The Beer Thread

H. Lecter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

victory_yakima_twilight.png

Drinking this right now. Reminds me somewhat of an Arrogant Bastard. It's a fairly dark beer, but exceptionally bitter and heavy on hops. I think compared to an AB, which I don't have on hand to compare, it's less roasty and more citric, a little less balanced and more centered on the hops. 8.1%, and exploded an enormous head that hung around in my glass forever and looked great. It's got my recommendation.

3337366346_ac59620467.jpg

Finally tried Pliny the Elder tonight. I hadn't noticed they were hiding in the corner of one of the coolers at the liquor store i frequent and they were only 4.99 for the 500ml bottle. Literally the second i pulled one out of the cooler one of the employees lurked up behind me and started ranting and raving about it.

As to be expected, it was really good. Very crisp, clean taste, with plenty of hop flavor, along with hints of citrus and what me and a friend agreed seemed to be a flower taste of some sort. Rounded out with a noticeable malt flavors as well, and wasn't just overwhelming hops and no other distinguishable tastes like some IPAs. Also surprisingly easy to drink for an 8% beer. With all the flavors going on and the damn near perfect blending of them, i'd never guess this shit was 8% without seeing the bottle. Recommended.

• Like 1

I bought some Mill Street Stock Ale tonight from a fairly new micro brewery in my cities old brewery/distilleries district.

It's a golden export-style ale made from only malt and hops, no fillers or adjuncts. The malt's natural sweetness is perfectly balanced by the bitterness derived from the hops.

here's the web site if anyones interested http://www.millstreetbrewery.com http://www.millstreetbrewpub.ca