This Old Trap House: Wonk Saggin Edition

mr.yuck

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Solid wood should be able to sand that down - solid wood floors are baller. Patching wood flooring can be a bitch but worth it. 

With the gaps like that it's probably easy to replace pieces but then you will probably want to refinish the other areas. 

One or two boards is no big deal but it looks like the wear and tear is pretty significant like you said. 

Edited by fat ralphy
  • Like 3

Yerp. That's definitely pine. So here is my take on things. Pine is a soft wood. The heart of the pine is going to be the toughest densest part of the tree. I'd personally be scared to go at it with a drum sander. Oak floors are more forgiving. I've done one oak floor and my first pass, I slam fucked these people's shit up. I was lucky enough to be able to buff out most of my mistakes with subsequent passes. Once stained I was looking at it like 'jesus Christ' but the home owners thought it looked great. Maybe I'm my own worst critic. Either way I took that check and bounced straight to the bank. 

• Like 1
  • Props 1
  • LOL! 1

On 1/18/2024 at 7:19 PM, LUGR said:

So, when I went to pull the wire through my string almost immediately broke. I was using some 25+ year old hemp I found laying around….definitely a bad idea. Switched to 80lbs mono and that worked fine. I have one side finished and have not had time or motivation to start the other.…..maybe tomorrow…..maybe not.

This really has ended up being more of a pain in the ass than I was anticipating. Mainly due to the location in the attic I have been working from. My original plan was so easy in my head….lol.

Finished it up. Looks pretty cool. Pics don’t really show it very well. Matched the led colors after the pics.

3F1344DA-FE02-4604-A558-6557B0560259.jpeg

A51B24C8-90EC-4956-B2C8-E6319129E867.jpeg

865AB1C0-2A03-41AD-A4EC-67F3C0883803.jpeg

• Truth 1
  • Props 1

First off, dudes pants were not tight at all. I think that's half of it. But he balanced the board on his head in the middle of the board then reached out to support the ends while he nailed up the ends and worked his way down.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

First off, dudes pants were not tight at all. I think that's half of it. But he balanced the board on his head in the middle of the board then reached out to support the ends while he nailed up the ends and worked his way down.

Dang, that’s wild. Props to that dude.

• Truth 1

3 minutes ago, LUGR said:

Dang, that’s wild. Props to that dude.

Shit was crazy to watch. I kept asking him if he needed help and he was nonchalantly like "nah, I've been doing this a long time." We got to talking and when he told me his name, I realized I some how had a drywall legend putting in work in my house. Bro got hosed for a million dollars importing Chinese drywall when all that shit went down.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So I went into Lowe's the other day and had them build me a kitchen. They built my shit out and were like it's gonna be $42,000.

I said "lol. My kitchen is only 12x12. Da fuc iz up hoe?"

They were like no problem sir. We are running a promotion. We are offering 40% off of you apply for and charge the kitchen to a special Lowe's card.

Right, right, cool cool cool. What's the apr on this special card?

What now?

The interest rate on the special card. What is it?

This went back and forth for a while dancing around  the point to where she was finally like "I'm gonna call over some one else that can explain it better than I can."

I'm looking through some pamphlet with all kinds of financing terms laid out in it. Jackpot. I found what I was looking for. 

The guy rolls up ready to kick a fresh line of bullshit in my ear. 

"I'm sorry to waste your time man. Are you suggesting that I finance $25,000 at 30%? Are you giving me 40% off to entice me into eating shit at 30%? Lol. That fucking sucks."

My man turned around on his heels and got ghost with the quickness.

I'm thinking about financing the whole shit paying my 15% deposit of $3200 and telling them to get fucked.

Also for 25 racks, I can build a state of the art cabinet building facility in my garage and make sure Lowe's never sells another cabinet to anyone ever again.

• Like 2
  • LOL! 2

I've been compiling a list of tools I would need to start building cabinets. I have most of the power tools. I think the one thing I would want to upgrade is my table saw. Everything else I don't have are specialized drill bits, jigs, and clamps. I really might make a go at this. I'm gonna sleep on it for another night I think.

• Like 1

On 2/6/2024 at 12:52 PM, mr.yuck said:

I've been compiling a list of tools I would need to start building cabinets. I have most of the power tools. I think the one thing I would want to upgrade is my table saw. Everything else I don't have are specialized drill bits, jigs, and clamps. I really might make a go at this. I'm gonna sleep on it for another night I think.

I know a couple of high end cabinet shop dudes around the way. My one buddy is the typical excuses lazy fuck who thinks you cannot run a quality shop without spending 100k on the best of the best shop build. The other homie went ahead and did it with very minimal capitol and just does refacing with a bunch of old school second hand equipment. Did not exceed like 20k and looks pretty nice from what I can see after painting a few. I’m no carpenter but all the joinery looks plum and tight and pretty spot on. 

• Like 1
  • Props 1

2 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

Bro I've bought a ton of countertops for insurance over the years. Never has anything ever been $240 a square foot. That shit is pure lolz. 

I don't even know what's going on anymore. 

Ms. Best is trying to get you a premium top of the line product, not some insurance grade bullshit.

• Truth 1
  • LOL! 1