Loners unite! ...Or don't. Because then we wouldn't be loners.

Bojangles

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ever since I stopped doing drugs and even drinking I've become much more of a loner.

I don't like to sit around and get fucked up - but I'm 22 and it's hard to find people who DON'T want to get fucked up that AREN'T nerdy faggots.

I have 2 people that I chill with on a weekly basis. My homie that's going through the same shit as me who I've known for a decade, and a real cool dude I know from work.

Other than when I go places and do stuff with either of them, I'm on the dolo.

I've figured that I really need to just focus on trying to be rich. The only thing I want out of life is to be able to travel wherever, drive a DB9 and just be free. I'd just go on missions by myself to all sorts of places and do cool shit.

I kind of want a lady sometimes, but a big part of me doesn't want to deal with the bullshit of that either. I've been talking to an ex of mine a little bit lately, in fact we hung out for the first time in a couple of years tonight. I got butterflies /no homo while I was with her and for a couple hours after, but I'm pushing that shit away as best as I can. I know it's inevitable that she will let me down and there's no point in becoming attached. I don't think I'll ever meet a woman who doesn't let me down eventually.

I think that some of us go through a certain amount of shit in life and then one day we reach a point where we see the big picture. Some people don't see it until their 60, some never see it. I feel like I see it right now. I'm just going to keep it movin and work towards my goals. The rest will fall into place if it's meant to be.

everyday, i grow more intolerant of all people

being stuck in a rut where where going about my business, running into a lot of random rude schmucks scattered throughout isnt helping either

i have people id call acquanintace, that id drink or burn with

then i have my close circle of friends, who i trust

most others, i wouldnt bother pushing a button to save their lives

the oontz is good to me though

Your not alone Bojangles, I am a loner, I used to want to go out all the time, go see friends but eventually grew bored of them and the constant need to get drunk or just repeating the same nights out as always.

I find if I do go out then I end up thinking what a waste of time and money it is, why pay £3 for a pint of beer when for the same price I could have a few drinks at home.

It is just one of those things that comes with Age, settling down, get married, get a house, bills and resposibilities and it ends up being nicer to just stay at home with your wife/partner than go out to the meatmarkets of pubs and clubs.

THIS^^

I'm really feeling a lot of what's being said here and in fact slightly proud of myself that I can relate, being only 21.

A few days ago, my entire clique dropped out from heading to a concert to see one of my favoritest bands ever. I contacted a couple people to see if they wanted to go but only to be answered with further bs. So I grabbed my shitt together and headed out solo.

I ended up having one of the most amazing times of my life. My first show by myself and I couldn't have been any happier.

Go Team Teamless!!!!

I'm really feeling a lot of what's being said here and in fact slightly proud of myself that I can relate, being only 21.

A few days ago, my entire clique dropped out from heading to a concert to see one of my favoritest bands ever. I contacted a couple people to see if they wanted to go but only to be answered with further bs. So I grabbed my shitt together and headed out solo.

I ended up having one of the most amazing times of my life. My first show by myself and I couldn't have been any happier.

Go Team Teamless!!!!

[/color]

Had a similar thing happen to me a few years ago when me and this chick were supposed to see a movie. I drove to pick her up and the bitch wasn't ready, wasn't dressed, and was "tied up" taking care of her friend's kid, who was running around naked. Despite us arranging the date and me calling ahead of time. So after waiting around, I just walked out the door without even saying goodbye, and drove to see the movie myself. Enjoyed it. Also didn't have to entertain & impress some bitch in the process, and despite having the tickets already paid for, probably saved money in the process since I didn't have to pay for whatever she asked for. It was great.

yeah ive always had trouble fitting into a group of friends since my freshman year of highschool. before than i did alright. but i grew up as an only child that was shelterd till my early teens. but a friend of mine that i was really close with when i was 13-14 i had stopped talking when i moved to california. over the past few years ive hung out with him and he always seemed act like i was a burden to have around. than yesterday he calls me up giving props about catching a few tags i did in the shitty smalltown we grew up in i did a month ago. he knew about them for awhile and i just found it random. then he calls me 2:30am talking about it again. and i hear him drop my name and tell some random people in the background about me painting the said spots. i was pissed that he woke me up from a good deep sleep i had been trying to get for weeks, than i told him "loose lips sink ships" and he kind of gave a wtf response. i dont want to put the dude out. but i just found it weird that hes the one annoying me for once. whatever. ill take him out painting next week. whatever.

but since this the 'loners' thread. ive been in my 4 bedroom apartment alone for almost 4 months now. it botherd me at first but now ive reached a point that if i really want to go hangout with people i can go down to the skatepark. otherwise im starting to feel content without needing a ample amount of social interaction. i found that filling in the gaps with going out painting or talking to people on 12oz.

wow i need to get out more

In response to the first post, fuck being social all the time.

Hanging out is fun and all but don't be that broke nigga at square one over 30 , wondering how your friends are steady ballin.

You could hang out all day and accomplish nathan, or you could be running shit or at least trying to.

I'm prone to hating any motherfucker that's around too much anyway nowadays, even the crew/fam sometimes.

