oakland shootings part deux

Guest 50million

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i got stuck on the 580 near broadway cuz of a CHP shooting. i think it was bout 40 shots fired. also i think an AC transit bus was involved cuz it's just chillin in the middle of the freeway.

OPD got that whole area blocked off, like a 2 mile radius

pulled this off someone's twitter as soon as i got home to read the news on this

131725350.jpg

Three Wounded In I-580 CHP Roadside Shootout

Posted: 1:35 am PDT July 18, 2010Updated: 8:54 am PDT July 18, 2010

OAKLAND, Calif. -- Interstate Highway 580 remained shut down in Oakland Sunday morning, more than six hours after an armed man wearing body armor allegedly shot at California Highway Patrol officers, a spokesman said.

The emergency closure began when two CHP officers initiated a traffic stop on the driver of a white Toyota pickup truck on westbound Highway 580 just west of Grand Avenue at around midnight, CHP spokesman Sgt. Trent Cross said. The truck was allegedly observed speeding and weaving in traffic.

When one of the CHP officers approached the truck, multiple firearms and weapons could be seen in the vehicle, and backup units were immediately called to the scene, Cross said.

When multiple CHP officers arrived, the suspect opened fire and a brief gun battle ensued, during which multiple shots were exchanged.

The suspect, described only as a white male adult, was shot an unknown number of times and taken to Highland Hospital in serious condition.

It was later determined the suspect was wearing body armor, Cross said. His identity was not released.

Two CHP officers were hospitalized with injuries that were not expected to be life threatening.

The shooting is under investigation by the CHP, the Oakland Police Department and the Alameda County District Attorney's Office.

A Sig-alert was issued at 1:02 a.m. and traffic on Highway 580 continues to be diverted off to Interstate Highway 980. There was no estimated time of reopening the highway at 8 a.m.

Crazy! I was at a bar right next to the highway as all of this was going down and had no idea.

As I was leaving, some dudes driving stopped and asked how to get back on the highway, I was like "you can get on right there past Grand." derrrrrp.

And now they hate you.

Looks like I picked a good weekend to get out of Oakland.

Does anyone know where this is actually filmed in Oakland?

How often does this happen?

High st. And east 14th (international)

Happens quite often. Pimps beat their hoes. Also its another mentality here. If a female wanna talk shit like a guy and act hard like a nigga, she gonna get beat down like a nigga.

• Like 1