The best Era in music.

earl broclo ESQ

Best Era in Music  

110 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do love Pharrell as well...

311 is not for me though, homie. I'm fucked for summerfest. My friends dont like any of the people they have so I can't really go to shit. /yesmad :mad:

how can you not like thievery corporation and wang chung?!?

you need some new friends with musical taste.

hell b.b king , cypress hill ..even weird al yankovic is playing

how can you not like thievery corporation and wang chung?!?

you need some new friends with musical taste.

hell b.b king , cypress hill ..even weird al yankovic is playing

I have amazing taste in music but they dont. they like trey songz and all that bull. Thievery corp i'm not too crazy about though. Kind of corny mass produced electronic stuff imo. I like zero 7 more. /musicsnob

i still wanna go. IF ONE OF YOU PICKS ME UP I'LL GO.

interesting thread, curious to see what people think.

for me its an absolute no brainer. 60/70's was when people were reeeally creating shit from scratch.. certainly not to say whatsoever that doesnt exist in all other era's but i beleive that to be the most pure on an absolute virtual grand scale reaching genre's of all types.

def 90's for house... but i do say that casually as its been years since iv heard anything all that current so i dunno what the new genre trends/sounds are these days.

i know theres a big wave of younger kids dubstep crazy these days, i strongly suggest you go back on 90's dark drum n bass, very similar. all the same sounds you like, bass tones etc. just not produced with the intent of running off beat thruought. though thats where that shit started too.

check out EdRush. torque and wormhole will blow yer mind. shits mad evil and tho expierienced ears can tell the era, certainly does not come off as old sounding. probably alot to do with the surge of dubstep and like i said, its similar sound.

we used to get extremley fucked up listening to very evil dnb, some deep house and shit even a little trance. gotta have a proper read on shit tho, there is so much absolute trash electro put out you gotta dig. tho, certainly not to deep.

• Like 1

another point imma add is the fact that anyone that grew up a hiphop head, and im talkin hiphop. not rap, gangsta rap or any other kinda hybrid. talkin hiphop, no later than early early 2000's have a huge heads up on most other music peoples in terms of being able to recognize the difference between crap and quality.

it was such a large part of hiphop back then to be real, be pure and disreguard fakes. i dont think theres ever been another music type that there are so many unspoken, and inna lotta cases spoken, morals or codes as hiphop did. and for good fucking reason.

it makes you very intelligent when breaking down any type of music when that shit is instilled in your head.

didnt start listening to house till like 07... i could never get the associative scent and sensation of sweaty people smelling like dirt and vics vapor rub surrounding me as i stole wallets whenever i heard any type of house no matter how good out of my head.

for me it was always gabber/hardcore/breakcore then darkstep /drill n bass then jungle/d n b.

this thread needs more alien sex fiend and christian death

I picked 60's-70's... lots of legendary shit came out during that time.

But 80's & 90's were also great... I only remember the 90's and this past 00 decade... come to think of it, I don't think I own any music made prior to 1960.

And who is picking the 1920's? LOL... dudes on here bobbing their head to Big Band shit or that Silent Movie era music?

80/90's absolutely had a ton of creativity braught to the table aswell and shouldnt be overlooked, but 60/70's was an extremely interesting time for what was in actuality pioneering a multitude of different types of music which i think gives it the overall crown.

80's synths and that whole vibe never really stuck, apart from the tools and technology they used to create it. and the 90's was a decade of much needed hybrids.

but ya, 60/70's were extremely revolutionary.

And who is picking the 1920's? LOL... dudes on here bobbing their head to Big Band shit or that Silent Movie era music?

broadway musicals and jazz/ragtime became popular in the 20's

also blues and country's rising popularity gave rise to the way many music companies are controlled to this very day

I like a lot of different types of music from Mozart to Jelly Roll Morton to Bobby Womack to Lloyd Banks. I'm the one who chose 1930 to 1940. I just think it's great listening to recordings from the early 20th century (even before the 20s). It's like a cross section in time. As for the jazz from that era I just think of it as .. as a peak in our industrial economy and life was changing so rapidly: cars, machinery, tall buildings... all new concepts... all madness and jazz from that era was like the auditory exemplification of those phenomenons. Also I'm crazy so probably just me on here. Just my 2.

Also, with all due respect, Big Band was more like 1930s when jazz became more mainstream but audio amplification technology hadn't been developed yet so in order to play to a big audience artists needed a "big band" so that everyone in places like the Apollo could hear.

another point imma add is the fact that anyone that grew up a hiphop head, early early 2000's have a huge heads up on most other music peoples in terms of being able to recognize the difference between crap and quality.

It's funny that towards the end of the 90's I wasn't really feeling hip hop. There was still good shit coming out, but for the most part I didn't like the direction it was going. I'd say I started listening to hip hop in 86 or 87 and by the time 99 came around I was just like "fuck it." But NOW! Oh man shit is just lame. I find myself hearing albums that I passed on in the late 90's and saying "I like that." I'd rather listen to a fucking Puffy and Mase track than most of the shit kids on here hype up.

It's 2010 and I wish kids would pick up a fucking instrument instead of a mic.