Niggas got careers to think about now, responsibilities & grown ass man shit like that.

^^Wow dude. If you were a chick, you'd fuck to get pregnant just to have someone around all the time. And then you'd make sure the child sucks tit into college.

Be a fucking a man.

[/color]

Be a man>? You know who you're talking to son? Haha

For the record, I didn't mean she gets mad at me cuz I wanna be with her all the time, cuz that's not the case. I get bored if I'm by myself, so I usually have the team with me, since we tend to roll together anyways.

I might go out and "work" all day by myself, but when it comes to going to get some food/drinks, I do9n't wanna be by myself. If that makes me less of a man n your eyes maybe I should slap you around a bit to "prove" my manliness? Haha

im on the same kick as (i think mercer.. i forget)

im doing my own thing. i'll go chill with a couple friends twice a week at the most, usually not at all though. dont have a lady right now and even though sometimes i get the urge to get one i know that i dont want to deal with whatever shit they are bringing to the table along with buying shit for someone else. just work and school and work and school. im not even going to school for anything really, just taking courses that sound great. i kinda want to buckle in though and get a second degree, shit would be tits. we'll see. i also work alone. i mean, i gotta go to the main office to pick up my work van but aside from the 10 minutes of 'mornin joe's' i dont talk to anyone.

i havent been happier in my entire life.

Be a man>? You know who you're talking to son? Haha

For the record, I didn't mean she gets mad at me cuz I wanna be with her all the time, cuz that's not the case. I get bored if I'm by myself, so I usually have the team with me, since we tend to roll together anyways.

I might go out and "work" all day by myself, but when it comes to going to get some food/drinks, I do9n't wanna be by myself. If that makes me less of a man n your eyes maybe I should slap you around a bit to "prove" my manliness? Haha

That's cute.

i hear him drop my name and tell some random people in the background about me painting the said spots.

i told him "loose lips sink ships" and he kind of gave a wtf response

this

i lost many friends this way. they saw it as me turning into an antisocial asshole (guilty by association to graff n dance), but none of them (especially bitches) could wrap their hollow heads around the fact that they are SNITCHING. the first few times, id get annoyed & break down in a logical rant about the importance of never snitching in detail, from drysnitching to full-out pig snitching, even the dangers of nosey passerbys that may tip off the pigs because of what they just overheard. to ensure them that my paranoia wasnt the only reason im like this, examples of real life situations were added & i thought it would make a difference

after repeated occurances, i realized theyd never stop, because shit like this is too fascinating (or maybe HIPHOP) for them to care that lives are easily ruined over a mm layer of paint. as if they put in as much work by snitching, as i did getting a spot, they'd tell their other friends - chain effect - exponentially snitched out on. one motherfucker had the nerve to act sorry, then ask me for flicks over msn (so he could show his hollisterfag friends that were with him at the time next to his computer), then sign out without a word when i said no. i had to spend weeks coming up with logical/tedius reasons/proof to undo only about 1/2 of the damage done

learning from that, ive cut connections with well over half the guys & girls i used to kick it with, & ive never been more sure of a decision. some of them were pretty damn stunning girls too, but ho mentality isnt worth going to court for. most of my current friends arent writers & i keep my worlds separated from them (some of them, ive trusted for a long time to keep their mouths shut & they have)

i realize that unless you are a resident of a fucked up area or you routinely commit crimes, there is no such thing as snitching. those that are blindly law-abiding, with only short glimpses of the exciting worlds below arent capable of grasping criminal logic. to them, the world is lovey-dovey, policemen are here to help us, & there are no atrocities going on outside of our big comfy island

cliffnotes: how the minds of graffiti hos & sidelining snitch "friends" work

oh look! pretty colours. this is cool, i saw something like this on YO MTV RAPS before. he says to stop telling my friends but thats him being modest, he must wants people to know! plus, the others will think im cooler if i tell them i hang out with someone that does this

my rant above the summary is usually the 2nd thing that comes to mind whenever i scroll through the GRAFFITI ON GIRLS thread

goddamn, i hate people

but that "team teamless" comment made my day

I am some what social but a do a fair amount of things alone. I cant go to museums with other people bc they always ask about the art and I become a tour guide. I was at MOMA with a girl a picked up a group of 3 other people after 15 minutes. I prefer to work alone so I don't have to compromise, and also so I can do things on my time instead of planning around them. Really, I don't hang out with people much during the school year because I'm so busy with school and work, so I try to get in my fun during the summers. I can't wait until I graduate.

