What book are you reading? Part 20

I wanna read clockwork orange cause I saw the movie the other day and I think the book will be better.

fuck the movie. i mean, its good, but the book is awesome. yea its a little cliche and pretentious but fuck that, its just seriously a good book. make sure if youre a first time reader that you get a copy that has a glossary of terms in the back or you wont know what the fuck hes talking about.

ive read that book many times...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
He is soon to be mine as well.

I am still in search oh this online. But I found the poem with which it's title came.

has anyone read "the road" yet? i've heard a lot about it, sorta, but many people have said its great and horrible at the same time. i think its a post-apocolyptic type story.

^^^ could never bring myself to read that one cause there was a really shitty popular local band called that (i grew up in WV) and i was sure it would suck just as bad. now that i'm a grownup that logic doesn't hold up.

now that i think of it i have no idea what that book is about. rabbits?

I finally finished reading Dona Flor and Her Two Husbands. A really well developed book. At times it was very difficult to get through. At those times I just left the book and came back weeks later. However, I am a huge fan of Latin authors so I pushed on through and was left with a beautiful book. Rich story lines and this one is full of food and music. It may help if you know something about Brazilian culture or Portuguese. However, there is a glossary of Portuguese words used. The story is about gambling and mysticism in Brazil. It is told as the story of a man who dies on Carnival and him coming back to life. It is also complimented with the story told through different musical scores of accompaniment and Bahaian cooking.

m01000031_2.jpg

I'm trying to remember the name of a book that was mentioned in one of the other book threads...

something like The house of leaves maybe?

there are supposed to be hidden messages in the book, different colored letters and shit.

Any help? The author had an odd last name. meh

Just read:

In god we trust all others pay cash

IGWT_Orig_Front_small.jpg

Pretty funny, but having the characters from a christmas story stuck in my head was a good and bad thing.

Dracula

draculaart.jpg

Just cause I've never actually read it, and wanted something scary to read. Not too scary though.

Shadowland

shadowland%20new%20cover.jpg

Picked it up cause Straub had a lot of books, I've never read him, and it was placed in vermont. but the images and atmosphere was pretty hard to follow and it didn't end nicely.

Now, I'm thinking about Frankenstein or A Christmas Carol. Probably go with Frankenstein.