I'm Going to NYC this weekend

Daniel Dumielle

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

.you wont be here but to anyone else:

TV on the radio with chin chin and gang gang dance tomorrow at prospect park. might sell out. might not. its in a park so youll still hear music. Saw BDK there on saturday. good venue. lots of space. food. BBQ in the park if ya got friends.

http://thereedspace.com/ -buy something

epstein's bar -outdoor seating and drinking...go before 4...close to reed space, shut, alife and all that...stop by and say hi to the Farthole Longtits.

Meh, shit seems to get old for me here. Go to the bar, pay 3 times what you would for a drink where ever you're from.

Museum of Sex?

All the graf kids go to The Scrapyard.

NYC transit museum if you're fanatic about the subway, it's quick and cheap like a good hooker.

Chinatown?

A place to stay that is affordable in the summer will be the greatest challenge, unless you know someone in NYC. In which case they'll show you around. Otherwise, it's your first time there and a visitor, so you are a tourist. Not a bad thing but you may re-consider that some of the tourist spots may in fact be in your interest. Memorable photos of these spots will be valuable. Just walking down the street and snapping pics will be in your interest.

you guys be a little more specific?

pizza? brooklyn? sneakers? types of bars dive lounge sheeshee burger spots steak spots cheap reasonable expensive....

theres basically unlimited shit to do in new york. I would avoid tourist spots, they tend to be whack and crowded with fags. if you are going to brooklyn for pizza, go downtown to grimaldes, usually super crowded but its some dop ass pizza. Its in dumbo and easy to find. Bit of a yuppie spot but dope pizza for so close to the city. Get off at either high street on the A and C line or york street on the F. Just ask people how to get there and youll find it. There is also a club and bar right next door and a ton in the neighborhood, but its probably expensive i have never been there but it looks popping.

heres a day for you...do this.

1. take the train to west 4th

walk to joes

Joes....it was in one of the spidermans

Joes+NY+Pizza+Store+front.JPG

dont fucking argue about it either...its the best fucking pizza.

2. leave Joe's and zig zag your way through NYU campus and soho (take your time) in the direction of broadway/houston aka broadway/lafeyette. and look at the retarded holister ad that replaced a pretty awesome DKNy ad.

3. from there take a right on Lafeyette and stop by Supreme. look for sale items. 20 tshirt. dvd's if you skate. fuck a 50 dollar baseball cap.

4. leave supreme. head eastward on Prince. grab a corn on the cob from CUBANA CAFE. eat it while watching hot girls. or buy their calender. take a left on the street that CUBANA CAFE is on (elizabeth? not sure)

5. when you hit houston again. cross it. walk North half way and stop buy .classickicks. buy something cheap. leave. retrace ur steps back to Houston.

6. turn left on Houston. walk to Bowery. look at antiques. then find os gemeos mural. its fucking awesome. take photos.

7. youre thirsty. head East on HOuston and go to epsteins bar and have a beer. its on ALLEN. have a beer. watch hot girls walk by.

8. go to reed space next. down the street. when leaving exit the back. youre on orchard.

9. now you can go to Still Life. leave.

10. youre hungry. go to KATZ'S. its on houston and Ludlow. awesome sammiches. eat. buy tshirt. now youre fat.

11. now look for bars with good happy hour specials. if you dont look like a douche nozel poser. stop by double down saloon. pick songs off juke box. tag bathroom. play pool. tip well. drink bacon shot. if youre there on Friday after 9-10, ask for the JESUS JUICE. leave there. wander around and barhop until you find a good spot.

check out LIT (dance bar), LIL FRANKIES (italian), BLUE RIBBON (bank sushi and steak), BULGARIA BAR (intnl dance bar)...none of these spots are clubs..they are bars with DJs...they are good...

yeah son, Blue Ribbon is my oysters and champagne spot.

fuck it, go to crif dogs and visit the stupid secret bar behind the phone booth. You're a tourist, might as well embrace it. Check out coney, ride the Cyclone and get your picture taken at the top. Get a hot dog at Nathan's just like on Seinfeld.

There are bars that will give you free pizza with the purchase of a beer. Ride the elevated trains through Brooklyn and look out the window, it's free.

/endshamelessguide

If I recall correctly, you're a beer fan... here's a few bars that I liked the selection at:

Burp Castle - crazy belgian selection

Hop Devil Grill - good bottle and cask selection

Blind Tiger - gets really crowded but good selection

Ginger Man - the crowd can be a pain in the ass but they got a good lineup. it's in midtown so maybe the crowd will suck less if you go on a weekend during the day?

I'll leave food and other suggestions to other oontzers, it's been a while since I got to spend time in NYC.

Im going to go to Uniqlo .... for jokes.

Uniglo does have some corny ass shit, but I've started buying all my t-shirts there. Their plain t-shirts are cheap and fit good. Actually, all their basics are pretty much on point.

But I do like to walk around and make fun of shit. I was down in that area with Harvey one day, and he needed to grab some shirts and socks. So we're walking through and there are all these tight tight orange and purple jeans for sale. Harvey said something out loud like "Wow, even on sale they can't sell those orange jeans. Who would wear shit like that?" He didn't notice the balding 40 something hipster wannabe guy holding a pair. I also saw him put them back after he heard that with such disappointment. It was hilarious, plus the guy was on some mid-life crisis wanna be accepted type shit that made me laugh even more.

If you're coming this weekend, you better hope the fucking heatwave has cleared out. If it hasn't, you better bring a small spatula to remove your nutsack from your thigh every time you stand up.

I always recommend going to the Dumont because it's one of my favorite food spots in Brooklyn. They're serving Zombies now, which is always a good thing.

dumont_fr_left.jpg

432 Union Ave., Brooklyn, NY

(Take the L from Manhattan, get off at the Lorimer stop, Exit at the Union Ave/Metropolitan exit, it's across the street from the Kelog's diner, a few doors down.)

I recommend the hanger steak if you're a carnivore. If you're a vegetarian, I recommend the Mac & Cheese. Everyone loves the burger, but I usually get something else.

Lately, I rarely leave my house. So I have no fucking clue what's going on.