Team Dog Lovers [round 2]

watson

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im not 100% sure. It is the first time he has seen them since we took him so about 5 months now, but they all got on really well and there was no humping involved, considering he hassnt seen them in about 5 months there was definitely some sort of recognition there he wasnt as shy or wary he was at home straight away.

dog people of 12ounce. Help a nurga out.

i fear i might end up breaking a bone in my roomates

dogs face. a 10 month old beastly un-trained, half-heartdley neglected

akita mut mix. this fucking thing has destroyed more countless

household items and personal possessions than i can count and there

is no hope in sight. already done had the "talk" with it's owner and

we settled that anything that little fucker ate he'd compensate me for.

including a 350$ pair of glasses. dude refuses to crate her. and i just got in

and found my oldest beloved pair of kicks ripped open from heel to toe.

i'm fucking FED UP with this thing.but i don't close my door because

my dog is a princess and she needs the in and out time. anyone have any advice

on handling this shit minus the animal abuse. i'm open to anything.

seriously close to the edge here dudes. . .(YESMAD)

My dog gets worried when we leave him alone and sometimes rips shit up but I just make sure everything is too high for him to get at, he is much better now and doesnt tend to go for anything other than loose paper now, only because we taught him plus we moved everything else outta reach. Sucks if the mail comes when he is home alone though.

If I were you I would start getting real shitty to the owner, they obviously aren't teaching the dog right and the dog cant be held accountable for bad ownership.

edit - just thought another thing that helps is giving him something to chew on before you go out, I know Earl mentioned they stink but a paddywhack keeps my dog busy for hours, he also likes pigs ears as well. He definitely stopped chewing stuff up a lot more when we left him thouse, also get a bin with a lid rather than a waste basket.

I'm usually pretty good at keeping things out of the way of it's mouth.

but once a little time passes and i'm busy like today i forget. i've started

dumping the bathroom trash destruction on dudes floor. but the guy is hopeless.

dude is a 40 year old hippie-love gay pride whole foods manager. NOTHING

fazes this dude. one could probably hawk a bloody tobacco lugi in his eyeball

and he'd still be chill about it.''

*edit

worrd. waste basket things an easy fix. gotta grab one of those.

and i s'pose i could buy her stupid ass some shit to chew on.

dammit if i still don't wanna kill her.

Suki told me about this when my dog was chew crazy.

biiterapple-review.jpg

If the dog is fucking up furniture, you can spray it with that and it will help.

Like Decy said, give it bones on the regular. If the dog is big get the big bones. The ones that look like a caveman would use them to smack a chick before dragging her to his cave.

2899868377_43d1fef8e3.jpg

I say find a new roommate or move into an apartment by yourself. You could always try and show the dog you're the dominant one in the house. Beat the shit out of the dude in front of his dog. You'll probably have to fight the dog as well. Good luck.

Ridgeback/husky mix looks interesting, Ridgebacks tend to be on the large size.

NOES- there's not a lot you can do unless you want to train dude's dog for him. Really, the owner needs training. Otherwise, you're dealing with a dog in need of discipline/training/playtime.

NOES

if the dude is willing to pay to replace your stuff, would he pay for obedience training? it might be the easiest way out of this, to sort of make it like the guy has no choice or you'll kill him.

my only other suggestion is you do the training yourself.

this could be extremely difficult if the dog doesn't really recognize you as the authority. since the dog is both an akita, and not owned by you but instead a mushy hippy, the dog may not listen to you.

if it does, whenever the dog starts chewing on something it isnt supposed to (which also means you sort of have to wait for this opportunity then let it happen..) go fucking nuts on the dog for a few seconds, then replace what its chomping with a toy that it' allowed to chomp (and obviously the dog needs several of the black kong toys) and then praise the dog like it won the lottery while it's chomping the proper toy.

other thing is the dog needs more exercise, surely at least part of the reason it's chewing shit is a lack of good ways to release that energy.

good luck.

*didn't see earl/decyfer's bone suggestion til later but yeah that too.

my foster/rescue is working out really well..

IMG_0593.jpg

IMG_0584-1.jpg

thnx dewds for the timely suggestions. problem with replacement bones is that it loves nothing

better then to destroy them all over my bed, (which it always seems to be) leading to eating pieces of my

comforter/pillows, getting liquidated bone and slober all over my fucking bed. i definitely might pick up

some of those heavily durable toys and scatter them around though. hippy homo dude has mentioned

getting the dog a trainer, but failed to deliver promise on multiple occasions.

WIN FREE MONTHS OF 12OZ. VIP

SUPPORT OUR ADVERTISERS!!!!!

This contest will run all week until Friday - July 15th, 2011 .. 6 p.m. EST

Click on any advertiser(non-12oz. paint shop ad) check out what the advertiser has to offer and while you are there

Take a screen grab on any page within the advertisers site and get 2 free weeks.

Each screen grab has to be from a different advertiser per day, you can only submit 2 screen grab ads per day, giving you 1 free month a day you participate. Thats 4 months if you send in 2 submissions a day until Friday.

Send me your screen grabs via Private message, we will update your account nightly. Please make sure you submit correctly, we will not reply back to submissions that are wrong.

DON'T send us your old screen shots from previous contests. We have them saved and will reference back to avoid schemers. We also know what ads are running, some have ended and some new ones have been dropped into rotation....

Enjoy…

This contest will run all week until Friday - July 15th, 2011 .. 6 p.m. EST

SUPPORT OUR ADVERTISERS!!!!!!

WIN FREE MONTHS OF 12OZ. VIP STATUS

excited dog?

is he fixed? that would be the first thing to do.

otherwise, needs more activity.. is there a dog run around you?

injury, those pics and pups are pretty awesome

we wanted to at least consider getting a third, but it's too much to ask people when we go away and i hate to kennel them

so instead, i became a foster. very happy with the decision. i cleaned up piss this morning but it's no big deal, dog goes to her forever home on saturday

• Like 1