bare cupboard recipes

zebradrips

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

where the fuck do you shop that has expensive lentils?

y'all sound like you could use a course in dumpster diving, anyways

I've never eaten better than when I dumstered at Trader Joes on a regular basis.

first off ill starve before I have to eat what people throw away...

second... I dont eat lentils so I never price checked them, because I eat red beans & rice sometimes but that shit takes forever to prep

listen, there was this krispy kreme in the old hood that threw out untouched, pristine garbage bags full of day old doughnuts that we used to get looooooooose on.

i don't do it now for the same reason that i don't go to shitty shows or drink high life forties every night.

but at the time, they were delicious.

or maybe i was just stoned.

I always keep my shelves kinda stocked, but when i know i'm about to be broke for a while i'll make a bunch of shit and freeze it. Chili, spaghetti sauce, soups, etc.

My standby broke as hell food is definitely tuna sandwiches and pbj's.

Bojangles, that shit made me lol and then throw up in my mouth a little, and then continue to lol.

This.

I've been broke as shit a few times in my life, but never so broke I couldn't find a way to get some double cheeseburgers from McDonalds

the one time I was really homeless without a dollar to my name literally hitching down the masspike and NY thruway I drank water out a discarded burger king cup at a toll booth I was so dehydrated. From that point on I promised myself I would never have to sink to that ever again. Thats grimey, having to drink water out of the garbage... not diving in a trader joes to be some sort of fregan hipster coolboy faggot

I repeat, I will never ever consume garbage... might as well wander the mall foodcourt too and scoop up the half eaten trays

id rather eat a double cheeseburger than anything out of a dumpster just on GP, I dont care how "totally ok the food is because the govt makes them toss it out early"

bums eat out of dumpsters. End of discussion. I aint no bum.I have this shit called pride and self respect

the only thing I EVER dumpster dived for was credit and acct statements in bank dumpsters... and I wont even do that anymore... (and you get more than enough money to buy lamb & steak off that... Ill rack my grass fed steak for dinner if its like that and you can get your kicks dirty knee deep in old lettuce

You're eating out of the garbage, stop trying to sound classy

To what extent would you let the classification "garbage" stop you from obtaining valuable goods? Does it have to be cold, hard cash? Is that the only thing you'd pull out of the "garbage"? 'cause I've found that, too

real talk, the only people who advocate eating out of dumpsters im sure are upper middle class or better kids from the suburbs who have no experience with inner city bummery... bums eat out of dumpsters, if you got money you have no business fucking up their natural food supply anyways, thats against protocol