The question and answer thread

Curious how this goes. Here’s how it works… 

You @ a member ask a question that you’re curious about. That person, quotes your reply, answers and then follow up with a question for that or any other member by @‘ing them and so on. 

you can launch multiple questions if you’d like, but might be helpful to ask as separate posts to keep the thread a little easier to follow. 

Let’s see how this unfolds. 

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
3 hours ago, misteraven said:

@MESTHREE since you lived in Maine for a while, did you ever catch up with @Cracked Ass?

We did cross paths once! When I first got there I was managing an art supply store. We were one of very few places who sold fancy spray paint so lots of writers came in. I mostly had no idea who was who though. I didn't paint a single time in the decade I lived there. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ndv said:

@mr.yuck No, you?

Yes. I was driving home from dinner one night and a car pulled up next to me. The guy is staring wildly into my car and starts rolling his window down. I roll my window down in return ready for action and this dude starts yelling "CYBERCAR! CYBERCAR! HOW COOL IS THAT? CYBERCAR!" As a CYBERCAR turns the corner in front of us.

Is this some sort of new trend I'm not down with?

• LOL! 2

2 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

Yes. I was driving home from dinner one night and a car pulled up next to me. The guy is staring wildly into my car and starts rolling his window down. I roll my window down in return ready for action and this dude starts yelling "CYBERCAR! CYBERCAR! HOW COOL IS THAT? CYBERCAR!" As a CYBERCAR turns the corner in front of us.

Sure sounds like some shit @ndvwould do.

• Truth 1
  • LOL! 1

On 4/14/2024 at 1:21 PM, KILZ FILLZ said:

@NightmareOnElmStreetany tips on beat matching ?

So, it took me many many years of on and off again trying to start to have success matching beats. I am still at novice stage but what really helped me have a breakthrough was when ever I listened to music I would focus on the timing of the snare. I would bounce my hand to the beat and pretend release the record on the snare. That practice really helped tune me into the timing and the release. From their practice training your ear to hear the two beats separately when you are listening to them at the same time. That is really challenging. For me, it was a lot of standing there focusing and starting and stopping records with my hands to isolate each one and practicing releasing one snare in synched with the records snared. Then start messing with tempo and bringing them closer together until you can get that match.

3 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

I would have paid money (not a lot) to have seen this go down. @mr.yuckthinks he about to lay down a verbal fade on some Florida nerd only to bare witness to CYBERCAR and then wonder if he had an @ndvencounter……vast.

Was CYBERCAR dude even trying to converse with you about CYBERCARS? Or he just wanted to tell the world?

• Truth 1

On 4/14/2024 at 3:32 PM, MESTHREE said:

@misteravenyou keep chickens right? What breeds? I got into breeding some rare types in my previous life. I loved those dumb birds. 

I raise a lot of standard breeds like leghorn, Buff Orbington, Rhode Island Red, as well as a lot of Easter Eggers and couple of Cuckoo Morans. Mainly productive laying breeds that are good with cold weather. Also a few ducks… Indian Runners and Khaki Campbell and two domestic turkeys. 

• Like 3

On 4/14/2024 at 9:33 PM, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

4 counts and pitch control. And bpm’s in general. like that you think I’m good at real dj’ing lolol. Trust me I’m not. 

@KILZ FILLZdid you even get a new mixer yet you jabroni 

**didn’t realize this was a new thread. 

Ya mon! I scooped a used Allen & Heath Xone23 from Guitar Center about a week and a half ago!

• Like 1

On 4/15/2024 at 8:24 PM, LUGR said:

So, it took me many many years of on and off again trying to start to have success matching beats. I am still at novice stage but what really helped me have a breakthrough was when ever I listened to music I would focus on the timing of the snare. I would bounce my hand to the beat and pretend release the record on the snare. That practice really helped tune me into the timing and the release. From their practice training your ear to hear the two beats separately when you are listening to them at the same time. That is really challenging. For me, it was a lot of standing there focusing and starting and stopping records with my hands to isolate each one and practicing releasing one snare in synched with the records snared. Then start messing with tempo and bringing them closer together until you can get that match.

Merci

2 hours ago, fat ralphy said:

Shit I never read the initial post to start so I fucked up the thread earlier.....here goes:

Yo @T4M*how did you learn photoshop? You always come mad quick with the skills. 

My first influence was a program called Kid Pix Studio. Anytime I had the chance to use it at the school, I would do so and draw sick Ks.

Screenshot_20230430_074900_Firefox.thumb.jpg.f7617ae9dfb165448d98d9591fa51da1.jpg.5e0019677d58d76138817a1e9ddd1b51.jpg

Later on, moved on to MS Paint, Photoshop 6, and than Photoshop CS.  Took photography and photoshop classes in college. Now I have Pens to speed up the process. Took years to pay off student debt, learned the craft, just so I can do this:

swaemom.jpg.7c577680e5b90e16f83ce3600d13fce8.jpg

Where the hoes at @fat ralphy ?

Edited by T4M*
  • Props 2
  • LOL! 4

2 hours ago, T4M* said:

My first influence was a program called Kid Pix Studio. Anytime I had the chance to use it at the school, I would do so and draw sick Ks.

Screenshot_20230430_074900_Firefox.thumb.jpg.f7617ae9dfb165448d98d9591fa51da1.jpg.5e0019677d58d76138817a1e9ddd1b51.jpg

Later on, moved on to MS Paint, Photoshop 6, and than Photoshop CS.  Took photography and photoshop classes in college. Now I have Pens to speed up the process. Took years to pay off student debt, learned the craft, just so I can do this:

swaemom.jpg.7c577680e5b90e16f83ce3600d13fce8.jpg

Where the hoes at @fat ralphy ?

I remember Kid Pix from 4th grade! That was the shit! 90’s Memories thread.

Igloo background on dat K is next level sik!

2 hours ago, T4M* said:

Later on, moved on to MS Paint, Photoshop 6

My first version of Photoshop was 2.5. Came on like 10 floppy disks. I still have it somewhere. If I recall correctly, I ran it off an Apple Quadra 840 AV at school.

• Like 2
  • Props 1

I am not Canadian but I have family there. My brother in law had brain cancer, the treatments he received included 3 brain surgeries and associated chemotherapies etc over the course of about five years. They successfully extended his life long enough for him to see both his kids graduate high school before he passed away.  He was and his wife were scientists and had no real complaints about the care.

With all of the visits and everything else the only expense they paid out of pocket was for parking on the day's of surgery, I think like 11 cad pesos per visit, so like 33 bucks total or something. 

• Like 1
  • Truth 1