four loko is racist

Abracadabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im from Seattle and the 14-17 year olds drink this shit non stop. They will literally have four loco parties in the parks and get hella sugar high and hella drunk and act like complete idiots. It is halarious at the skatepark. I drink one or two before I hit the bar its a good prefunk. Its like slammin a red bull and chugging 4 shots of vodka.

here's the thing: if you market to black people, white people will steal it, because since we seem to have nothing cool, we sweat y'all.

now.

when you market stuff to rich white people, it's gonna be mainly consumed by black people trying to look ballin.

however, there is ALSO a contingent of white people who pay attention to what black people actually drink, and seek that out.

the world is a strange place.

Drinking three 4Lokos is like putting away a 12 pack of 6% beer and a four pack of Red Bull.

Here's a great recipe for an energy booze drink called "Balls Deep"- a short dog of Thunderbird spiked with a key bump of cocaine and a proprietary mixture of swamp gas and nitrous.

i don't know how many of you are familiar with this abomination of a drink, but they are making very little effort to conceal which part of the community they're trying to sell this junk to

lavidaloko-12_md.jpg

let's take a closer look at this

1. the name of the drink is misspelt, using the obvious hip hop reference of a K in place of a C

2. the can features a camouflage print

3 . it comes in 4 flavours: grape, orange, watermelon, and fruit punch, stereotypical faves of the black folks.

i'm white and even i'm offended at how they're using obvious stereotypes to kick an already battered community while it's down. i'm surprised they're not pairing it with a fried chicken and waffles promotion, and getting celebrity endorsements from ignorant southern rappers. can i get a c'mon son?

Welcome to America.

Most if not all malt liquor ads have always been targeted at black people in the hood, so this isn't really any different.

I don't really see the big deal.

Black people can think for themselves, and so can brown people.

^^^^^ thats what i was thinking.

and anyway... thats a 22 right. So 1 of them

gets you buzzed just like a 40oz of bud ice.

difference is i could drink 3 40s of bud ice.

1 can of that shit would make me feel sick.

all that sugar mixed with alcohol.

FUUUUUUUUUUUCK that

^^^^^ thats what i was thinking.

and anyway... thats a 22 right. So 1 of them

gets you buzzed just like a 40oz of bud ice.

difference is i could drink 3 40s of bud ice.

1 can of that shit would make me feel sick.

all that sugar mixed with alcohol.

FUUUUUUUUUUUCK that

It's not a beer buzz, though. I can maintain after a six pack of High Life, but two Four Lokos will turn me into a spastic, spun out mess.

to be fair, 2 four lokos is probably equivalent to more like 10 high lifes, plus all the energy drink bullshit in them.

I don't see any appeal in these types of drinks. Tons of sugar, so you're far more likely to get a brutal hangover and all the energy drink/booze combos i've tried tasted like sugar water mixed with garbage. I guess the kids probably love it since they love shitty drinks, and it looks like a normal energy drink so you can probably openly drink that shit around town. But you can also openly drink a mixed drink or a beer around town provided your aren't dumb.