Facebook knows that its platform causes harm, often in ways only the company fully understands.

misteraven

Special investigation via the Wall Street Journal: https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-facebook-files-11631713039?

Facebook Inc. knows, in acute detail, that its platforms are riddled with flaws that cause harm, often in ways only the company fully understands. That is the central finding of a Wall Street Journal series, based on a review of internal Facebook documents, including research reports, online employee discussions and drafts of presentations to senior management.

NY Times follow up article: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/17/business/dealbook/facebook-files-whistleblower.html

We've been discussing this for ages, but nice to see some MSM finally coming around to doing the responsible thin g and serving the public. For reference, be sure and check out...

Weigh In: Has the social media revolution devolved conversation?

Link: https://forum.12ozprophet.com/topic/86519-weigh-in-has-the-social-media-revolution-devolved-conversation

Your data, privacy, surveillance and Social Media

Link: https://forum.12ozprophet.com/topic/88006-your-data-privacy-surveillance-and-social-media/?tab=comments#comment-6340856

DealBook What Facebook knows.jpeg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Personally think this makes no difference to anyone who uses facebook and IG regularly. They'll put up with Zuckerpimp bitch slapping the shit out of them, in the face, with freckled his cock, disrespectfully in public. Why? Because he's providing them with a way to earn those sweet, sweet social media likes.

An entire nation, or rather an entire planet of useless fucking addicts. Calling for the government to intervene, help them, but no too much though. Meanwhile they're passing on accomplishing great things IRL, because it's much easier to get the same amount of dopamine for posting something amazing online. Same people bitch are bitching about they just can't get ahead in life. The very definition of fake, fugazi, and totally fucking pathetic.

Get some help.

Since my dad retired he has found Facebook after I told him he doesn’t need that shit in his life. I think he uses it as a form of entertainment to keep tabs on my cousins psycho dark web babblings and my other cousins psych religious babblings. Either way he has said he finds himself checking it more and more often, sometimes just 10 minutes after logging off. Shits fucked.

Mental health issues aside, FB has real problems with real world things like helping perpetuate genocide.  I was reading yesterday or the day before about how cartels had IG pages and FB groups that would go for months at a time without even being looked at by FB despite having tons of pics of beheadings etc being used for intimidation and strong arming.

All because some nerd and his friends wanted a way to creep on campus girls.  Zuck should probably be tried in the Hague one day. 

• Like 3
  • Truth 2

I mean, all of that shit was easily accessible through the internet long before Facebook…

The “chans”, Reddit, Limewire.. 

Even here back in the day exposed me to visuals that are equally as horrible. 

edit: Facebook can still suck my balls though. Had that shit for like 3 months and got rid of it. Dont want it, dont need it. 

Edited by abrasivesaint
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, Dark_Knight said:

I don’t smoke cigs but I used to. Cigs indoors hit different. 

I quit smoking too, and sometimes I still just lite one up indoors that I don't hit myself. I just let it burn all the way in an ashtray for my family and I to breath because I like the edgy feeling it gives me when I'm tempting death to come take me in a slow, painful manner. 

• LOL! 2

I like the addiction parallels being drawn in here.

Imagine if everyone that swears facebook, and their apps are harmful just stopped using it.

Instead, seems like the people complaining about FB uses it the most, unaware of self control.

"No, it can't possibly be a result of these profit driven companies serving up what we respond to the best."

"My own personal freedom to brows whatever I like makes me feel too uncomfortable."

"We need the government to step in and regulate the internet in detail."

These are nanny state thought patterns, several rungs below beta vibes.

Edited by Mercer
  • LOL! 1

It's amazing how much more attention span you have for your family, friends, and community when you're not stuck on your phone hoping to find something in the sea of shit that is half engaging. Soon you lower your standards to being engaged by less and less mentally stimulating content. In the "right hands" they could easily turn people into retards with this technology over just a very short period of time. 

2 minutes ago, Dirty_habiT said:

It's amazing how much more attention span you have for your family, friends, and community when you're not stuck on your phone hoping to find something in the sea of shit that is half engaging. Soon you lower your standards to being engaged by less and less mentally stimulating content. In the "right hands" they could easily turn people into retards with this technology over just a very short period of time. 

I think they already have. Post flip phone.

• Truth 1