The Beer Thread

H. Lecter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to be an absolute wanker here, but fuck I hate wines with non varietal names.

"Would you like to try the Prisoner?"

Fuck me. Horrible.

no one would sell a wine like that, it would be "would you like to try the prisoner? a gsm blend from blah blah blah."

wine fags are homos though.

my boss just gave me a honey beer for sleeping on the hostel couch, look forward to trying it.

The beer is 7.2% alcohol by volume.

The higher the percentage of alcohol, the faster you get drunk.

Most run of the mill beers are around 5% alcohol by volume, meaning this beer is a bit unique for its alcohol content.

Tastes alright too, like a pale ale but hoppier.

'Nuff said

Rated PG for mild sarcasm

They are also, all delicious.

Abstract - mostly grenache rounded out with petite sirah and syrah

Prisoner - zinfandel, cab sav, syrah, petite sirah, charbono, grenache

D66 - grenache, syrah, carignon aged on french oak.

Sideways-Wine-Tour.jpg

This fucking guy.

Jk, Drinking merlot with dinner.

the.crooked, I probably should've mentioned that this beer is brewed locally in the town I live in, which is why I posted it.

Any perthites here will be familiar with the brewery and I'd suggest they cheggit if they get the chance.

I'm aware of the availability of high alcohol beers, having visited Delirium cafe in Belgium and sampling 6 years worth of noel ales in a day.

Needless to say I don't remember a lot of it, other than my mate power yacking into a spherical beer glass and having it splash back all over him.

crime stoppers was his name

namedroponer

the.crooked, I probably should've mentioned that this beer is brewed locally in the town I live in, which is why I posted it.

Any perthites here will be familiar with the brewery and I'd suggest they cheggit if they get the chance.

I'm aware of the availability of high alcohol beers, having visited Delirium cafe in Belgium and sampling 6 years worth of noel ales in a day.

Needless to say I don't remember a lot of it, other than my mate power yacking into a spherical beer glass and having it splash back all over him.

crime stoppers was his name

namedroponer

...i remember my first beer.

crooked means that that style usually has a higher ABV, not that 7.2% means anything special, shit brewdog have some "beers" in the 40-50ABV range. "noel" was the name given to one of the delirium beers they release for christmas, and the glass i blasted was a goblet.

LCB is the new James Squire, and hence, can go fuck themselves. even though i like their beers.

Dropping unnecessary knowledge (obviously I know what noel beer is, like I said, drunk it in Belgium).

Trying to make up for vomiting on yourself (goblet pfff).

Ripping on your home town breweries.

Minus 1,000 style points.

I thought cunts in here liked getting drunk.

So i posted a beer with a relatively high alcohol content.

Fucking cry.

20081226-dnoel-1.jpg

We also have a fine tradition of talking shit on people for no real reason other than that a few of us have been talking about this since early on in the thread.

No harm, no foul.

Had some maui brewing - big swell ipa, nogne - imperial stout, evil twin - heretic imperial red ale, and a het anker gouden caralous - hopsinjoor last night.

I was drunk.

That's the other reason I was talking shit.