The BMX Thread

R@ndomH3ro

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive been in and out of street and flatland. I started with a Wallymart Mongoose, moved to a Specialized FatBoy 415 (thumbs down, that thing was like 50 pounds! Fatboy 415 pro was where it was at) built up a custom with the Standard Tao as my frame of choice (ran me 1200 total). Moved to street for a bit and swapped parts to a Hoffman Deebo frame (thumbs down). Purchased my favorite frame for street a little after that, still is my favorite of all time the Standard Trails 250. Eventually made my way back to Flatland, had my eyes on an ARES Ashura, my friend had one and I liked the frame ALOT! At the time when I was in the market I couldnt find one available new and another frame caught my eye which is the one I have to this day is the Dragon Fly Motion Makes Motion. Swapped my parts and changed out to a 0 degree front end a couple years ago.

Actually still have my Standard Tao frame. I painted it years ago. I think if you were to date it its probably a 2000. If anyone is interested PM me. I know Flatland has been dead, but plenty of people still do it. Solid frame.

I miss riding, I over the holidays I was riding with my brother in law. He really makes me want to ride better.

I rode some dirt jumps for the first time and I caught the bug...as soon it feel it stops snowing I am going to find a place to dig out some jumps.

Still running the Fly Pantera, I got some parts from Empire while I was in Austin. Great guys if you happen to be in town.

*sigh* I miss riding :(

4269615229_ea1b371726.jpg

Purchased on the weekend - 26 inch - rides like a dream...

RIDE A 20!!!

Actually while in Austin on the trails some dude had the new Sunday Model C. Its concept is a 24" with 20 like geometry. The BB was high and short ends, I actually thought it was going to be wonky like a 24 but it was awesome to ride. It really did feel like a 20 even on jumps...the back end didnt feel loose on lands. I actually kind of liked it and I might try to build one up.

I'm looking to get a new ride. I've got an old (as in a 99 specialized fatboy 415 pro) which is solid as, but about 20+ kilograms, and just FAR to old now. I'm really rough on bikes, and break things on them all the time, i've replaced pretty much everything on that bike from new. Stems, headsets and rims tend to break regularly for me, or to say they DID. I've no idea what is decent anymore, and am looking for something really simple, but solid. No gyros, breaks optional, light, strong etc. Its for street, and park. Suggestions? Should I get a dirt complete and change a few things? or rip some parts off the old bike and custom something? I've no idea as to what is a good start now a days. Looking to spend as little as possible, but have learnt that its best to spend the money the first time, rather than replace everything along the way, and missing out on riding time.

Help?

Look on Dan's Comp, they got some pretty good completes that are not that expensive. In fact most of the 2010 models really have some nice parts on em that you really wont have to change out too much.

Hey I used to race redlines when i was younger. and looking to get back into biking, but looking into street biking, bmxed for years. but then started football and rugby. So im a big bigger than most racers. So looking back into street bmxing, whats a good bike, My redlines long gone, but i picked this up a few months ago of craigslist.

got it for the cheap, but its DAMN heavy compared to my old RL and the brakes blow. I already took off the front pegs..not my thing. and left the back ones for easy reasons.

any suggestions on cheap bikes to look into ro brands to look for on CL or shit to start?

and thoughts on this bike? mines all grey, black forks, black HB's replaced what was scrambler tires on it for street tires.

attachment.php?attachmentid=130711&stc=1&d=1238075048

bump for an answer?

bump for an answer?

Your bike is okay for right now, I dont know how experience you are on street and park but I would recommend saving your money right now for a really good bike. That Haro will be okay for now but its heavy and really crappy for street use...but it will make you better in the long run!!

Most kids now a days spend crazy money on parts and have an awesome bike but cant do shit on em...so ride, get good, save money and a light street bike will only improve you later.

Keep on the look out though. I rode a shitty FIT for a long time and just built piece by piece and awesome bike I have now (It still has parts I need to change, but I am just riding them unitl I need to repleace them).

So just keep riding, shake all the haters off that are going to tell you how shitty your bike is, I bet if you bust a manual and whip out they will shut their mouth real quick.

• 3 weeks later...

DSC_0004.JPG

Here is the legend in the streets

Frame: Fly Pantera 2

Forks: Oddy Dirt

Headset: Verde

Stem: Fit S3 topload

Bars: Tall Boy Bars, thinking of getting some Sunday Bars

Grips: Aaron Ross Grips, shitty grips about to be replaced with some ODI Longnecks

Brakes: Snafu Lever, with a Oddy Cable to Oddy Evo brakes

Seat post: Animal

Seat: Oddy Senior 2, used to have the Oddy Mexican seat on it but it got rained on and it was cloth so I switched to the vinyl

Cranks: Primo Hollow Bites with Primo Mag Sealed Pedals

Chainring: FBM 6 pack 25t

Rims: Aliennation PBRs

Tires: Animal GLH 2.25 front and 1.95 rear

Chain: Shadow Halflink

I ride a lot of street, my brother in law however got me into riding Dirt so I might give it a go again when the snow melts.

• Like 1