This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
16 hours ago, cancelculttourist said:

Soo chiggers, can't stand them, but seems like Everytime I go out adventuring in the summer I end up having to rewash all my clothes and slow soak me and my lil mate in iodine, does anyone have any solutions to not get them in the first place and chigger preventative maintenance?

I don't, as I am not sure if this will for certain help, but I do know incects do not like peppermint.  

You can start washing with Dr. Bonners Perppermint Soap.  I do not dilute as I prefer it in it concentrate form.  Mosquitoes don't mess with me, this is one thing I can back up about peppermint soap.  The peppermint the better. 

Other than that. There is this until @One Man Banned steps in as he may know something. 

10 hours ago, ndv said:

I don't, as I am not sure if this will for certain help, but I do know incects do not like peppermint.  

You can start washing with Dr. Bonners Perppermint Soap.  I do not dilute as I prefer it in it concentrate form.  Mosquitoes don't mess with me, this is one thing I can back up about peppermint soap.  The peppermint the better. 

Other than that. There is this until @One Man Banned steps in as he may know something. 

Only thing OMB needs to step in for is to say fuck all of you hard R using motherfuckers.  For those still living under a rock, chiggas is the only acceptable spelling/pronunciation, got that?!

Permethrin on clothing is all I use.  It's also the active ingredient in the topical flea/tick treatment for dogs.  In 20 years they'll say it causes your wang to shrink and fall off, but for now it's one of the 'safer' methods.

In general I support Dr. Bronner's Peppermint Soap for multiple reasons not related to bugs.  I've endorsed them on here before and have debated mentioning the name this season.  It's especially great in the heat, it really makes your undercarriage tingle and feel minty fresh as you step out the shower.  Recommended for your male or female parts or whatever combination you've got.  If you polish your wang with it before your girl hawk tuah's on it, it'll be like giving her a peppermint stick.

• Like 1
  • Truth 1
  • LOL! 2

• 3 weeks later...

IMG_8548.jpg.103d3be776a2a16449eb4e42696816e6.jpg

these guys are multiplying heavily around a disabled housing complex near my house.

big wide gardens nobody can to get them.

starting to appear on the street.

wish I had a BB gun they have no place in australian environment.

IMG_8552.thumb.jpg.20ff06d92ec7513e48e89b1635648790.jpg

has a big place in australian environment

IMG_8549.jpg.4d5ee6481f0362dbabf2299f6f4d2c1b.jpgIMG_8550.jpg.ce7effec82309a4aa0f08648b60e6950.jpgIMG_8551.jpg.e9760e45217b0a83c4b97df9d1ea4084.jpg

• Like 4
  • Props 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/31/2024 at 8:26 PM, Schnitzel said:

these guys are multiplying heavily around a disabled housing complex near my house.

big wide gardens nobody can to get them.

starting to appear on the street.

wish I had a BB gun they have no place in australian environment.

Are those cotton tails??

Is the housing complex disabled or the people inside it are?

@One Man Banneddefinitely the residents.

They have accomodation there and in the mornings they walk down to a factory that employs them en masse.

Then walk back up after work. A lot of older down syndrome people/ cerebal palsy people whose parents might have passed on or that wanted some independence.

not sure what breed of rabbits - actually it is clear some were abandoned pets so could be.

they dont belong here and they outcompete native animals.

Fuck Thomas Austin who single handedly introduced one of our worst feral animals

In October 1859, he introduced 24 breeding rabbits (Oryctolagus cuniculus) on his estate as game for shooting parties.[5] While other settlers praised his efforts at the time, he has borne the brunt of blame for introducing this pest to Australia.[6] In 2022, a study of genomic data confirmed Australia's feral rabbit population was entirely descended from the rabbits introduced by Austin.[7][8]

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

Walking dog this morning this little guy was curled up on a driveway.

I was lucky the dog was on the short lead.

PHOTO-2024-09-26-10-58-35.thumb.jpg.0d4c92f679046c5757de07e6f924d6de.jpg

Baby Ringtail Possum.

Put it in my cap then rolled the whole thing in my sweater and took him to the vet's.

The nurse picked it up straight and shoved it in her bra to warm it up which made me feel guilty i didn't put it closer to my skin.

PHOTO-2024-09-26-10-58-362.thumb.jpg.6e45fb15f34d8efa84a13f3a85e988be.jpg

waited around for a bit and she told me it was stabilised and fauna rs=ecue got some details to try bring it back to it's mother. who will be looking for it.

PHOTO-2024-09-26-10-58-36.thumb.jpg.c0473b4da45d9080d54339511c850267.jpg

Little fella weighs 4.5 ounces

• Like 1
  • Truth 1
  • Props 3

14 hours ago, One Man Banned said:

Thought that line was going to end with you wishing she had put you in her bra to warm up

Kind of went without saying didnt it?

big ol' floppy natties - it's warm and (ever so slightly) damp in there

10 hours ago, LUGR said:

yeah, was thinking that or wishing he had shoved it down his pants

tried to find a gerbil joke but not enough time

• LOL! 1