ask someone from a different country...

trogg_slayer

It's changing but you're right. I think it's a pretty deep seeded mindset, and probably has something to do with the fact that we are realtively young compared to the rest of the world (about 150 years old or something) so we are about 3 generations in, and everyone who first settled here were immigrants, so rebelling would either get you kicked out, killed or put in gaol.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's changing but you're right. I think it's a pretty deep seeded mindset, and probably has something to do with the fact that we are realtively young compared to the rest of the world (about 150 years old or something) so we are about 3 generations in, and everyone who first settled here were immigrants, so rebelling would either get you kicked out, killed or put in gaol.

Oh dear.

OH FUCKING DEAR!!

Sorry dude, but you MUST be negged for that.

Australia was born in 1788, had federation in 1901. That makes us 221 years old, dude, not fucking 150. Sure, that's small compared to Asian, European and Middle Eastern standards but not by Canada, US, New Zealand and other European colonial standards. And it is your own country's history!

I don't know too much Australian history but I do at least know when we were founded!!

And as for 3 generations old, my and your grandfathers were not on the first fleet of convicts either. Seriously dude, WTF were you thinking when you wrote that?! Also, everyone who settled here were immigrants, well, YEAH..., if you are settling in Australia then you are by definition an immigrant. Got tautology?! As for rebelling, look up the Eureka Stockade.

Not trying to be a prick dude but you got to get at least a little bit of an idea of your own history!!

A question for Canadians with a strong northern pimp hand or Female Canadians.

I've got one week to get this girl from Toronto while she's visiting NYC without her man.

She's not staying with me but I'm trying to change that, and it's going ok so far but no skins yet.

Anything they dislike or have a negative stereotype about Americans that I should avoid.

Just trying to make things go a smooth as possible without any fuck ups.

DO NOT MAKE STERIOTYPICAL CANADIAN JOKES

I.E. saying the word "EH" alot or joking that she lives in an igloo and rides a polar bear to work. other than that they're about the same as any other girl.

Oh dear.

OH FUCKING DEAR!!

Sorry dude, but you MUST be negged for that.

Australia was born in 1788, had federation in 1901. That makes us 221 years old, dude, not fucking 150. Sure, that's small compared to Asian, European and Middle Eastern standards but not by Canada, US, New Zealand and other European colonial standards. And it is your own country's history!

I don't know too much Australian history but I do at least know when we were founded!!

And as for 3 generations old, my and your grandfathers were not on the first fleet of convicts either. Seriously dude, WTF were you thinking when you wrote that?! Also, everyone who settled here were immigrants, well, YEAH..., if you are settling in Australia then you are by definition an immigrant. Got tautology?! As for rebelling, look up the Eureka Stockade.

Not trying to be a prick dude but you got to get at least a little bit of an idea of your own history!!

U mad?

I like my version better.

• Like 1