The Beer Thread

H. Lecter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah… ranger -- meh.

have you tried new belgium's blue paddle?

it's really good. refreshing (literally) to have a pale that's not that standard 'sierra' taste.

We keep Blue Paddle in the kegerator pretty regularly around here. It's a real nice beer to have around whenever you want to knock one or two down.

Ranger certainly isn't the best, but it's much better on tap than it is out of the bottle. We have gotten a couple kegs of that since it came out, and it's pretty solid for the price.

Most of New Belgium's stuff is trash...I know that better than anyone else. But if you can get a fresh keg (really the only benefit of living 5 minutes from the brewery) of Blue Paddle or Ranger for $40 you are doing ok.

New Belgium really fucked up when they decided to change the bottling of La Folie and quit bottle conditioning it. That was really the beer that allowed me to hold them in any sort of high regard, and they fucked it all up.

I don't know if I would be getting to puffed up over Weyerbacher though, most of their stuff is ehhh, aside from Double Simcoe IPA.

Weyerbacher Imperial pumpkin both on draft and out of the bottle is smooth. It's definitely one of the highlights of this years pumpkin beers.

Edit: How do they taste they mixed? There's a pub&brewery near me that offers mixed beers, but I never had the appetite for one.

I recently mixed DFH Punkin with Guinness, I would typically not mix beers however a girl who's beer knowledge I trust recommended this combination and it tasted good.

5074098174_5682cba7c9.jpg

I'm sure everyone's very familiar with brew dog, always a good choice in the IPA, although for as much as they talk about it having balls and being too strong for most people it's got to be one of the less strong IPA's ive had recently. Not ballsy or stupidly hoppy by my standards.

For the next ones im not sure where else to put them, i figured here some people might appreciate it. For my birthday i got myself this,

5074094466_b75173affa.jpg

A blend of rums between 6-23 years old, incredibly well made although for the price it would want to be.

Hopefully some one here is also into spirits.

Punk is always going to be their 'marketable' beer, but they have rocked some pretty cool stuff. Maybe try the hardcore instead of the punk?

Got hold of some of the American stuff you guys keep banging on about, pretty sure it's the first of it ever to hit my state here in Aus.

AmericanBrews.jpg

DogFishIPA.jpg

MIxedAmerican.jpg

STONELevitation.jpg

As for spirits, you're talking to the right bloke. I know mixing is sacrilegious with things like that, but a Cuba Libre with that would be INSANE. I make my own spirits and after a while drinking everything straight loses its allure.