawk three at the beach theres a tko

12. trackstand

trackstand Senior Member

Would that be MARK NSF?

13. Jackson

Jackson Veteran Member

THUG had twist and amaze tags in it.

14. SteveAustin

SteveAustin Veteran Member

all part of the general trend towards the most realistic environment possible.

15. fatbastard

fatbastard Elite Member

Last year sometime when they were doing the settings in tony hawk underground, one of the guys who was involved in making the sneak attack series got an email asking if he knew anyone who would like to submit photos of they're graffiti to be featured in the game...

That guy posted the email and the ladies email address somewhere in thirdrail/the yard.