The Beer Thread

H. Lecter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

only reason i said that is because i like hops, apparently the irish dont. as a general rule from my time in the UK, the locals make very light bodied beers-even at high ABV. there were a few decent ones. redemption and dark star were aightish.

They resist using water additives generally, which means they get that lighter mouth feel. I hear exactly what you're saying.

I can tell you that it's 99% gimmick. They brewed Punk at the bottom of the ocean, wowee, they used the same yeast as in Zeitgeist, and magically it's become a 7.5% beer from a 5.2% recipe? No way on God's green is that the same beer that went to the bottom of the sea.

The Paradox was awesome. I like a lot of their brews, really. But the price is complete bullshit.

Fuck an overpriced local store and screw a BevMo.

TotalWine (TotalWin) is a new chain popping up and slays everyone. The prices are unbelievably cheap and the selection is insane!

Over 75 stores in 10 states that carry a selection of more than 8,000 different wines, 3,000 spirits and 2,500 beers.

Category

Ale (926)

Lager (551)

Seasonal (369)

Kegs (199)

Special Release (159)

Flavored Malt & Cider (121)

Specialty (115)

Country

United States (1505)

Belgium (195)

Germany (115)

England (85)

Mexico (59)

Canada (38)

Netherlands (33)

Ireland (25)

Czech Republic (16)

Denmark (15)

France (14)

Austria (13)

Japan (12)

Italy (11)

Scotland (11)

Australia (9)

New Zealand (8)

China (7)

Spain (7)

Russia (7)

Poland (6)

Jamaica (5)

Portugal (5)

India (3)

Thailand (3)

Costa Rica (3)

Philippines (3)

Norway (3)

Greece (2)

Argentina (2)

Brazil (2)

Slovakia (2)

Lithuania (2)

Laos (2)

Turkey (1)

Guatemala (1)

Peru (1)

Lebanon (1)

Ukraine (1)

Sri Lanka (1)

Singapore (1)

Croatia (1)

Sweden (1)

Bulgaria (1)

Armenia (1)

Belize (1)

French Polynesia (1)

http://www.totalwine.com/eng/categories/beer

I love shopping here, it is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend looking one up.

Fuck an overpriced local store and screw a BevMo.

TotalWine (TotalWin) is a new chain popping up and slays everyone. The prices are unbelievably cheap and the selection is insane!

TotalWine's alright but I'll take a local mom and pop shop with a good beer selection that may be a couple dollars higher than TotalWine (or a major chain) any day. Just like I'll pay a little extra to buy from a local butcher or cheesemonger. I typically buy my beers from places where I know the owner by name and he/she knows me. They know what styles I like and they'll set rare bottles aside for me when they can.

And totalwine's been around for at least 15 years, it started as TotalBeverage in the 90's. Nothing new or revolutionary there.

• Like 1

Just because they had a store somehwere in a Confederate State 15 years ago doesn't mean they are not a new chain. They are new to AZ, & they are only beginning to expand into a couple other states.

The mom n pops in Chicago don't speak English, and are total rip offs. Shit... even chains likes Binny's stick it to you. We're not talking about a couple bucks when you drop a hondo on beer, we're talking an extra 60.

In AZ, the choices are scarce, maybe 3-4 mom-n-pop stores (fresh off the boat) who like to add $5 to every six pack SRP. I tried to support the upscale beer/wine store near me for as long as possible, but when the choice is Leffe for $6, or Leffe for $14... it's totally retarded to pay the immigrant tax and it offends me they feel they can take advantage of me like that.

There is a place in Tempe/Scottsdale called Papago Brewery which is a hybrid beer store/bar, where the staff is knowledgeable and you can sit and drink it there, but you pay a hefty premium. (Facepalm, their website is still in frames)

237.jpg

PHP4E4F182A3A57C.jpg

BeerCase_Papago.jpg

and fuck trader joes, whole foods and AJ's markets for being chains with insane mark-ups too.