I prefer to go to concerts with friends, so I can share the experience, otherwise it's kinda awkward. I hated skating alone because I had no one to motivate me to go bigger and harder. /nh

Had a similar thing happen to me a few years ago when me and this chick were supposed to see a movie. I drove to pick her up and the bitch wasn't ready, wasn't dressed, and was "tied up" taking care of her friend's kid, who was running around naked. Despite us arranging the date and me calling ahead of time. So after waiting around, I just walked out the door without even saying goodbye, and drove to see the movie myself. Enjoyed it. Also didn't have to entertain & impress some bitch in the process, and despite having the tickets already paid for, probably saved money in the process since I didn't have to pay for whatever she asked for. It was great.

a- you got played.

b- you were pissed off the whole drive to the movie and tried explaining it to yourself over and over and again in your head like a crazy person.

c- you may have enjoyed the movie and it probably took the edge off but primarily this is because you made yourself belive this.

d- you used the word "bitch" everytime reffering to this woman showing how much it enraged you and increased your fear and insecurities around women. and perhaps your own sexuality.

e- you have now repeadedly mentioned "not having to impress or entertain people" thus showing your always "on" and have a hard time just being yourself around people, another reason you seek comfort on the internet.

f- the fact you have written so many lengthly thought out/drawn out reponses in this thread without disrespecting it with off topic pictures shows it really hits home with you.

g- your a lonely person who doesnt understand why people dont always want you because you are a very well thought out person, maticulous. educated. and seemingly "perfect" when in public. and thus, why you find it "tiring" hanging out with people.

becasue again, your always "on"

your name also has become quite clear why youv chosen it.

because it applies to you.

your father has money. you have a university degree.

and again, your maticulous. the name you choose for yourself on here will have meaning.

thus why you chose "TheoHuxtable"

theocry.jpg

ugh ive had the same problem.

cats that i only see once in a blue moon will walk straight up to me in a group of people and say "hey man you still paint/write/tag/etc" .. you think im going to answer your ignorant ass truthfully in a group of people i hardly know?

and the girlfriends. ohhh the girlfriends. dumb ass broads. i was dating this one girl who was the manager of a store and everyone that worked there was pretty tight knit. i was friends with all of them, we all went out for drinks occasionally. there were 3 times where i had to pull her aside because she mentioned something about me writing on things, my actual fucking alias or something like "hey do you know that person" etc etc. the last time it happened i said "yo dude, i can go away for years if i get caught. i know you trust these people, and i sort of trust these people too.. but who do these people trust? and who do those other people trust?" she still didnt get it but she stopped talking about it. at least when i was around. same girl decided her extended family (uncles, cousins) needed to know i did graffiti as well.

all of them did similar shit, but this girl was the worst with it.

i also hate when im walking around with another writer and they want to talk about graffiti or they want to point a tag out and say something about that guy. dude, there are people around right now. shut the fuck up.

but then again im not that big of a fan of talking about graffiti period.

a- you got played.

b- you were pissed off the whole drive to the movie and tried explaining it to yourself over and over and again in your head like a crazy person.

c- you may have enjoyed the movie and it probably took the edge off but primarily this is because you made yourself belive this.

d- you used the word "bitch" everytime reffering to this woman showing how much it enraged you and increased your fear and insecurities around women. and perhaps your own sexuality.

e- you have now repeadedly mentioned "not having to impress or entertain people" thus showing your always "on" and have a hard time just being yourself around people, another reason you seek comfort on the internet.

f- the fact you have written so many lengthly thought out/drawn out reponses in this thread without disrespecting it with off topic pictures shows it really hits home with you.

g- your a lonely person who doesnt understand why people dont always want you because you are a very well thought out person, maticulous. educated. and seemingly "perfect" when in public. and thus, why you find it "tiring" hanging out with people.

becasue again, your always "on"

your name also has become quite clear why youv chosen it.

because it applies to you.

your father has money. you have a university degree.

and again, your maticulous. the name you choose for yourself on here will have meaning.

thus why you chose "TheoHuxtable"

*believe

*every time

*referring

*repeatedly

*lengthy

*responses

*doesn't

*don't

*meticulous

*because

*you're

*you've

*meticulous

A. She played herself. Never spoke to her again and told the story to many others that know her. She hurt her rep. You don't understand, when someone shows their true colors in the negative, they're helping you out and saving you time because they're basically telling you not to deal with them again. This was actually the first date, and of course the last.

B. I was pissed while waiting at her place, true. But I was aware that she was showing her true colors and saving me time in the long run, when I told myself to just leave. Actually enjoyed the drive.

C. It was a good movie and I felt free.

D. You've never called a female a bitch? What does that have to do with someone's sexuality? If she's deserving of the name, she gets called that. I don't call all women bitches.

E. I'm always myself around people. Sometimes, some friends & acquaintances want you to do things or entertain them in some form or fashion when you're not even in the mood. That's the point. And by being myself, it may disappoint some that I'm not all in their face giving them attention.

F. There's plenty of threads where I'm contributing. This is just one of them. Check Crossfire or around here. Apparently, your obsession of what I do or why I do things seems to hit close to home with you. It's been a while since you've written me a long drawn-out post.

G. I already stated that I have a circle of friends, many whom I've known since elementary. I stated that when they ask me to go out, I sometimes tell them I'd rather do my own thing. Hence, this is not being "lonely" since I am purposely seeking solitude in these instances of company. A lonely person seeks company when there is none. You failed miserably at your pseudo-psychoanalysis.

And you think having a piano and an arcade stand at the house automatically makes someone "rich"? LOL!