Guest Resurrection

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Brain Age seems pretty cool.

My brother went to buy a 360 today and every place we went was sold out of the regular, $350 version, and all that they had left were the Halo3 collector's version. So he bought one of those. They actually look fucking awesome, I thought they would be ridiculous with a big picture of Master Chief or a giant Halo3 logo, but they are slick, metal-green looking things that are very minimal, and with metal-green controllers. I'm actually kind of jealous because they put the white X-Box to shame. I saw some kid playing Halo3 single-player at the store and it looks sick, I'm definitely going to get it. It reminded me of Marathon 2 more than any of the other Halo games. Marathon was Bungie's first game, made only for the Mac in the mid-90's, and Marathon 2 was their masterpiece. The level design gave me a video-game flashback.

mindvapors: If you're ever in Framingham down Route 9, check out Games Universe (1210 Boylston St. I believe). It's about two miles past the Natick Mall on Rt. 9 West, just past the Rt. 30 bridge, in the basement of a mini-stripmall. It's a pretty awesome, rugged independent store with tons of used games from the 2600 to the Genesis to the Dreamcast, every system you can think of. They have a bunch of tournaments there, too, but I'm betting those are nerd central.

yea, Marathon 2 was awesome. they released it on XBLA if you feel like playing it again.

the graphics melted my eyes though.

anyways,

i dont have my 360 back yet, but when i do get it back i'll be playing a lot of halo 3...

if anyone wants to play, send a pm and we'll excahnge gamertag or whatever

...no homo.

20070514.jpg

It's funny, people, especially PC gamers on the internet, like to shit on Halo because they think it's watered-down gaming, but they've never played it. Bungie has more credibility than most designers out there because of their work on the Marathon games, but the people who act like they are hardcore gamers and hate on Halo for it's popularity don't know that because they didn't start playing games until the second millennium. I'm not even a Halo player, but I recognize a good game when I see it.

Portal seems cool, I never got into HL, never heard of Fortress.

How are they?

this is a must get if you have a 360. So much value. TF2 is fun, but I can see it getting old quick with only 6 maps. Portal is dope. and the HL2 games are dope too

Ghost will never come out. /cry

Orange box is for the 360?

I thought that was PC ish.

Yeah it's for PC/360 right now with the PS3 version coming soon. I got it cause, even though I have HL2 for PC, my PC is a POS when it comes to games and it runs smoother on the 360