Team Dog Lovers [round 2]

watson

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

i'm in no comfortable position to just run off to the vet, but a dude is worried about my little ladie.

took my peach tree to the beach for the first time in a minute and she was all up in the water

for a good amount of time this past sunday. when we left she seemed to have gotten some

redness irritation around her mouth and nose. is kinda went away the next morning. but came

right on back and has now stuck around since sunday. I know its gotta have something

to do with the salt water i reckon but i assumed it'd be gone in a couple days. shits still there

and has a nigga kinda worried. thoughts, suggestions, advice, etc....?

IMAG0137.jpg

IMAG0138.jpg

Call the vet tell them your dogs condition and ask if it's something you should be worried about also is there something you could do from home to help it......you may get some info out of them, I've done that hella times. Sunburn maybe?

i'm in no comfortable position to just run off to the vet, but a dude is worried about my little ladie.

took my peach tree to the beach for the first time in a minute and she was all up in the water

for a good amount of time this past sunday. when we left she seemed to have gotten some

redness irritation around her mouth and nose. is kinda went away the next morning. but came

right on back and has now stuck around since sunday. I know its gotta have something

to do with the salt water i reckon but i assumed it'd be gone in a couple days. shits still there

and has a nigga kinda worried. thoughts, suggestions, advice, etc....?

It's possible your dog may have gotten sunburned on it's muzzle, further irritated by salt water...Important to rinse your dog well with fresh water after a beach day...

There are special canine sun-blocks or use an spf30 sun-block for "babies" on muzzle area before exposure & every 30 mins after.

Is your dog itchy where the rash is? If so, you can administer benadryl based on the dog's weight. Also an oatmeal conditioning rinse may be soothing. Some natural aloe vera gel may also help..

I would stay away from using any soap before conditioner, since area is already irritated...HOPE this is helpful...

GOOD LUCK!!! You have an absolutely beautiful "best friend" there!!!

now i'm looking into human glucosamine in dog size portions anyone know a good dosage

I have to do the research but have been busy

I had a German Shepherd, 'Joe Young'...diagnosed with severe arthritis and hip displasia...my vet had recommended major surgery with only a 50/50 chance of improvement...

A friend suggested trying glucosamine for 2 weeks to see if it would help.

A miracle remedy!!! He was jumping up on the bed & into the back of the pick-up truck like a puppy again.

'Joe' weighed about 95 lbs & i gave him 1500 mg of 'human' glucosamine supplements (pill form) every day mixed in with his food. It was half the price of canine liquid glucosamine at the time (1999).

Sorry, didn't see a description in your post, but if this is similar to your dog's problem, HOPEfully it'll work for you too...should be given daily & continuously, once a working dosage regimen is established...

• Like 1

basically the glucosamine sold at pet stores is a major rip off

i'm doing more preventative medicine, he has no problems now besides these small bumps

which i think are called hygroma from sleeping on hardwood floors

hip dysplasia is the #1 problem of the breed. he has best of breed blood so i'm not worried but

i'd rather be safer than sorry. hes my bffl

serum...btw, what kind of dog do you have? Shepherd? Retriever?

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these dog pics!!!

Looking at everyone's 4-legged BFFs going: "Awww, awesome! Awwww, Cute! Awww, Sweet! Awwww, Adorable!"

I have a pit-mix adopted from a local shelter...he's the b-e-s-t.<3...Love him...just havin' trouble posting pics as usual...

(very honorable mention: 8 street rescue cats, 1 recent street rescue mama cat w/3 kittens, 1 rescue bird...)

i washed ol peaches up in the shower right after we left the beach that day. shits still there.

:lol:

IMAG0138.jpg

Sampson gets this all the time. He's generally a house dog, but I go to the beach and camping a lot, and when he gets to roll with me- this lil nurgan will literally sniff himself retarded. I mean just all over the place at all times, frenzy mode.

I seen those pictures you took and had to take a couple iphone shots of my dog real quick. He's skurd because some kids are lighting fireworks in the park below my spot this evening. You can kind of see the same markings on his snout? Bad lighting or whatevs...

7777a850.jpg?t=1312077159

Lil nigs did too much rummaging and sniffing last week when we were up in the woods. He was off-leash pretty much the whole time. Chasing racoons, squirrels, wild-boar. You know. Dog-shit. This is healing still, it was much worse.

c1aab949.jpg?t=1312077082

DERP. Anyways... I wouldn't worry about it. Sam had this shit all across his nose. Even poked himself in the eyeballs a couple of times while running through the brush. (edit: you can see the scar healing inside/near his left eye) Not worth a vet visit IMHO.

NOES- looks like your dog just rubbed his sniffer raw on the sand, sniff mode.

Sam did have it above his brows a little bit too and it healed as usual. I assume he was digging and putting his head in fucking borrows and whatnot...

Two things...

Yes it could be anal glands, and you probably could do that yourself, but it would involve some grossness. google it. the vet can do it, and it's cheap usually. The other thing with pugs is that they are often allergic to things. my pug was farting constantly until we figured out he is allergic to grain. so now he has grain free food and that has solved the problem completely.

:lol:

Sampson gets this all the time. He's generally a house dog, but I go to the beach and camping a lot, and when he gets to roll with me- this lil nurgan will literally sniff himself retarded. I mean just all over the place at all times, frenzy mode.

Lil nigs did too much rummaging and sniffing last week when we were up in the woods. He was off-leash pretty much the whole time. Chasing racoons, squirrels, wild-boar. You know. Dog-shit. This is healing still, it was much worse.

DERP. Anyways... I wouldn't worry about it. Sam had this shit all across his nose. Even poked himself in the eyeballs a couple of times while running through the brush. (edit: you can see the scar healing inside/near his left eye) Not worth a vet visit IMHO.

NOES- looks like your dog just rubbed his sniffer raw on the sand, sniff mode.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: thanks a bunch my nurga. shit also provided the change yer

day up lulz all types of miserable tired at work. must spread. :fistpound.JPEG:

I just heard a weird noise coming from the living room so I grabbed the pick axe handle and went downstairs poised to smash some crack head around the face...only to find Alfie had let himself out of his crate and decided the best thing to do at stupid am, when he should be sleeping, is chew his bone under the coffee table getting hair all over my rug.

DSCF2096-1-1.jpg/puppyinsomniaconer