The BMX Thread

R@ndomH3ro

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DSC_0004.JPG

Here is the legend in the streets

Frame: Fly Pantera 2

Forks: Oddy Dirt

Headset: Verde

Stem: Fit S3 topload

Bars: Tall Boy Bars, thinking of getting some Sunday Bars

Grips: Aaron Ross Grips, shitty grips about to be replaced with some ODI Longnecks

Brakes: Snafu Lever, with a Oddy Cable to Oddy Evo brakes

Seat post: Animal

Seat: Oddy Senior 2, used to have the Oddy Mexican seat on it but it got rained on and it was cloth so I switched to the vinyl

Cranks: Primo Hollow Bites with Primo Mag Sealed Pedals

Chainring: FBM 6 pack 25t

Rims: Aliennation PBRs

Tires: Animal GLH 2.25 front and 1.95 rear

Chain: Shadow Halflink

I ride a lot of street, my brother in law however got me into riding Dirt so I might give it a go again when the snow melts.

Bump, cause I hate being on the bottom of the page. Also looking at this picture I noticed my bars slipped...damn

For all you newbies trying to get into bmx and want a awesome bike out the gate.Albes has the Sunday completes up

Theyre available on febuary 15th

The Funday AM is $359.95

The Funday EX is $459.95

The Funday Pro is $659.95

http://www.albes.com/sundaybikes-2.aspx

Looking at the "pro" model you get a lot of high end parts for half the cost and Sunday Frames I heard where "unbreakable". I dont know about that color though...you would be one Aaron Ross looking ass

Screw your low seats!

Just got my laid back seat post and my Skyway mags!

19862_284926719081_565204081_3180397_4798604_n.jpg

You are old and fat, I am surprised those mags can hold your chunky ass. Skyways aren't good for shit except looking good.

Low seats are easier to clear on the whips or when you are hopping up something high your seat wont become a anal plug, also I really dont ride on my seat since I am not a lazy burgerface like Bojangles, I mostly stand up and pedal even when I am riding to work I stand and pedal for 5 miles. The only time I sit is if I am going down a crazy hill or just chillen.

Those oldschool bikes are cool but just not practical for what I am doing.

You are old and fat, I am surprised those mags can hold your chunky ass. Skyways aren't good for shit except looking good.

Low seats are easier to clear on the whips or when you are hopping up something high your seat wont become a anal plug, also I really dont ride on my seat since I am not a lazy burgerface like Bojangles, I mostly stand up and pedal even when I am riding to work I stand and pedal for 5 miles. The only time I sit is if I am going down a crazy hill or just chillen.

Those oldschool bikes are cool but just not practical for what I am doing.

damn. you dont sound like a very nice person at all.

Also do you guys even ride those bikes? Are you like 5"1? Most oldschool bikes dont have a toptube bigger then 20. I would bang the shit out of my knees and I am only 5"9.

I ride in style on the 21in toptube...

my top tube is 18.5 and I have a 12.5 back end. And a zero degree front end set up. Talk about knee bangn'

ouch...

I rode an old mongoose while I was back in Austin...I realized that this shit would never fly. I banged the shit out of my knees.

Dont get me wrong guys, I like oldschool bikes. They are neat to look at and are kind of a cool throwback to cruise on. Now, I wouldnt ride one everyday. I like my Pantera, its light, low, and that seat low to get it out of the way when hopping/crashing/trying to do some tricks.

hahaha Im a flatlander though...been a while since Ive road because of road biking more. That is one factor Ive never had on any of my bikes....light weight. I think on average all of my bikes were about 35 pounds. I had friends that dropped cash for titanium everything and would cut off any excess metal on their frames.

Yeah, freestyle and flatland bikes are built with the old school geos...I dont mind them (except why does it seem that your seat posts get higher and higher?) Here in Germany flatland is more popular then street/park riding.

The shop near me sells only flatland bike parts which is a downer for me when I need something now.

There is a video I need to find and post up of some dude who rides for Standard that does a combo of flat tricks and parks stuff..its pretty neat.

TI parts are expensive as shit, my brother in law has TI spokes and wheels and the tension on them are so high that he snaps nipples like it aint no thing. Its sucks for him because replacing them are outrageous!

I was thinking about getting a TI spindle for my BB but then I looked at the price and said fuck that!

FLATLAND/DIRT/HALFPIPE FOR A WHILE WAY BACK IT WAS ALL THE SAME SET-UP/BIKE TO US BACK IN THE DAY.

ALTHOUGH I LEARNED QUICK THAT COLORED TIRES SUCK ASS IN THE DIRT!!

YEAH IT SUCKED DODGING THE SEAT FOR MANY TRICKS, BUT THAT'S HOW IT WAS.

MUCH RATHER CRUSH ON MY HUTCH TRICKSTAR THAN ANY LOW SEAT BIKE NOWADAYS.

IT'S CALLED PROGRESSION, AND I CAN RESPECT THE NEW SHIT, JUST RESPECT WHERE ALL THIS CAME FROM.

US LOOKING FUNNY AS HELL IN OUR FUNNY CLOTHES/HAIR/SEAT HEIGTH WHATEVER.

WE ROCKED, NOW YOU ROCK.

woodlandriver002.jpg

bike80.jpg

That pic is always funny and bad ass at the same time.

Bmx is just like skateboarding, at one time owning a fishtail was awesome and used for everything from street, pool, and vert. But then the double tails came out and technology got better.

Same with BMX, I remember you rode the bike you raced, dirtjumped, everything...now the geos for all those bikes are diffrent.

Like Iron Chef said, progression of the sport. I like oldschool bikes, I almost bought an old 91 S&M Holmes from a dude just to have. Parts and bikes have gotten lighter and stronger with time, thats all

Yeah, freestyle and flatland bikes are built with the old school geos...I dont mind them (except why does it seem that your seat posts get higher and higher?) Here in Germany flatland is more popular then street/park riding.

The shop near me sells only flatland bike parts which is a downer for me when I need something now.

There is a video I need to find and post up of some dude who rides for Standard that does a combo of flat tricks and parks stuff..its pretty neat.

TI parts are expensive as shit, my brother in law has TI spokes and wheels and the tension on them are so high that he snaps nipples like it aint no thing. Its sucks for him because replacing them are outrageous!

I was thinking about getting a TI spindle for my BB but then I looked at the price and said fuck that!

Yeah. Flatland has died but yet its huge outside of the BMX scene. My old city had a huge following but it was never spoke about in the parks or on the street but if you went to the right spot on certain days there would be myriads of Flatlanders.

I missed out on TI a while back. There was this CNC company that made TI bike parts for extra business. Primo and Profile crank spindles were like 30 bucks and they did 44t,36t, and 25t chainwheels for like 25 bucks. I never jumped on it and lost the link to the site years ago.

As for the other post on weight...I never liked a bike that was too light. One of my old riding buddies was a kid with money and he always had the best and the lightest. I was cared shitless to ride his bike because it just felt like it was going to float away on me. I liked a decent weight, but I can understand when its just too heavy. Call me weird but its just me.