The best Era in music.

earl broclo ESQ

Best Era in Music  

110 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHY WOULD YOU SAY THAT?

I LOVE PHARRELL ;__________________;

I CANT GO BECAUSE MY FRIENDS DONT LIKE N.E.R.D.

AND I'M NOT ALLOWED TO GO ALONE

DAMN YOU ;_____;

haha damn.. most of the shows are free minus the 15 to get in this year too.

you still have a chance to see 311 though glenq said he was gonna be front row

haha damn.. most of the shows are free minus the 15 to get in this year too.

you still have a chance to see 311 though glenq said he was gonna be front row

I do love Pharrell as well...

311 is not for me though, homie. I'm fucked for summerfest. My friends dont like any of the people they have so I can't really go to shit. /yesmad :mad:

I'e just worked out what the best thing about living in fucking China is.

.].

I have no idea who or what a Justin Beiber is.

1985-2000

Hip hop led to dance/Techno and that changed everything about as much as Elvis and the Beatles did.

Hip hop led to dance/Techno and that changed everything about as much as Elvis and the Beatles did.

Sorry but you're wrong. Hip Hop didn't lead to house or techno. Disco is what lead to house, and early synth bands like Kraftwerk also lead to house and techno. The 303 and 808 revolutionized electronic music as well as hip hop.

It's difficult to pinpoint the best years beacause the chicken & egg theory plays in. Kind of like hearing a hip hop song you dig, then years later hearing the random sample or baseline in that Chicago song that you never listen to.

90's hiphop still can bring a tear to my eye. For fuck sake I was raised on it, fuck my first broad to it, and got high to it errryday.

Sorry but you're wrong. Hip Hop didn't lead to house or techno. Disco is what lead to house, and early synth bands like Kraftwerk also lead to house and techno. The 303 and 808 revolutionized electronic music as well as hip hop.

Yeah, that's 100% correct. 808 State, Yello, Kraftwerk, etc.

I just have this memory of hanging out in an old record shop that used to only sell hip hop and we saw some Urban Cookie Crew and said that this Dance stuff was shit, why was it in a hip hop shop. The girl behind the counter said "no, this stuff is going to really happen, it's the next thing".

So I like to tell myself that hip hop started it all.

Yeah, Disco did it, you are right. I remember listening to my KISS albums scornfully whilst my sister played the Bee Gees and other sins of the time and hip hop was nowhere to be seen.

I have a friend that knows stuff that says the first hip hop ever was some hispanic guy with a track called Rappo Clappo.

Going to google to look for rappo clappo....

Before CDs I won the 12 version of 808 State, Pacifica on vinyl. I still have it, my vinyl collection, my sister's and my father's vinyl collection. All stored properly and in tip top condition. Prob around 2000 LPs, 12 and 7 inch singles.

They live next to my Conan comic collection in storage.

God bless nostalgia and the price of antiques!!!