Any Question Answered

Deine Mudder

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
On 4/26/2023 at 10:27 PM, Tails0nE said:

Quick Google search pulled this up from like two days ago  🤷🏽‍♂️

https://screenrant.com/district-10-movie-updates-neill-blomkamp-development-problem/

TLDR; Actor from district 9 said him and the director talk about a sequel all the time and "maybe" after his new movie he's working on, a film adaptation of the video game "Gran Turismo", they might get the ball rolling..

So who knows really.. Also who the fuck asked for a Gran Turismo movie...?

With how popular Drive to Survive made F1 in North America this makes a lot of sense imo.  Also there is like 15 F&F movies, the people like them some vroom vroom. 

• Truth 1

2 hours ago, One Man Banned said:

Pot.

A pot.

Pot of glizzies.

Pot of chicken feet.

A bowl of ramen.

A bag of McDonalds hamburgers.

I have an aunt who always shows up to pot lucks with a pot of micro glizzies covered in BBQ sauce. She calls them Lil ‘Smokies.

• Truth 1

3 hours ago, fat ralphy said:

@LUGRthose are fire - I can tell off top that Aunt of yours is probably pretty rad. 

Anyone else feeling burnt out?

She is cool, can be a bit much at times.

Definitely feel a bit burnt lately, figured it was just the start of mid life crisis.

On 4/30/2023 at 10:26 AM, metronome said:

With how popular Drive to Survive made F1 in North America this makes a lot of sense imo.  Also there is like 15 F&F movies, the people like them some vroom vroom. 

Those F&F movies are so played out I'm surprised that they're still making money.. I just seen part of the trailer for Gran Turismo and it's a more plausible story line than I would've thought it'd be..

On 4/30/2023 at 12:23 PM, fat ralphy said:

@LUGR

Anyone else feeling burnt out?

Unfortunately for the longest now from many fucking things.. I've noticed to the point where it's affecting my motivation and energy to do the creative things I've been meaning to do but I'm currently trying to switch things up to try and get out of this negative rut I guess you could call it.. maybe I just need a vacation too who knows.. 🤷🏽‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Truth 2

@Tails0nE yeah dude - mine is similar as it is from all ends, work, family, finances etc

i have a week off in June but thats not much. I think maybe I need to start to regulate how much energy i put into things to avoid burning out.

I tend to try and be 100% with 100% of the things I do - then I am hard on myself when I do not live up to every expectation I create. 

13 hours ago, Tails0nE said:

Those F&F movies are so played out I'm surprised that they're still making money.. I just seen part of the trailer for Gran Turismo and it's a more plausible story line than I would've thought it'd be..

I just read that Neil Blomkamp (District 9) is the guy who made Gran Turismo so I have some faith its going to be awesome here. 

• Like 1

@metronomeyeah I think it'll be good overall not only with the plot but with him taking control as well.. in that same article I posted it was saying something about him being considered a "cursed/failed director" mainly because his movies don't destroy the box office numbers but he does have a solid following and lots of praise still for the movies he has made like D9, Chappie and others.. hopefully this Gran Turismo does good box office wise so the possibility of that district 9 sequel can pick up some steam again.. 

Looking to get a car soon and was thinking about leasing one that'll last me a while.. something sort of daily driver but to get me to Indiana and back every other weekend for my son.. any car guys got any advice to leasing a car and which ones are solid choices or which cars to avoid?

• Props 1

Leasing may not be your best bet for the purpose you are describing.   With that being said I also do not know what the total miles are going to be from A to B as a round trip.   But what I understand from leasing is that most leasing deals have clauses in the contracts we're if you exceed the milage limits then you pay your lease plus some.   If curb appeal doesn't matter to you too much. Then I would look at a sed Honda or Toyota for the reliability and purpose of use.  That's pretty much all I have for advice at this point.  I hop you find something good regardless of your decision. 

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

21 hours ago, ndv said:

Leasing may not be your best bet for the purpose you are describing.   With that being said I also do not know what the total miles are going to be from A to B as a round trip.   But what I understand from leasing is that most leasing deals have clauses in the contracts we're if you exceed the milage limits then you pay your lease plus some.   If curb appeal doesn't matter to you too much. Then I would look at a sed Honda or Toyota for the reliability and purpose of use.  That's pretty much all I have for advice at this point.  I hop you find something good regardless of your decision. 

Much appreciated my dude.. yeah I was looking for Hondas but I've seen a lot of VW jettas and Passats show up for a decent amount some with surprisingly low mileage too.. idk after talking with fam they were kinda saying find something not super expensive you could throw down like half on and pay the other half off with the monthly payments instead of going for broke on a lil beater plus I guess it should help out with my credit so I've just been browsing for now till I can figure out the best route to go.. definitely wanna try and make it happen sooner than later just so I can be able to move around easier and hopefully get out of this living situation I'm in but at the same time I'm not in a huge rush to do so..