The BMX Thread

R@ndomH3ro

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dsc00335_copy0_lg.jpg

After my GT Mach One was stolen , I remember this being bought for me by my Grandfather who felt terrible the GT was stolen . We moved back to Ohio in late 1987 and I have no idea the whereabouts of this bike . Probably worth some $$$ like everything else older .

dsc00335_copy0_lg.jpg

After my GT Mach One was stolen , I remember this being bought for me by my Grandfather who felt terrible the GT was stolen . We moved back to Ohio in late 1987 and I have no idea the whereabouts of this bike . Probably worth some $$$ like everything else older .

lol goddam. I had this bike too. Ironically, I had a blue GT mach 1 that was also stolen.

I was curious to see if there were any on ebay and got this Google image...this is pretty much the exact bike . I will own this bike again someday...even if my now 6 year old son only gets to ride it . :cool:

l_5da56403c2836e5ca0b4745616b19efb.jpg

For some reason this bike is fucking sexy.

I remember picking it up with 2 fingers easily...so light . If I could have one thing again from my youth it would be this bike , forget old toys some Hipster can buy overpriced nowadays w/o even living in the time period in the firstplace .

So I'm looking around at that Redline I posted before, the MX24, and I guess I can do an employee purchase and get the 2010 model for cheaper than I would pay for the 2009. The only major difference between the two is the 2010 frame is aluminum, while the 2009 frame is chromo.

I'm mainly just gonna be using it to cruise around and do (minor) tricks, maybe try to hit some trails, is frame material going to make that much of a difference? I have like no experience in BMX bikes and whatnot.

I would get the chromo frame. Aluminum while cool and light, if the frame cracks in any way it will literally rip apart. If you ever seen this on a track session its a really scary sight and usually doesnt go well for bike or rider. So chromo is strong, chromo is light, and chromo wont shred apart when cracked..it will just snap in that spot and end.

LET'S TRAVEL BACK IN TIME SHALL WE:

80'S

BMX ACTION MAGAZINE TRICK TEAM OR BMXA TRICK TEAM

MIKE BUFF R.L. OSBORN

THEN LATER THEY PICKED UP PAT ROMANO

HE HAD A BIKE, NO BRAKES, CRANKS PEDALED FWD AND BACKWARDS.

IN FACT THAT WAS DUDES MAIN TRICK =

PEDAL BACKWARDS IN A CIRCLE WHILE MASSIVLEY BAR SPINNING.

HE DID IT IN THE FAMOUS MOUNTAIN DEW COMMERCIAL AND A MOVIE ABOUT BIKE MESSENGERS THAT I CAN'T RECALL THE NAME OF.

HERE'S ONE OF THE MOST CLASSIC SHOTS OF THEM.

R.L. OSBORN BELOW ON KUWAHARA

MIKE BUFF AIRING HIS SICK PK RIPPER

I ORDERED A PEE-CHEE FOR SCHOOL FROM BMXA MAGAZINE

WITH THE BELOW PICTURE ON BOTH SIDES

AND STILL HAVE IT SOMEWHERE!

july81_bmxa_trick.jpg

EARLIER WHEN HE COULD ONLY HOP THE BACK TIRE.

BMXA2.jpg

LINK TO THE FAMOUS 80's MOUNTAIN DEW COMMERCIAL: