subway surfer toys - graff toys for kids

glorydays

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
35 minutes ago, CLICKCLACKONER said:

the blank trains are cool but normalizing graffiti is no bueno.

35 minutes ago, fat ralphy said:

idk - i preferred when graf was more underground

I'm not saying mainstream but letting kids know that graff is a free art form

i meant normalizing by the kids not seeing it as scary

• Trash 1

38 minutes ago, glorydays said:

I'm not saying mainstream but letting kids know that graff is a free art form

i meant normalizing by the kids not seeing it as scary

still don't agree.  for myself, when I first saw real graffiti visiting my relatives in queens and the bx back in '84 (8 years old) and almost every year after that...I didn't find it scary at all, I was mesmerized by all the tags and pieces on the street.  Coming from the suburbs of DC  it was definitely culture shock but hip-hop was on TV a lot during this time period and was deemed a fad by the elders.  My sister and I were trying to find b-boys in the tourist areas like Rockefeller center and was sort of pissed off when we didn't see them how like the movies and media portrayed hip-hop during that time period.  

• Like 1
  • Truth 2
  • Props 1

I'm with Click clack and ralphy on this.

subway surfers is cool but I don't want my kids thinking it's all easy peasy lovey dovey because it isn't always. (I'm not a mad hood guy or anything but it's not all friendly)

I've met some people who downright scared me in graff as well as meeting my best friends.

@Ray40 what are your thought son the subway surfers things listed above. You'd be bang on the target market.

No wrong answers dude.

• Like 2

the reason i bring this up

@CLICKCLACKONER

@Schnitzel

@One Man Banned

portland was seen as a dystopia with all the feds and the protestors clashing 

trump using the imagery as a way stay relevant and be the strong man for this coming election

graff was seen prominently on the buildings...and i know most of us wouldn't give 2 fucks about how graff is percieved 

and does graff in general have a reputation?

the government is trying to portray graff as a part of a terrorist organization boogy man 

Mayor of Portland to Trump: Get your troops out of the city ...

Oregon lawmakers demand answers after protester wounded | kgw.com

President Trump Says Portland Protest Was “Totally Out of Control ...

Edited by glorydays

does graff have an image to keep up?

does graff have face to save?

The toys seem to me, a way for the art form to stay alive, i believe.

and how do kids see graff, is always how i  percieve it.

idk...i might be over thinking it.

Edited by glorydays
  • Like 1

If you're a kid or you're a young buck and you see graf and it scares you, pack it in.  You're a puss and graf isn't for you, go home because that paint will be the least scary thing you see graffercizing.

I've painted legals where kids and youngsters saw it and you could tell they thought it was cool.  I've done illegals and had kids or older see it and let's face it, if you're under a bridge somewhere you're probably up to no good.  The kids are there getting some sense of freedom by being rebellious, smoking, breaking shit, whatever they do.  They see graffiti or you doing graffiti, they understand the freedom in that.

The majority of protest graf I've seen is what many of us would call civilian graf at best.  It's technically not inaccurate for anyone to call it graffiti, but I think most anyone understands the difference between civilian stock cap messages and something with a little more style.

Irresponsible to promote surfing the subway to kiddos IMO.

• Truth 2

3 minutes ago, One Man Banned said:

If you're a kid or you're a young buck and you see graf and it scares you, pack it in.  You're a puss and graf isn't for you, go home because that paint will be the least scary thing you see graffercizing.

I've painted legals where kids and youngsters saw it and you could tell they thought it was cool.  I've done illegals and had kids or older see it and let's face it, if you're under a bridge somewhere you're probably up to no good.  The kids are there getting some sense of freedom by being rebellious, smoking, breaking shit, whatever they do.  They see graffiti or you doing graffiti, they understand the freedom in that.

The majority of protest graf I've seen is what many of us would call civilian graf at best.  It's technically not inaccurate for anyone to call it graffiti, but I think most anyone understands the difference between civilian stock cap messages and something with a little more style.

cOmE oN bRo NoRMaLiZe GrAfF 

• Snitch 1

9 minutes ago, Kults said:

you run from a cop, don’t think there’s much graff going on in it tbh. kids nowadays are playing gta etc, pretty tame by comparison 

but hey feel free to shelter your kids until they hit their teens and break bad 

Yeah my kids been playing hotline Miami since she was 2 weeks old and crushes rollers right off 95

• LOL! 1

16 minutes ago, Kults said:

you run from a cop, don’t think there’s much graff going on in it tbh. kids nowadays are playing gta etc, pretty tame by comparison 

20 minutes ago, One Man Banned said:

at least this thread got a good turn out lmao

and seeing that graff came up during a trump interview on fox and the images they use as "the bad guys"

and THEN, the commercials came up of these toys for kids that has them filling in pieces 

idk...i really dont think its a coincidence

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kults said:

When you put it like that it is is pretty tame.

My son plays some game on roblox where he's a shark and goes round eating other characters. that's worse.

I may have missed the entire point of this thread... still think the toys are kind of lame but I do wish I'd thought of them...

"dear lord please give the chance to try and prove that Money wont spoil me"

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Schnitzel said:

When you put it like that it is is pretty tame.

My son plays some game on roblox where he's a shark and goes round eating other characters. that's worse.

I may have missed the entire point of this thread... still think the toys are kind of lame but I do wish I'd thought of them...

"dear lord please give the chance to try and prove that Money wont spoil me"

you guys hear of elsagate? now that’s some shit young kids should not be seeing but most definitely are. check what your kids watch on YT

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elsagate

• Like 1
  • Props 1

I have heard of some stuff like that but I thought it was largely contained to youtube kids.

Sounds weird but as a non signed in youtube user on a TV I've not come across anything too drastic - just mind numbingly fucking stupid. 

I'm pretty vigilant about what my kids watch but it seems youtube just plays the same videos over and over for them anyways.

there's some Minecraft peppa pig stuff that has me jumping a bit usually due to the edits.

anyway enough about my shitty parenting