graffiti invading video games...

misteraven

haze got 200 beans from hershey's? what a fool, that's all i can say. the man has his own clothing label and shit, fuck a $200 hershey cheque. he can afford to flip em the bird if they're not going to give him what the job is worth. a graphic designer they employ to do exactly the same thing would be paid thousands, settling for less is fucking retarded. i've been paid more than that by public schools to paint legals, and everyone knows how little money the education system has to throw around.

if it's between getting ripped off or getting nothing at all, i'd rather get nothing. maybe that's just me, but i'm not about to be used and abused by no man.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

graffiti in video games doesn't bother me. In fact, it's making the games MORE interesting. Call it "selling out" or what you want, but i dig it. In games like max payne i'd stop playing and just look at the graff up close. kinda neat i guess.

that mark ecko game looks kinda cool. that doesn't bother me either. allthough we all realize what that game will bring to the sport, culture, whatever you wanna call it.

...same thing as how after "the fast and the furious" came out, there were suddenly millions of people "tricking out" their phat super dope economy cars with aluminum wings.

Graffiti I've noticed in video games-

Counter Strike- Erupto

Toe Jam & Earl for XBOX- Cycle, Dug, Deen, and Jase (if my memory serves me correctly). It was kinda funny because some of the pieces they used I had seen in person, and they put them upside down in spots and backwards and shit... I guess they probably thought no one would notice...

Originally posted by heavyLox@Feb 10 2005, 12:00 AM

I could choose me as a character and str8 play myself son.

There are tons of generic 3d game engines available. Gliks with you back ground in Nuclear Physic, this is right up your alley, to the left.

Electrical Field = Change of Volts divided by the Change of position of specific points on the voltage lines.

AKA Kiwi Mops are mad ill.

Ok on the serious tip, here are some of my ideas.

An online game set up with various servers, aka large cities.

You develop skill points by spending time hitting the books, and etc. Which translates into a certain amount of real-time, (If anyone has played Final Fantasy XI, this is similar to fishing etc.)

After you develop your skills you can take it to the streets to get more experience.

Have a choice of marker tags, can tags, hollows, fillins, simples, pieces.

Each one takes a certain amount of time and skill.

Go over kids, explore to find the best spots.

Avoid cops, VS, pedestrians, the whole nine.

I can dig Glik's idea.^^

Originally posted by Hokus@Feb 8 2005, 03:38 PM

i think grand theft auto would be kinda cool if you could do free writing ya know, like make your own bombs and shit..and be able to spray em like..jet grind future or what ever the fuck

I agree. That was one of the features I was disappointed with - that you could only tag in predesignated spots across the city.

im tending to side with heavylox's thinking here.

i mean, like someone said earlier, there will always be someone willing to do it for free...so why dont you take your chance to take the fame which comes from having your tag or piece in a game? you dont get paid (in the majority) to do the graff that you do - its illegal.

im sure that if you got contacted about putting something into a game you could blag yourself something. you wouldnt come out of th deal empty handed. slide in a few comments of how you love *said company* and their games, so blag a goody bag. then ebay it and make loot.

Hold up. Video games are just like movies, so let's put it this way:

If you're at the theatre with your girl and see a fill-in of yours (among other things) in the background of a fight between two guys in a back alley, you would try to get a hold of the producer and get paid?

Fuck that. Like hlox said, I'd be laughing it up and maybe even putting the dvd on freeze for a couple of seconds to satisfty my vanity.

Originally posted by Weapon X@Feb 10 2005, 01:36 PM

If you're at the theatre with your girl and see a fill-in of yours (among other things) in the background of a fight between two guys in a back alley, you would try to get a hold of the producer and get paid?

wait...... could that ever actually happen?

and I still havent watched the damn movie.

mostly because that guido Shawn Desmond is in it.

Originally posted by <KEY3>+Feb 10 2005, 11:39 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (<KEY3> - Feb 10 2005, 11:39 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Weapon X@Feb 10 2005, 01:36 PM

wait...... could that ever actually happen?

and I still havent watched the damn movie.

mostly because that guido Shawn Desmond is in it.

[/b]

sp3007.jpg

Story:

Video game company emails me and says they wanna use some walls and stuff I did in a forthcoming game.

Now I don't play video games, see, I read books and get advanced degrees from Harvard instead, so I say "what's in it for me?"

They say "we give you credit, we don't have a budget for these things." I say "that's cool and all that but I'm not really falling all over myself to be in a video game." They say "give us a minute and we can see what we can do."

They call back with a dollar figure and get a contract to me, and I am waiting to see how it looks when it comes out. I am pretty sure that it will look good, because these things seem to look good, but if it doesn't look good, it isn't a big deal to me. But I bet it will look cool.

The way I see it, I took my girlfriend to the Virgin Islands this winter off residuals I earned for some illegal pieces I did a while back. I ain't mad.

i have considered this before..if you have spent the time to earn the rep/respect/cred to get your shit into a movie or video or game, then why not take advantage of it?

i think it's cool to see people earning off their talents, especially when those it involves something on the fringe, like graffiti..

or the virginislands...