The BMX Thread

R@ndomH3ro

I'm mainly looking for something to get me around, but i'd definitely like to be able to do tricks as well... I've skateboarded for years so spots always jump out at me, and i see a lot that make me wish i had a bike.

Also, i'm really short so i think a 20" should suit me pretty well

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm mainly looking for something to get me around, but i'd definitely like to be able to do tricks as well... I've skateboarded for years so spots always jump out at me, and i see a lot that make me wish i had a bike.

Also, i'm really short so i think a 20" should suit me pretty well

Now we are talking!!!

You can buy a complete bike here (which is kind of gay and you are going to end up replacing a lot of stuff)

https://www.danscomp.com/index.php

I would recommend getting a FBM Howler, FIT midlevel bike (2.5), or a WeThePeople Reason

Or you can go to the bmx forums and look for a bike

http://www.bmx-forum.com/

http://thecomeupboard.com/forum/index.php

I would recommend the latter, a lot of kids are selling their bikes right now to get other junk so you probably can find one that is decent.

If you find something on the forums post up here, I am sure we can all let you know if its a good deal or not. If you can try to get a Sunday bike, those things last a long time or so I hear.

• Like 1

This is what i was riding back in the day! Now its sitting in my mothers basement collecting dust...

Got this pic off the net but mine is still in perfect condition as well.

Upgraded the brakes at the time to the Odyssey Pitbull Brakes and a GT seat...

damn son...i am blind from all that chrome

:cool:

• 1 month later...

YA, I SAW IT WHEN YOU POSTED IT THERE.

DYNO WAS THE UNDER COMPANY AND STEPCHILD OF GT.

STILL A DOPE BIKE TO HAVE FOR NOSTALGIA LIKE YOU SAID.

GET SOME 3-PEICE CRANKS AND REGULAR BLACK TIRES ON THERE ASAP.

LOWER THE SEAT A BIT, AND IT'S ON!

THOSE LOOK TO BE THE RIMS THAT HAD COLOR ON THE SPOKE-NIPPLE SIDE AND NOT ON THE SIDES WHERE THE BRAKES HIT?

Hey I used to race redlines when i was younger. and looking to get back into biking, but looking into street biking, bmxed for years. but then started football and rugby. So im a big bigger than most racers. So looking back into street bmxing, whats a good bike, My redlines long gone, but i picked this up a few months ago of craigslist.

got it for the cheap, but its DAMN heavy compared to my old RL and the brakes blow. I already took off the front pegs..not my thing. and left the back ones for easy reasons.

any suggestions on cheap bikes to look into ro brands to look for on CL or shit to start?

and thoughts on this bike? mines all grey, black forks, black HB's replaced what was scrambler tires on it for street tires.

attachment.php?attachmentid=130711&stc=1&d=1238075048

CIMG3588.jpg

Went to take some trash out just now and found this bike in the alley! Only thing really wrong is a flat tire and brake pads worn down. I'm pretty sure its a walmart bike made after mongoose started making two different quality level lines. Still a good find. I'll use it as a guest bike.

nice find I had this bike when I was a kid like 15 years ago. That was before Walmat started selling the other kind. I much rather have that Menace than any bike at Walmart. Mine was just like that but mine was in Chrome.

I'm looking to get a new ride. I've got an old (as in a 99 specialized fatboy 415 pro) which is solid as, but about 20+ kilograms, and just FAR to old now. I'm really rough on bikes, and break things on them all the time, i've replaced pretty much everything on that bike from new. Stems, headsets and rims tend to break regularly for me, or to say they DID. I've no idea what is decent anymore, and am looking for something really simple, but solid. No gyros, breaks optional, light, strong etc. Its for street, and park. Suggestions? Should I get a dirt complete and change a few things? or rip some parts off the old bike and custom something? I've no idea as to what is a good start now a days. Looking to spend as little as possible, but have learnt that its best to spend the money the first time, rather than replace everything along the way, and missing out on riding time.

Help?