What's The Last Movie You Saw: The Sequel

shaolinmasta

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
thought this was gonna be a little different, cool though i suppose.

A-Clockwork-Orange.jpg

holy crap, was not amused.

toxic_avenger.jpg

clockwork is timeless.

toxic avenger is a generational thing, if you didnt see it when it dropped you probably(most certainly) wont enjoy it.

i got half a mind to neg mr cagney for not understanding the fucking unfuckwithness

of a clockwork orange and downright disrespecting the god kubrick himself.

in other news. Motherfuck this shit. thought i'd never watch. shoulda kept it that way.

and of course an oldie but goodie(not even that old at all compared to most shit i watch but)

such a dope soundtrack.

013_st2630~boiler-room-posters.jpg

:lol:

NOES, in my defense, i was wasted when i watched it, it was the first time i had seen it, and growing up i heard nothing but "that movie is so fucked, the rape scene is crazy ect.." and while wasted i was like... "dude didnt do anything but cut holes in her dress and the scene cut.. whats so crazy about this?" i had thought the whole movie was more like the beginning, i also didnt keep in mind that at the time it came out, that probably was pretty out there.. i do think the movie is sweet, i was just a little harsh while i was drunk.

56-1.jpg

clockwork oranges rape scene is like a baby dick compared to the more serious rape scenes in the movie bizz. take straw dogs for instance. same decade even, i believe.

edit*

same year. 1971. google motherfucker. how does it work?

"Irreversible" has the worst rape scene i.m.o. that movie fucked my world up for a week.

60026141.jpg

http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/Irreversible/60026141?trkid=2361637#height1749

elephant-white-movie-poster-1.jpg

A jaded hitman starts down a new path with the help of a teenage girl.

Prachya Pinkaew, best known for his work with Tony Jaa in Ong Bak and Tom Yum Goong, directs this American production, set in Bangkok but played out like any other low-budget Hollywood film. Djimon Hounsou is an impressive actor when he wants to be, but seems to be developing a very Nic Cage style of deadpan delivery for the bulk of his lines. Still, it’s nice to see him in a leading role for once. Kevin Bacon gets top billing for his supporting character, a shady arms dealer with possibly the worst on-screen English accent I’ve ever heard. Bacon hams it up in the few scenes he has, sounding much like a strange love-child between Ozzie Osbourne and Jack Sparrow. The rest of the cast is lukewarm at best, mostly forgettable characters with all the depth of a scrap of paper.

Honestly, it was an incredible chore to sit through this movie. The barely coherent plot is full of half-baked twists and ridiculous attempts at greater symbolism. Writer Kevin Bernhardt tries so hard to resonate deeply in regard to the very taboo subject matter of human trafficking in Thailand, but it ultimately fall flat by trying to say too much with too little. The narrative jumps from scene to scene without any sort of rhyme or reason, taking ages to finally pick a pace and follow it to a sloppy climax. It doesn’t help that there isn’t much depth to the story to begin with, aside from some appropriated quasi-religious musings and the obvious theme that the sex trade is wrong.

There was definitely potential for this film to be at least some kind of cult classic, and I suppose that potential is still there, but it seems like it just couldn’t bring enough to the table to be anything more than a bargain bin title. The music and cinematography are unremarkable, getting the job done without any sort of art or meaning behind them. The digital effects are pretty awful, but they’re thankfully limited. The action seems like it could have been very impressive, with innovative choreography based on real Muay Thai techniques. Unfortunately, although getting points for enthusiasm, Hounsou doesn’t ever feel like a very talented stunt performer. Like other parts of the film, the fights just felt incredibly average, lacking the kind of intensity that Jaa or other action stars bring with them. If you see Elephant White for a couple bucks at the supermarket, I suppose it might be worth a shot for laughs, but I think you’re more likely to get snores out of it instead.

Re: What's The Last Movie You Saw The Sequel

Death race is a good action racer. 8/10 because of originality, also i like re-makes of films i havent seen as i get to watch the original aswell and thats a bonus. Plus with this movie, you have the sequel, although it spoils most the plot for the first one its good to know there is another couple of hours of the stuff i like to watch, after all i am not watching death race for the plot am i?

-------------------------

web design sydney