!@#$%'s Alaska[n Cruise Thread]

!@#$%

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Looks like an awesome vacation. I want to see Alaska. When ever i take

a tropical type vacation i usually spend the whole time drunk on a beach

and never doing any of the shit I should be doing. Ya kno. Looking at

ruins and hiking, scuba diving, fishing. Shit like that. Its just me Abcs

passed out on a beach with a bottle. I feel like i wouldnt do that if

its Alaska

alaska is amazing.

i'll tell you right now, i must go back.

not getting to go to Denali national park wasn't a letdown or a disappointment because the trip was awesome, but if i could have planed it myself, i would have much rather sailed from victoria or anchorage and spent more time in the alaska backcountry.

i also want to see the northern lights and didn't get that on this trip.. in fact, the lights from the damn cruise ship are so fucking bright you don't get much of a night sky.. the milky way was far more visible in the dakotas than it was out on the open ocean, which was kinda lame.

it was a family cruise, so while i payed for us to get to cali, i didn't pay for much else aside from an excursion or two (which i booked outside of the cruise agency for far cheaper) ..however, that meant we had no window which i think was good, since i prolly woulda puked out of it.

i get sick on planes so i wear those sea-band things.

i do not get car sick. however, out on that choppy pacific ocean (apparently it's FAR more calm in the carribbean) i felt like crap for maybe 3 out of the 11 days.

(11 days did seem too long btw)

that said, it is a cruise, so i was easily able to bring weeds along, and that helped a ton. i also took dramamine for the first time ever, and while it didn't make me tired, it didn't help my stomach all that much (just a little)

gambling and drinking are so fucking popular on the ship, if you don't enjoy those things i don't know if it would be worth it to go, as i didn't think the food was all that great (it didn't live up to the hype)

we were lucky the world cup was on while we were out there, it definitely helped..

if alaska is your game, i'd fly in (or do a CRAZY long and adventurous drive) and explore, then fly out.

if you love to cruise, or want to try it, definitely consider the alaska cruise. literally everyone i told about this trip before i went said that everyone they knew who had been said it was the best cruise they'd ever been on.

some drawbacks: it is cold and rough seas. so you will not be able to enjoy much time on deck without a serious jacket, and you won't be getting in any wave pools or deck hot tubs (they were closed for a lot of the time, or overrun by children the remainder)

everything on a cruise is expensive.. though food is paid for, you have to pay for soda, premium cocktails/beers, juice, internet time, gambling and shit like that. and like i mentioned, you'd do well to book your excursion directly through the company and not through the cruise line

denali is cool, the back country is amazing. spent a couple nights out there.if you are looking for more touristy fun, the kenai peninsula is a great place to start. there is a ton of shit to do there. seward is a nice little town. the skilak lake area is also easily accessible and pretty as fuck. anchorage is full of drunk natives, fuck that place.

denali and talkeetna are both nice. lots of good hikin around denali. but the coolest shit i did in alaska was drive to the arctic circle and watch the midnight sun on the summer solstice. life changing.

i need to go back.

Did you have tea at the empress hotel in Vic? did you get to see the wax museum ? That city is unbelievable and so fucking nice to visit in the spring/summer.

I have always wanted to drive from Vancouver all the way up to Alaska via the Alaskan highway and do the gold rush trail, there is a ton of history there and some damn cool places to see.

Nice pics! too bad you were not able to do a day trip over to Van to see some more sights. Plus getting any greens up this way is never an issue if your stopping over in Vic fyi!

Did you have tea at the empress hotel in Vic? did you get to see the wax museum ? That city is unbelievable and so fucking nice to visit in the spring/summer.

I have always wanted to drive from Vancouver all the way up to Alaska via the Alaskan highway and do the gold rush trail, there is a ton of history there and some damn cool places to see.

Nice pics! too bad you were not able to do a day trip over to Van to see some more sights. Plus getting any greens up this way is never an issue if your stopping over in Vic fyi!

vancouver is great

i've spent a bit of time there on a few occasions.

i wasn't able to have tea at the empress due to time constraints unfortunately... maybe next time.

Thanks for the thread.

To this day I think of you as a strong black woman and it bewilders me that you may be otherwise (strong, to be sure, but perhaps not quite black).

you're very welcome.

i'm not black. caucasian. somehow a few people have thought i'm mixed race so you aren't the first to guess that

Dope thread, I want to take a helicopter ride with my camera so bad.

Also, even though that hammer museum probably sucks I'd have to check it out.

thx

i almost regret not paying the dollar or so to go to the hammer museum

i wouldn't say it sucks. prolly great for a laugh, it even was from the outside.

did you and you're friend get naked and spoon to keep warm? im under the impression you're both females.

good flicks too.

we did get naked. but he is male.

somehow i thought in an early post i said my man's family took me on this trip? if i omitted that detail, oop

haha what? no, no tongue ass highway.

glaciers are SO amazing.

i have to admit though, they are far more impressive when you can land on them or hike up to one, or have the privilege of seeing it inside the valley it carved (check my new zealand thread for that insanity)

when i saw glacier natl park on our US road trip, i realized everyone who says the glaciers in that park will be gone in 10-15 years are totally right. they are shambles compared to fox or meadenhall.