Backpacking, Hiking, Camping, Hunting, Fishing, Off-Roading -•- all things nature lover thread

KILZ FILLZ

2 hours ago, aimer said:

Damn @Schnitzelthat is cool as hell
Landbased mahi mahi is a wild catch!

Keen to hear more about Japan, bucketlist spot to visit for me!

No adventures for me recently, new boat is a few weeks away from being finished yet then hopefully have a heap of pics to add in here.

New boat? Tell us more!

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
On 10/17/2023 at 7:17 AM, LUGR said:

New boat? Tell us more!

25ft Centre Console, waiting on the yami 300 to go on the back and final fitout. 
hoping it’s only a few more weeks away, the weather down here has been starting to turn it on and I’m getting antsy!

IMG_1876.jpeg

• Props 3

2 hours ago, aimer said:

Some nice catches there @LUGRhow hard did that shark pull?

those giant blowfish are a PITA too, they always fight like a decent fish it so dissapointing when you pull em up

Shark had a decent fight in it for being small. Was hoping it was a pompano though.

Those blow fish came through last year for the first time with a vengeance about this time. Nobody had seen them before from the beach. Then they disappeared. Hopefully they don’t t come through thick again. They have a wicked sharp beak, and cut through mono like butter. Super annoying.

2 hours ago, aimer said:

25ft Centre Console, waiting on the yami 300 to go on the back and final fitout. 
hoping it’s only a few more weeks away, the weather down here has been starting to turn it on and I’m getting antsy!

IMG_1876.jpeg

Looks fantastic! Yamaha is definitely the way to go.

Did you consider going twin Yamahas?

22 hours ago, LUGR said:

Those blow fish came through last year for the first time with a vengeance about this time. Nobody had seen them before from the beach. Then they disappeared. Hopefully they don’t t come through thick again. They have a wicked sharp beak, and cut through mono like butter. Super annoying.

Yeah we call them bolt cutters over here absolute fuckers of things.

21 hours ago, LUGR said:

Looks fantastic! Yamaha is definitely the way to go.

Did you consider going twin Yamahas?

twin donks on the back was the original plan, always preferred the idea of having two engines even just for safety/redundancy..

The hull builder ended up talking us out of it though, the hull was designed around balancing a single outboard apparently, after a sea trial on his one built the same we were pretty sold on it.
Coming from a Suzuki 140 on the current boat so will be a hell of an improvement anyway haha

• Like 2

5 hours ago, SMdoubleXL said:

This  post is all so beautiful!! 
Every photo is stunning. 

what kind of tracks are in the sand there? 

Did that flower stink? 

It definitely was a beautiful day.

Crab tracks.

Yes, the flower smells nasty.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/18/2023 at 5:20 PM, aimer said:

IMG_1876.jpeg

You have it yet?

Not yet, everything is finished except we're having delays on the outboard.. They've been telling us next week, for the last 3 weeks.

Blue swimmer crab, rock lobster and pink snapper season are all opening in the next 2-4 weeks so we've put the hard word on them to get it done.

Should have some good pics to add to here soon!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aimer said:

Not yet, everything is finished except we're having delays on the outboard.. They've been telling us next week, for the last 3 weeks.

Blue swimmer crab, rock lobster and pink snapper season are all opening in the next 2-4 weeks so we've put the hard word on them to get it done.

Should have some good pics to add to here soon!

Awesome! Can’t wait to see it. I fish a similar boat often with a 300 Yamaha and it is a lot of fun.

You have any of the Nomad Squidtrex for the snapper? I used those this past snapper season for the first time and they are unbelievable good.

1 hour ago, LUGR said:

Awesome! Can’t wait to see it. I fish a similar boat often with a 300 Yamaha and it is a lot of fun.

You have any of the Nomad Squidtrex for the snapper? I used those this past snapper season for the first time and they are unbelievable good.

I'll have to pick some of those up, never seen them before. Thanks for the tip!

Usually target them with Z-Man soft plastics

IMG_8959.jpg

• Like 2
  • Props 1

• 2 months later...

Was blessed on my birthday with catching my PB largemouth and rainbow. Blue cat was long ago. All the others were from when I was rippin’ and runnin’. Then that was buns first fish he ever got to see. He was there for both PBs too. Had a good trout dinner that night.

Need to get back out in the woods mannnn.

hope everyone has a great weekend! 

IMG_9829.jpeg

IMG_0950.jpeg

IMG_9837.jpeg

IMG_0958.jpeg

IMG_0956.jpeg

IMG_0955.jpeg

IMG_0954.jpeg

IMG_0952.jpeg

IMG_0944.jpeg

IMG_0942.jpeg

IMG_8310.jpeg

IMG_0936.jpeg

IMG_0933.jpeg

IMG_0931.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Props 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/20/2019 at 5:16 PM, Guest said:

A jetboil is my next purchase. Old Coleman’s stove I have is legit as fuck but just too much sometimes. 

C176EE18-D3EB-40BD-895C-C6BBB68E32D1.jpeg

13A319F1-4754-4806-BE04-304A171E2C81.jpeg

This is the system I am working with instead. Maybe a better system because I’m not at the mercy of the jetboil “pot”

IMG_7073.thumb.jpeg.e63af525346a7b941556d134120d6adf.jpeg

IMG_7076.thumb.jpeg.3d869d31df762a2c5b1e125b37c1fc80.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Props 1